PvE Necro builds?

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: blickquickly.4168

blickquickly.4168

Ok, so Im noob player with GW2. Ive “retired” from Warcraft, guild-run raiding and all that for good long while now. Ive been casually rolling through the game, doing quests (or hearts w/e) farming/roaming, just clearing zones using power/precision/toughness. But lately Ive started thinking hey, Im gonna be 80 eventually and Id like to start doing dungeons with pugs or find a guild….something like that and I dont want be that guy who sucks. I changed to Carrion gear on a whim, started reading up on Necros, weapons and DPS rotations, ect…and now I have one question:

What build is going to be good for the roamer/dungeoneer? I also take part in events as they come along. There seems to be an over-choice of options. And everyone has a “my build is the best” it seems. Any and all advice is acceptable. Im comfortable in and out of close combat, if that matters.

EDIT: Is the PvE guide sticky still useful after all the updates and whatnot? The post looks to be 11 months old.

Look, I cant promise I’ll try….But I’ll try to try.

(edited by blickquickly.4168)

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Guide-DPS-Necro-for-PvE/first

The sticky is still relevant – Necromancers and Dungeons have not changed much from a year ago

For Dungeons and high level group instanced content you want maximum damage which that sticky will guide you – defense in gw2 is all about learning the encounters and learning when to dodge

Keep in mind Necromancers are mostly not wanted in high level PvE – We lack support for the group

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

blickquickly.4168

….why would they make a class no one will want to group with? WTH GW2 DEVS??

….Now Im thinking why play this class at all….

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The guide is relatively up to date. I havent bothered tweaking it to the lastest feature patch. Because that only introduced minor changes which havent effected builds or rotations.

If you want a class that will always be popular and wanted in PvE (both casual and high end) then i suggest making an ele.

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

….why would they make a class no one will want to group with? WTH GW2 DEVS??

….Now Im thinking why play this class at all….

Why play a Necro? Hopefully you like it!

Keep in mind there are other parts to this game pvp/wvw where necros have a place in any group and are quite useful!

As long as you play with guildies/friends/casuals you should not be getting kicked out for being a Necro

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Well if you’re looking for up to date builds this site might be useful.

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I still roll necro in dungeons and fractals, haters gonna hate.

[qT] Necro main.

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

blickquickly.4168

Thanks Spoj and everyone. I’ll go over the guide. Im gonna take my Necro to 80 at least. Im at 65ish now, so why stop now? And…if groups arent going to like me, I REALLY better be a good necro. Metabattle looks good! thanks for that site.

I did enjoy PvP quite a bit in Warcraft so maybe I’ll head down the PvP/WvW path once I hit 80. I mean, I havent wanted to punch a hole in a wall for years now.

I do have a cute lil lvl10 Ele as well….Much to consider! TYTY!

PvE Necro builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Bare in mind the dulfy version is more up to date than the sticky. It should be linked on the sticky though.

And if you do decide to look at ele. My guildmates made the ele guide on dulfy. Its probably the most comprehensive guide you will find.