[PvP] Condi Build Runes-Max Cheese?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Q:

Lets talk about runes for condi reaper, considering its the only glimmer of viability left in the reaper elite spec since its sustain got nerfed into the ground.

So considering carrion is likely the best amulet since crit procs are kitten and vitality gives us more death shroud and insurance against burst, what runeset should we use?

The best choice in my opinion:

Grenth: Condi damage and chill duration, a very synergistic choice with the whole deathly chill concept of these sorts of builds.

Aristocracy: Many top tier players are dropping curses in favor of spite to abuse signets and chill of death procs (rip build diversity). This rune gives us condi damage and might duration, being very synergistic with those types of builds.

Scavenging: Leeching procs and highest condi damage stat with carrion due to the 7% vitality to condi damage bonus.

Nightmare: Random Proc fear cheese.

Now lets also talk traits and utilties. We can use either, or some combination of signets, corruptions, shouts, spectral armor/walk, or flesh wurm to run a viable condi build. What combination do you guys like the most?

Personally, while signets seems really cheesey, and therefore really strong, master of corruption with CC, CB, and Plague offers good sustain and spike pressure, while SA helps sustain and plague signet is good on any build. Also Chilled the Bone and Rise and Your soul is mine are shouts that could be potentially useful for sustain and damage with augury.

Let me know your best and cheesiest condi ideas, because lets face it, as reapers, our best way to face the new meta is to be the cheesy chilling antimeta 1v1 hero that is a condi reaper build.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I’m must be a complete hipster or a dumb kitten, but I’m currently using rabid with krait runes and curses and kicking some serious kitten …

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Perplexity, because ya know…
Grenth because with spite line you can keep 100% chill uptime, which means vulnerability and extra critical chance.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

Oh yeah, I totally think rabid can still work, its just I generally prefer to have higher vitality than toughness, which helps me during those rare moments my teammates can heal me when I’m out of shroud xD!

On a side-note, I wish some of the new condi amulets weren’t total kitten. Maybe wanderer’s with aristocracy could work when expertise gets fixed for pvp.

Some people have been running rabid spite/curses for maximum cheese, but the sustain just isn;t there without soul marks and vital persistance, so 4/10 I’d reccomend that setup.

And Donee, while I’d love to cheese people with perplexity, grouch has decided that for the health of the pvp forum QQ, we won’t be able to use it in spvp (as I’m sure you know, just saying it hear for general knowledge for others).

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

I think the key is to not level up to high. Power still works in lower brackets. lol

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

I think the key is to not level up to high. Power still works in lower brackets. lol

Then how do you deal with people who are lactose intolerant of you don’t bring enough cheese? Cheese wins tournaments my friend.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

If I was to run full condi it would be something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAbWjc0QnNWbDm3A/NWKGs4e4QMJS9EmC3qoAw3qAA-TJhHwAh2fAwTA4YZgAHCAA

I’m far from pro but meh thats what I got. Im still messing around with some of the hybrid amulets atm, cant wait until gw2skills gets updated.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Oh yeah, I totally think rabid can still work, its just I generally prefer to have higher vitality than toughness, which helps me during those rare moments my teammates can heal me when I’m out of shroud xD!

On a side-note, I wish some of the new condi amulets weren’t total kitten. Maybe wanderer’s with aristocracy could work when expertise gets fixed for pvp.

Some people have been running rabid spite/curses for maximum cheese, but the sustain just isn;t there without soul marks and vital persistance, so 4/10 I’d reccomend that setup.

And Donee, while I’d love to cheese people with perplexity, grouch has decided that for the health of the pvp forum QQ, we won’t be able to use it in spvp (as I’m sure you know, just saying it hear for general knowledge for others).

Aw kitten it, i didn’t notice it was Spvp thing. So yeah, definitely Grenth runes or nightmares. Still think grenth is better.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I also use Krait runes with carrion amu for condi pvp (curse/spite/soulr). I dont use signets tho (or reaper), tried all other runes you also mentioned and krait seems to offer the most.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

I’ve been running cele spite reaper w/ arist – never took BB so I didn’t feel a change.
I’ve also been running focus off hand mostly due to Revs giving out boons like candy corn, more power/condi damage and boon rip, of course I loose the utility of the warhorn but I can’t say I’m missing it yet. I haven’t a clue what “bracket” I’m in, all I know is that I’ve been kicking kitten .

If you’re using condi spite then Arist runes are a must, there is no question about it.
For anything else it’s Grenth, well you could go balthazar for dhum but I haven’t tested that out, not sure if it would be worth it.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Do not agree condi is where we should be going. Not at all. I’ve also been able to make a full melee reaper work in pvp. Signets blow corruption out of the water. Shouts signets with curses seems to be the best combo for me with either valkyrie or cele.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

CPC is my absolute go to ability currently.

I tend to open engagements by dropping it on a team fight or on myself directly. 8s of projectile destruction is worth it long before we factor in the 9k poison damage or weakness.

SoS or CB to burst condi, then follow up with sceptre 3 for absurd torment stacks.

Rune wise, Nightmare or Krait. Tried Grenth for a while but missed the cond duration of Nightmare and the hilarious ult buff of Krait.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

Do not agree condi is where we should be going. Not at all. I’ve also been able to make a full melee reaper work in pvp. Signets blow corruption out of the water. Shouts signets with curses seems to be the best combo for me with either valkyrie or cele.

For me it depends on my team composition. My current teammates like to run glassy S/p daredevil, trap DH, cele scrapper and/or power chronomancer, and one multiclasser. Sometimes we have a D/D ele instead of the dragonhunter, so when I play reaper I play the build that goes best with our comp. if we have enough bruisers I’ll go condi for the damage and aids, but if not I’ll run either soldier shouts or crusader shouts with GS and just tank the node, or alternatively switch to tempest as well.

Noscoc has opted to use carrion signets now, but I do feel as though an MoC build in curses would provided better sustain and similar utility, it’s just the light and free chill prof that you’d miss, but I’d love to hear more about your builds! And yeah condi reaper works because RS just works better for condi than base shroud ever could due to stability and better skills that apply condis AoE.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

For me it depends on my team composition. My current teammates like to run glassy S/p daredevil, trap DH, cele scrapper and/or power chronomancer, and one multiclasser. Sometimes we have a D/D ele instead of the dragonhunter, so when I play reaper I play the build that goes best with our comp. if we have enough bruisers I’ll go condi for the damage and aids, but if not I’ll run either soldier shouts or crusader shouts with GS and just tank the node, or alternatively switch to tempest as well.

Noscoc has opted to use carrion signets now, but I do feel as though an MoC build in curses would provided better sustain and similar utility, it’s just the light and free chill prof that you’d miss, but I’d love to hear more about your builds! And yeah condi reaper works because RS just works better for condi than base shroud ever could due to stability and better skills that apply condis AoE.

How does corruption offer more sustain that signets?

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

20 second cooldown on one of the best heals in the game and 120 second cooldown on plague. I mean this setup would ideally still have plague signet to take on the self condis better, and still be able to spike people with corrupt boon.

Signets feel a lot glassier, but I’m rolling with spite signet instead of locust for max cheese, so that’s probably why.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

20 second cooldown on one of the best heals in the game and 120 second cooldown on plague. I mean this setup would ideally still have plague signet to take on the self condis better, and still be able to spike people with corrupt boon.

Signets feel a lot glassier, but I’m rolling with spite signet instead of locust for max cheese, so that’s probably why.

I’m using the heal shout and rise with sol and ps. Unless I take blood magic I’ve found using plague can hurt my sustain sometimes. I haven’t used CC for a long time now, I’m just done with it. But it would be quite easy for me to just swap poc for MoC for and tale cc and plague, but I would still take signets and still take rise sol and ps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

Perplexity all day long.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Perplexity all day long.

Perplexity is not available in competitive PvP.