[PvE] Life Blast bug

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Have you also experienced that Life Blast works very poorly in the PvE world? I am mainly thinking of world bosses now. Taidha, Maw etc. it doesn’t register unless I am standing very close to the bosses. It might get a hit or three but then seizes to work.

What are your observations on this matter?

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I’ve experienced this too, on the same bosses. Very annoying since DS is my go to for auto attacking.

[EG] is recruiting!

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Standard projectile bugs, I’d imagine. See if staff autos have the same issue.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I have noticed this happening also and ive only really seen it crop up after they messed around with adding Dhuumfire to it via the trait.

I do not use the Dhuumfire trait but what normally happens is your attacks will register at first and then nothing. Doesnt matter how close I am or where I move to none of the attacks even register but it only appears to be lifeblast that is affected as the rest of the skills within DS hit.

In the end I just have to exit out of DS.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Staff auto attacks work just fine. It’s just sad you spec for burst and have to use staff auto attack for long range attacks, when it often is the only valid means of attacking an enemy, as the marks don’t trigger on everything.

Many traits are build around LB, which you can’t put to good use.

Hopefully they’ll do something about it.

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

No, it’s a bug specifically with Life Blast. Life Blast will constantly be ‘Out of Range’ for no apparent reason, even when point blank with a target. It seems particularly bad on champions, and large scaled mobs. Half the time, I can’t hit EoTM champ lords for example.

Almost every necromancer I’ve asked reports the same issue. I’ve seen two recent threads in the game bugs forum and have reported it ingame as well, but it’s been like this a few months at least.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Scarran.9845

Yeah its definitely an annoying bug and funnily enough I notice it happening more in WvW or EOTM against champ lords. Its almost as annoying as someone knocking them out you’re well just as you place it down.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sors Immani.8429

Sors Immani.8429

It’s an annoying bug, but I’ve found that allowing the life force bar to fully deplete is enough to get Life Blast working correctly again.

Homeworld: Dragonbrand—Necro main Sors Immani, leader of Ripple Effect [RE]
aka Thalakos Dralnu, Voxt Umultus, and Jalis Haafingar.
Vulgarity is no substitution for wit.

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Scarran.9845

It’s an annoying bug, but I’ve found that allowing the life force bar to fully deplete is enough to get Life Blast working correctly again.

Exiting out of DS whether its by depleting the lifeforce bar or by exiting out manually fixes the problem. It does appear to be random when it happens which is a bit of a kicker, only reliable method ive found to replicate it is fight a champion/lord in EOTM or WvW.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro

(edited by Scarran.9845)

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

It happens to me every single time on Maw.

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zurchin.8479

Zurchin.8479

Yeah im starting to get this alote all over the place, this is a bug that needs to be fixed its an absolute game breaker for some necro ds builds, it should of been fixed the first moment it appeared…

Zee Bear Claw [GLAD]
Aurora Glade

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Halcyon.7352

Four months later and this is still persisting.

For an auto attack skill with such a lengthy cast time, there’s nothing more disappointing then waiting for life blast to consume life force, charge, barrel towards your target… and then not connect. Hooray!

Please fix this broken skill.

It seems to work on most normal mobs, but it fails consistently on larger targets, particularly champions and legendaries.

Edit: It seems something was changed however in these four months: Instead of getting ’Out of Range!" for no apparent reason, the attack simply misses, and no popup for damage or out of range text shows.

For the toast!

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Over the last four months, plaing mostly on my necro and life blasting a lot more often than I had been, I have yet to ever see this bug. Even against the world bosses, I still have perfect Life Blast accuracy.

On Maw, though, it might be the stupid cyclones he summons that are body-blocking your life blasts.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

No there definetly seems to be a problem with LB’s projectile. I have seen this bug irregulary but quite persistent on PvE mobs. Especially in EotM and the new Silverwastes map.

Yesterday I managed to get no hit with Life Transfer even though I stood in the middle of a pack of mobs. But that could be because of the weird edge the fort’s entrance has. You can’t place a mark on there either or move the cursor (with the mark selected) over it.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by CastIron.7364)

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Halcyon.7352

Over the last four months, plaing mostly on my necro and life blasting a lot more often than I had been, I have yet to ever see this bug. Even against the world bosses, I still have perfect Life Blast accuracy.

On Maw, though, it might be the stupid cyclones he summons that are body-blocking your life blasts.

Please give me your perfect hits.

Here’s EotM footage I got today.

I apologize for the blur and stutter, I’ve fine tuned the settings since recording this.

In summary: Of 23-24 casts, only 8 connect. I’ll be recording more hilarious broken-ness in the future in better quality.

For the toast!

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

Up

This is happening way too often, need a massiv report in game bug topic

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Halcyon.7352

Up

This is happening way too often, need a massiv report in game bug topic

Agreed.

http://youtu.be/QYcFYFWRcSA

More footage of life blast clearly not working.

The first 12 casts all miss. I don’t even get a ‘miss’ text. I just cast, and the bolt just seemingly disappears into thin air. I did a quick count, and saw 6 casts connect, 23 misses. It’s ridiculous.

I notice that the only hits are from when I’m basically point blank on the target/inside the circle – though even this sometimes doesn’t guarantee a hit.

For the toast!

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Halcyon.7352

Bump.

I’ve noticed this on almost every keep/tower lord in EoTM, consistently failing to hit the Balloon Pilot, Basilisk, Owl, Charr Igniter. Also was missing as 400-ish range Megadestroyer near the shore today, and the Risen High Wizard in Cursed Shore.

For the toast!

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koalachan.3451

Koalachan.3451

I recently came back to GW2 and came looking if there was a known bug for my Lifeblast often bugging out now. I am very saddened to find a thread that was started 7 MONTHS ago about this. Shots that clearly should have hit suddenly all miss. I can’t distinguish a pattern for when it starts or when it stops.

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I recently came back to GW2 and came looking if there was a known bug for my Lifeblast often bugging out now. I am very saddened to find a thread that was started 7 MONTHS ago about this. Shots that clearly should have hit suddenly all miss. I can’t distinguish a pattern for when it starts or when it stops.

Welcome to the world of necromancer, where bugs are our way of life. There are some that are even older than this, sadly….

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koalachan.3451

Koalachan.3451

Had some recent observations that made me post additional info in this Bug Report: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Life-Blast-misses-almost-figured-out-old/first#post5097405

Can you guys confirm whether this matches your observations?

[PvE] Life Blast bug

in Necromancer

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I can see that being the problem, since it(for me)only happens on Champs, and there’s usually a lot of allies around. Though I’ve not experienced this in large WvW groups. The fact it’s still a bug all this time with all the threads and reports is just sad. This thread is almost a yr old!

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers