PvE: Please fix Bone Minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Currently in PvE, critical hits define power builds. Consequently, Bone Minions are completely useless.

Bone Minions deal low damage, and they are incredibly fragile. By design, the supposed payoff to using Bone Minions is that if they can reach a foe in the first place, you are rewarded by blowing them up for massive damage.

Currently, this is NOT the case In PvE. Their inability to deal critical damage essentially makes them broken in the PvE game mode.

Here’s my proposal: Have the crit % scale off the Necromancer’s critical chance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Currently in PvE, critical hits define power builds. Consequently, Bone Minions are completely useless.

Bone Minions deal low damage, and they are incredibly fragile. By design, the supposed payoff to using Bone Minions is that if they can reach a foe in the first place, you are rewarded by blowing them up for massive damage.

Currently, this is NOT the case In PvE. Their inability to deal critical damage essentially makes them broken in the PvE game mode.

Here’s my proposal: Have the crit % scale off the Necromancer’s critical chance.

If they made them .5 second casts (Like turrets) and the EXPLOSION (I don’t really suggest all minion bases) scaled with stats, that’d probably fix their viability in pve a bit and maybe PVE as a side-utility in some cases.

But they also need to fix the kitten 3 second delay before the blast finisher works…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Not every class needs to build crit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Agree. Putrid explosion should use the players stats.

In addition to that i would like the blast location to change to blast on your target and when you have no target it should blast on the players location. Basically change putrid explosion to work the same way as arcane brilliance. Doing this will allow us to more reliably use the blast finisher in small fields like black powder.

Or just make it always blast on the necros location and add a new tooltip and visual effect to make it aesthetically correct. Another solution is to make putrid explosion ground targeted. Which would mean one of the bone minions would run to that location and then detonate.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

This skill could’ve been SO cool, had they simply done the fixes mentioned above ^

Personally, I’m actually quite let down by the skill, considering it was one of the ones hyped by the reveal trailer, and all we got was something putrid…

in Necromancer

Posted by: MonkeyButtFace.4862

MonkeyButtFace.4862

Ground targeted minion bombs. I like it.

Katinne Graveborn, TC Necromancer
RPer, PvPer, WvWer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i like the idea of ground targeted explosion