[PvP] Necromancer Diversity Dilemma

in Necromancer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hi there people, been experimenting/ theorycrfating necro builds in pvp a lot.

One thing struck me for sure,

Is it just me or Soul Reaping is mandatory in pvp?

It kinda limits the choices specially if you wanna go reaper so literally you only have 1 traitline to choose from.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Depends on what you’re trying to do. I use soul reaping, but I could see how other builds could work.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I am pretty sure mm builds dont need soul reaping. For the rest not so much. The thing with necromancer/reaper is that utilitsing our shroud is mandatory in pvp for almost all builds and soul reaping just happens to be the best traitline for complimenting that kind of play style.

I think for pve you dont need soul reaping but then again our shroud isnt as important in pve as it is in pvp.

in Necromancer

StickerHappy.8052

Depends on what you’re trying to do. I use soul reaping, but I could see how other builds could work.

Like what builds?

this is like organized 5v5 pvp, not solo q btw.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alhadin.4032

Alhadin.4032

Shhhhhhh be quiet, or anet nerf our only one usefull traitline :-))

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i think necro is actually in a far better state for diversity than any other class,

you can play MM, you can play condi, you can play power, you can play terrormancer.

i even do surprisingly well as a vanilla d/w wellomancer using blood/spite/soulreaping!
melts things really fast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

lack of diversity is not exclusive to necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

i think necro is actually in a far better state for diversity than any other class,

you can play MM, you can play condi, you can play power, you can play terrormancer.

i even do surprisingly well as a vanilla d/w wellomancer using blood/spite/soulreaping!

you can play MM or power necro in low level PvP but you can play lot of cheese build on every class there…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

you can play MM or power necro in low level PvP but you can play lot of cheese build on every class there…

Power necro is actually a very good choice for soloQ when ranked starts next week. And will carry to high levels I’m sure.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

go lifesteal MM bunker in PVP and watch the rev/theif/guard/war/mes/ranger/necro scratch their head on how to kill you…. even 2v1. But watch out for engi/ele as their sustain>necro mm builds.

Reaper/Death/blood, run rise/wurm/XX utility. Consume if opponents are condi heavy, shout if not. Elite is chilled or lich (lich + MM combo is insane. well over 3k toughness if traited)

i use D/W & A/D (staff is useless unless u run SR) for weapons, to lazy to lay out all the trait lines but give it a go! Season 1 bunker builds are slowly comming back since the power creep. Condi is loosing its viability in soloQ since thieves/revs are too strong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

actually condi reaper will no match MM and power necro, the first one because he has enought AoE to deal with pet quickly before switching to the MM, the second one just by kiting and perma weakness him.

Condi necro is a real threat for rev in team fight, sure you don’t want to fight rev or thief in 1v1 but as a necro you need to focus on teamfight anyway.

(edited by Silverthorn.8576)

in Necromancer

StickerHappy.8052

lack of diversity is not exclusive to necromancer

Oh yes,

Inspiration for mesmer, discipline for warrior, etc.