PvP Wells build

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Hey guys.
1 week into the new PvP season, got myself into top 250 with this build.
Just want to share and see if there is any way to refine it.
I seldom PvP so I’m not sure if there are better sigils or runes that I could use.
Still experimenting with the sigils and would love any advise.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhZ6kjGo2GsmGwnGgeTssMYTzgAwLgaIcESVxxwb4OE-TpxHQB+7IAYsyAK7QAEwHAAAOBAnY/BA

Attachments:

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

wh-.. what’s the goal behind this build?
because it doesn’t deal damage. I can tell you that…
it’s boon corruption is really weak, and the staff is so absurdly out of place.

It also looks like you put on soul reaping just to trait the staff marks??
My guy, this is.. this is abysmal. In terms of survivability you can do MUCH better on necro. Even then, you don’t play necro for its survivability (ironically).

Your area of denial; the strongest aspect of wells… is very weak because knight’s makes them absolutely toothless.

But before I just thrash this build further. (I respect the fact you say you rarely pvp)
Tell me what your goal is and I’ll assist you where I can in performing that goal— regardless of if it’s meta or not.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Obviously NA …

Your community lacks playerbase and skill-level.

Please don’t play this in EU!

In EU the Top 250 starts at 1600 at the moment and I am pretty sure no one of these 250 players can afford to run Bunker Reaper.

At your 1500 rating you would be somewhere between rank 500 and 800 – theoretically. Practically with this build in EU you would not even have achieved that 1500 score.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

In terms of survivability you can do MUCH better on necro.

Could you elaborate on that?
He already has Blighter’s Boon, Vamp traits, all defensive Soul Reaping traits except for Death Perception, a knight amulet and Melandru runes. I know you theoretically could improve survivability here and there a little, but “MUCH better”, really?

In EU the Top 250 starts at 1600 at the moment and I am pretty sure no one of these 250 players can afford to run Bunker Reaper.

The mmr range of the top 250 doesn’t mean anything. There are a lot of players with higher mmr that aren’t ranked because they haven’t played enough games.

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jugnificent.2061

Jugnificent.2061

This is the build that I use and have had some success with (currently middle of plat2 and finished there last season as well):
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kkGolGsmGwnGgeTsgLYQXtAQLI+K2FDjTZhmQVA-TZRRABj/AAAY/BnLDQ6pAo7jAAA

The big difference is I run spite instead of soul reaping, and (usually) great sword instead of staff (while staff utility is nice, the damage is terrible). I also run well of blood instead of consume conditions so I gain its protection, plus another way to benefit from ritual of blood. If I think I’m facing a condi heavy team I will sometimes swap to offhand dagger in place of GS (keeping axe main) and plague signet in place of well of suffering.

Floopster
Tarnished Coast

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

snip

I like this. I like it quite a lot.
A few things I disagree with, but honestly very solid overall.

My own build is very offensive when it comes to wells.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhF6kjGolGsnGwmGgeTsgLYxXxtYYcqI0EqCQtpAwBA-TpxHQBJ8BAQwjAAAOBAD8QAUu9HuWZAA

I am hovering between high gold and low plat with it. It’s ofc highly vulnerable to cc, but what necro build isn’t?

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

Thanks for all the candid replies lol…I don’t think my build is…that bad…
Although admittedly its only my 2nd PvP season since the seasons format started, so I guess I wouldn’t know better, but I got into Plat 2 with the tank build =/

Rank 169 now…

Edit: I thought I would just add that I decided on the tank build because I don’t really know how to rotate, kite well, when to leave the point, when to stay, etc. I’m a total noob in this area, and my reactions are usually slow, so I figured I would just stay on point and survive as long as possible =/

Attachments:

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ceejay.2517

ceejay.2517

The build itself isnt THAT bad. Its more it doesnt really fulfill a role in the current meta. Unfortunately necro does not have the team support/heals to compete with other node holders, and that is the issue at play here. Sure you may be able to survive, but can you offer iutility and deal ok damage- not as well as ele/engi. And running a tankier build obviously reduces your damage output. That said, the quality of most PvP necros is pretty low so there is something to be said about not instadying in the first team fight xD

I like the idea of a tankier necro but IMO you would be more useful to your team committing to damage. Going more mainstream with a selectio of damage amulet, Reaper’s Onslaught, or Chronomancer Rune would give you a pretty standard and solid power necro build. If your feeling brave you could even take the well heal and try your hand at being a rezbot.

As for staff being out of place. That makes little sense to me, staff cant be out of place on a PvP build. The fear, chill, transfer, 1200 range and LF generation means it will always be useful.

