[PvP]What drops reapers out of shroud?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tyeme.6589

Tyeme.6589

Besides being moa’d, what causes shroud to drop? I pop shroud and am often being dropped out of it (full shroud) in PvP matches. So, I was wondering what is causing this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

F1

in Necromancer

Tyeme.6589

Funny guy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Funny guy.

Actually true, either moa or you missclicked F1

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well there are 3 things that will drop you out of shroud:
1.: You manually leave it by pressing f1 (or whatever key you bind it to)
2.: You run out of Lifeforce
3.: You lose you f skills which usually only happen during transformations (e.g. getting moa’d)

Going back to you problem maybe you double click shroud due lag etc. or you have unholy sanctuary and active shroud the same time the trait procs (this happens suprisingly often if you are not used to it).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

I’ve had something like this happen to me. Been in shroud for a little bit just auto attacking or pressing skills and then I’ll just be kicked out of shroud, no transformations or anything in PvE. Usually I have around half life force, more than enough to keep going. I’ve noticed it happening in the Uncategorized fractal. There was no chance of me pressing F1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

As far as i am aware the 3 things i mentioned are the only ways that drop shroud. Well maybe it is a bug, but if it is one i never encountered it.

in Necromancer

Tyeme.6589

Ok, thx. I thought I might be missing something. Only happens when I’m in a fight in WvW or PvP so I’m going to assume this is some sort of hack like the millions of other hacks people use.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Youre 99% missclicking. Probably lag or youre just panicking or defect button. Unholy sanctuary + a squishy build you can easily take a 10k burst and reflex activate shroud while the natural death proc already hapened – thus you exit with 130hp and instadie.

In wvw zergs you could take 30-40k dmg in 1 second, in PVP its impossible (full shroud like u said).

Its either engie or mesmer moa and its common tactic to moa a necro when he enters shroud.

Afaik theres only teleport,underground or invisible hackers in WvW. A 100 million dmg hacker in PVP is unheard of.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lexan.5930

Lexan.5930

I have noticed that the freeze ability of the son of svanir boss in the frozen fractal pops you out of shroud instead of freezing you.

As for pvp, donno, necro feel like …. bent right now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

You can be burst out of Shroud so it may appear something other than running out of LF kicked you out.

Inadvertent double clicking can often be fixed by changing the hardware used for F1. Buttons do wear out and mechanical switches offer more travel to help control twitching.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

I’ve had this happen a few times. I’ll go into shroud and be using skills, get a couple hits in and suddenly be out of shroud with 70% shroud left. Usually happens in big fights so I just figured it was something to do with lag and interrupts or similar.