PvP Necro Build?

PvP Necro Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iridi.8473

Iridi.8473

I recently hit level 80 and im interested in doing some PvP. I dont know much about pvp builds so i was wondering what are some current popular strong builds? Im not referring to structured pvp, but more like roaming pvp in WvW where ill find myself in a 1v1 scenario. So i guess im looking for a strong 1v1 build. If someone could help me out that would be great.

Also, as far as stats go, what should i be focusing on? I assume its dependent on the build.

Necromancer is the worst class hands down. Wake up Anet.

(edited by Iridi.8473)

PvP Necro Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

30/20/0/0/20 Conditions, Dire armor with scavenger runes. This is a great 1v1 build because a lot of builds out there cannot deal enough damage to you before you can melt them down with conditions and fear CC. Basically warriors are the only tough fight here, and sometimes mesmers.

30/10/0/0/30 Power, Berserker armor with ruby orbs or scholar runes. This build is pretty good 1v1 because it just puts out so much damage. Your defense is basically pressuring your enemy and forcing them to play defensive. The counters to this build are enemies who are built with some defense, and know how to CC you and punish you for being squishy.

There is also the option of playing power with more balanced stats. Usually this means working high armor into your stat layout. You can go with pure soldiers and forego crit chance altogether, or you can go with Knights. There is no one best build for this playstyle.

20/0/20/30/0 or 20/0/30/20/0 Minion Master. These builds are amazing 1v1 builds but start to lose their potency the more enemies you are fighting, and the faster they kill your minions. You have high self healing, and decent options for control at your disposal. 30 in Death punishes enemies for killing your minions, whereas 30 in Blood grants you a very powerful condition removal.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

PvP Necro Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ebs.6280

Ebs.6280

Can you go into more detail about these builds? Like what mayor traits do you use?

PvP Necro Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

Can you go into more detail about these builds? Like what mayor traits do you use?

Since there hasn’t been a reply yet, here’s the versions of each 3 I usually run.

30/20/0/0/20 Condi
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQJArYjMa96Fbib87JEoH9CuAiRKOmghSB8kOA
Applies strong condi, fears do damage and Plague blind spam is insanely strong in team fights. You can change the #7, I’ve been running with the more slippery utilities since people are starting to realize more to tunnel these builds first and the mobility and juking can be somewhat surprising to see from a Necro combined with the CC – a bit of a personal touch. Use Flesh Golem if you’re playstyle is smaller fight roaming instead of winning big team fights and snowballing, it’s basically another (uncleansable) Condi that spams cripple and has a knockdown.

30/10/0/0/30 Power
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAndWjMaV6ZaibM8JEoH5St4MRFGGqHrD68hA-TMADLWfMhA
(edited a little)
A thing in particular to note is that this build has very strong Deathshroud and Lich ranged damage that hits for several thousand along with the axe2 hitting for 5.5-5.8k in SPvP. Feel free to deviate from the well version. If you aren’t using Deathshroud for raw nuking, at least flash it for Fury.

Another aspect of this build is the wells. They put a lot of pressure on anyone sitting on objectives. Bunkers are usually durable because of good boon application (and often AoE boons), so punishing boons and applying vulnerability to anyone chilling on point combined with strong ranged nuking makes this build very good at pressuring (and allowing your team to take) objectives.

20/0/20/30/0 or 20/0/30/20/0.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBIhZakQrbvWzVjePBIpIaqnUwN4QKAQaA
Either build is essentially a 20/0/20/20/0+10. It excels at 1v1, 1v2 and 2v2 fights. I run this with Soldier amulet for home bunker. It has a combination of strong raw body(bodies?), high sustained damage, good sustain and even a CC-chain featuring a lot of immobility! It’s very strong, feel free to run Rock Dog for even more presence. Weak team fight though. The Dagger mainhand is very essential here since the thing packs so much of a punch, it alone sustains nearly twice as much damage as a SPvP Zerker Thief’s dagger1 autos. With the minions helping, using the Warhorn4 feels very comfortable to use and Warhorn5 is as strong as always and it even procs Siphons on AoE. I haven’t been overly impressed with the Bone Minions so I run Spectral Wall to help fight debunkers.

This build is also incredibly strong if paired with a Spirit Ranger.

(edited by OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730)

PvP Necro Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kira.2903

Kira.2903

I am using this build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBLhZakRrYvbTcjePhA9oXwFQMSxxEMUKgn0B-j0BBohCik3AUHRMFtIasl1FRjVdDTHjIqWKgFVWB-w
It has the same traits as others named bur with a few modification.
It is the best build I ever used, it is so powerful it really deserve a nerf but really fun to use in 1v1/1v2 situations.
Notice that fear wont trigger the runes, only golem and horn 4. Ofc you can take any other rune, I use them mostly for the 3 stack effect and not the interrupt.
If played right the only possible class that can kill you are engis and warriors, engis with there condi immunity trait and tanky stance warriors.
This is only for WvW tho, for playing sPvP I use a 0,30,10,0,30 build.

S P E L L B O U N D —~--Mesmer —~--Human lvl 80
S P E L L B O R N —~--Necro —~--Sylvari lvl 80
I Kira I —~--Ele —~--Sylvari lvl 80