Psyyy | PvP Necro |

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

If you want to survive on a necromancer what you need to rely on is life siphon and blinds.
You need to build and spend LF very wisely.
Your shroud IS a second lifebar; treat it like one. Protect it. Never let it go empty.
You’re dead with zero death shroud, just as much as you’re dead with zero hp.

I’ll upload one of my dinky plat games if anyone is interested in seeing how I play a somewhat “survivalist” necromancer? I doubt anyone is though so I won’t bother.

Also, greatsword IS your utility weapon with power builds. Staff is very weak on power, bordering useless imo.
Maybe I’m an odd-man-out for saying it. But the pulls, blind and corruption field, high cleave and chill aa chain makes for solid utility imo.
The hefty clunking damage is a nice bonus.
You should use the GS3 to spike LF by cleaving in teamfights (if possible).

You don’t need good reactions to be decent in pvp. You just need to know the “tells”
For example: when a ranger hits you with point blank the next thing to come is practically -always- rapid fire. The response should be for you to flash shroud, RS2 in their direction to eat the RF, then walk at them and make them regret challenging you.

But try to avoid high tanking statsets.
Seriously.. it’s such a MASSIVE hinderance when it comes to teamfights. Sure you live longer, but what do you accomplish with your longer life?

+TL;DR OF HOW TO SURVIVE+
Stall. You stall for deathshroud, use deathshroud to stall for your heal skill, use any form of stability or quickness or just cc to get off your heal skill, use life siphons and blighters boon and anything else to just… stall. And with wells and a greatsword? Cleave
Stall and cleave.

(edited by Murdock.6547)

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malpractis.3024

Malpractis.3024

Hey Murdock I’d love to see that video!

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: FinalJustice.5824

FinalJustice.5824

I wanna see that too!

Also, I kinda wanna make a well necro to see how it does now :p

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

Since I’m putting up a video, I may as well shamelessly plug my awful channel.
Feel free to view it and all the other low-quality kitten posts I put up whenever I get the urge to do so.

Attachments:

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Duuuuude. First you trash Eremite’s build but then you use action cam? That’s a worse handicap than a bad build.

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

Duuuuude. First you trash Eremite’s build but then you use action cam? That’s a worse handicap than a bad build.

That’s what you’ll burn me over?
Not my sloppy play towards the end that gets me killed?
My use of dagger+wh/greatsword?
Not my spam of wells basically off cooldown?
The fact that I’m playing necro as a pseudobunker with boons (somehow)?
Not going to try and discredit the gameplay as my opponents being bad?
Not going to say it was all luck?
Not going to insult my taste in music?
Not going to insult my choppy video?

Attachments:

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

It’s always good to see necros make a good use of DH’s traps, GS it’s very good with his pull and necros in general with fear.

Sadly in the end the match didn’t go well

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

I thought it went fantastically! it was painfully close for almost the entire duration and—
oh…
you sly little…

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

Murdock.6547

Okay. But to bring the thread back on topic.
I’ve made a few… minor? … edits to the OP’s build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kjGo2GsmGwnGgeTsgLYxXxtYYEqNFAOATZhTQVA-TZxHQBA4EA8tDBQ9KDkwnAQ52fAA

Soul reaping is useless in this build, imo. Spite gives you more survivability, damage, and boon corruption through the first minor trait, spinal shivers, and the grandmaster (the retal applies after you go into shroud, meaning you get a burst of healing if you hit multiple foes.)
greatsword is too good now. it was decent before, but it’s genuinely good now after the soul eater change. passive lf and hp regen? sign me up. sigil of agility because quickness is insanely strong for getting off heal skills or clutch gravediggers.
chronomancy runes for the same reason. think of quickness as a dual purpose buff; you use it offensively AND defensively.
Faster wells, faster blind fields, faster heal skills, faster elites.
It’s insanely good on necro and any access you can get is 10/10

you can of course change it to even better suit your playstyle. but you need to keep trait and weapon synergies in mind. and remember, that even though your damage is low, you are a power build.

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions.
I tried going the Chrono runes and amulets with more damage.
Also tried a very nice wells-build shared to me by the current season’s top Necro in EU!
Unfortunately I’m not as skilled as he is and am still stuck around high Plat 1 and low Plat 2 with his build.

In the end I settled for a build that is a mix of everyone’s suggestion lol…

PvP Wells build

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7kkGocTsnGwmGgeTssMYUDhjQqK+FeD3hTzgAwLA-TpxHQBK7CAEwjAAAOIAlb/BjVGwfPAAA

Current build I’m using, mixing everyone’s suggestion.
Won me the last 8 matches out of 10 and propelled me back into Plat 2 after I dropped out of it experimenting with different builds.

Attachments: