[PvP] Condi or Power?

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’m currently diddling around in unranked trying to get used to necro. I’m finding sceptre/focus condition damage build fun, but my guild says power necro with daggers is the best way to play them in pvp?

What are the advantages of each one?

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

Depends on your playstyle. If you like being a bit glassy but doing quick huge amounts of damage go power. If you like to be more tanky and pressure alot of people on point go condi. Try to use a power d/d + staff build or a condi staff + scepter/dagger build. Focus and Axe aren t rly good atm.

You can find the builds at metabattle.com and if you want to be more tanky with power necro you can go knight amulet (I guess).

I suggest playing condi,because of the on point condi pressure. It’s good aswell for cleaving downed bodies with your AOE skills.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Condi is stronger but power is good enough to be viable if you enjoy it more.

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

If you want condi 0/6/4/0/4 carrion scepter dagger frailty energy sigils staff geomancy energy sigils. Utils are corrupt boon, flesh wurm, spectral walk. CC is your heal, plague form is elite. Nightmare runes.

If you want power 4/4/0/0/6 is my favorite for power d/w air fire sigils, staff energy generosity sigils zerk utilities well of power spectral armor spectral walk. CC is your heal lich is your elite. Runes of the pack

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Condi is stronger but power is good enough to be viable if you enjoy it more.

This sums it up pretty well. I would check metabattle.com for more info on the specs.

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kwstyle.9148

kwstyle.9148

It depends on what you like to play. If you play for fun go with the build that you enjoy the most

But if you plan to play with your guildies and want to be competitive then you need to talk with your teammates to see what build is good as a team aspect. Sometimes you will be useless if you fight a specific class that completely counters the build you are using in that case you can always ask for a rotation or someone else to fill in your task during the pvp match. (for example they ask you to stay close but the one from the enemy that always goes close counters you very hard with his build then you can ask to switch things up in team chat or Teamspeak).

Making GW2 videos on YouTube.com/VGRyusai and Streaming on Twitch.tv/VGRyusai

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

If you want condi 0/6/4/0/4 carrion scepter dagger frailty energy sigils staff geomancy energy sigils. Utils are corrupt boon, flesh wurm, spectral walk. CC is your heal, plague form is elite. Nightmare runes.

If you want power 4/4/0/0/6 is my favorite for power d/w air fire sigils, staff energy generosity sigils zerk utilities well of power spectral armor spectral walk. CC is your heal lich is your elite. Runes of the pack

Been trying out necro again after a year of maining ranger. I’ve been trying something like your second spec (except 0/3/5/0/6 for more defense) but I keep finding that I get swarmed and barely time to get any momentum often. Very different from melee ranger with lots of evade options.

What are some tricks you use to keep everyone off your back? I just feel like I get swarmed constantly, although its getting better with more familiarity. Also I recall some necros that seem to be able to stand there and just take a beating, cant seem to come up with a spec like that, even with 2100 toughness.

Also, does dark armor do anything?? I try channelling but tough never seems to go up!

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

Been trying out necro again after a year of maining ranger. I’ve been trying something like your second spec (except 0/3/5/0/6 for more defense) but I keep finding that I get swarmed and barely time to get any momentum often. Very different from melee ranger with lots of evade options.

What are some tricks you use to keep everyone off your back? I just feel like I get swarmed constantly, although its getting better with more familiarity. Also I recall some necros that seem to be able to stand there and just take a beating, cant seem to come up with a spec like that, even with 2100 toughness.

Also, does dark armor do anything?? I try channelling but tough never seems to go up!

Dark armor works just doesn’t show on the stats for some reason.

My build isn’t a tanky build, it’s a damage berserker pvp build that relies on air fire sigils with dagger warhorn for most of its damage and lf regen, while using ds as a defensive mechanic that can keep offensive pressure, and can maintain ds for a long period of time due to spectrals. WoP is because I opted for warhorn instead of dagger so not only can I deal with condis better but I’m usually licking my chops when someone condi bombs me. I guess it’s tanky for a zerker build but it’s really a damage build.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I felt that condi necro might be a bit stronger but it requires a better (communicative) team to shine in. Power necro might be a bit better/more straightforward if you want to pvp by your own.

[PvP] Condi or Power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Condi fits current meta better.

If we shift to more bursty/squishy meta, Power Necro could be better.

Wellmancer is fairly average on any meta unless you build your team around it.

Also, Well=/=Power Necro.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144