[PvP] Would Appreciate Power Necro Tips!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Hey guys, I’m Griften.

I mostly play ranger/warr/mesmer, and I just started maining my very own zerkomancer ;)
Using the common 6/2/0/0/6 spec, although I took “Wrathful Spirit” instead of “Reaper’s Might”, and “Focused Rituals” instead of “Weakning Shroud”.
Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAoYWjc00Sb5N+1whbCchC6DIAahouAqbj04ZB-TZBFwACOEAy3fYxTAoaZAAnAAA

I would realy appreciate your opinion about how I can improve the build, and wether my changes are bad or not (I consider them gameplay preferences).

And moreso, I would appreciate gameplay tips, tricks, combos and the like. This is my highest priortiy in this thread.

Thanks,
Griffy :)

Griften

in Necromancer

Posted by: phoenix.3465

phoenix.3465

You should really get unyielding blast in there. With the right positioning the piercing is so powerful! Also, why not well of corruption instead of corrupt boon?

in Necromancer

DanSH.6143

Well I can’t realy give up on anything to take Unyielding Blast. The ones I use are pretty mandatory imo.
Corrupt Boon is just too good to not take, burst corruption is so useful in this meta.
Well of Corruption could be added for extra pressure but I don’t want to take more than 1 well at a time.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Griften

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I played power nec for almost whole last year. What ur trying didnt work in my experience.

You either go all-in aoe burst, with double wells. There u play like a helseth with axe or scepter +staff at range. You wanna be in teamfights but ur teammates must cover u hard and u need to kite a lot

Or you take leetos variant. Its a more allround and survivable spec, there u want to be in favorable 1v1 and 2-3v3 max.

Taking 1 targetable well and 1 stunbreak just never worked for me, on any weaponset i tryed, but it always came down to those 2 builds.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Hey there you came to the right place!
You should definately check out out my powermancer videos, they include what you’re asking for.

Here is a build/combo/gameplay video with some tips:
http://youtu.be/OnLKuILB5mc

I have tons of other powermancer videos so be sure to check out my channel, hope it helps

Ps. You should consider taking reapers precision (33% on crit for 1% LF) because with death perception and berzerker amulet it provides great LF regen.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If you’re on EU, I could show you couple things.

I’ve been playing Power Necro for 1,5 year now, about 7 months with my current spec.

That’s said, I have fairly different playstyle and choices than most Power Necros I see and I don’t use any wells unless I absoultely have to.

It’s hard task giving you “tips” when I don’t know the specifics, so contact me in-game if you like. On-line usually around 10 pm – 1 am UTC.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Soul marks can go for unyielding blast. Realistically staff is not much more than a quick support or just a way to harass while you close your distance. Staff shouldn’t be more than like 10% of your time, the rest is all dagger and DS. You may disagree, but the next time you’re fighting a spirit ranger or a turret engineer and you can’t land a hit, you’ll wish you had it. Plus it helps cleave downed and can land more hits with good positioning.

Next I would ditch off hand dagger for warhorn. If you’re running glass, your options are to pretty much overpower people or lose, I’ve found that a blind and some weakness aren’t difference makers, but the damage, CC and life force from warhorn is.

You have almost no defense without life force, so that should drive a lot of your decisions, like wurm vs spectral armor, for example.

Also you should watch Holl’s videos.

in Necromancer

DanSH.6143

Thank you all for replying!

Flumek – I feel that with 2 wells I’m too easy to hardcounter, and that with no wells I’m lacking in AoE dos.

Holl – Thanks! That video was realy helpful, learned some new tricks

Rym – That will be GREAT! Exactly what I’m looking for, I’ll contact you in game as soon as I have the time.

Roe – You have a point there, although I have a hard time generating LF without Soul Marks.
That’s just my gameplay style I guess..

Again, thanks for taking your time to help

Griften

in Necromancer

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Idk how the typical power necro is ran but for me I use DS for almost 80% of my time and use dagger/dagger with axe/focus (sometimes warhorn) for utility. I also don’t go anywhere near the first 2 trait lines and focus entirely on staying in DS and making sure life blast is buffed up well. Both in groups or in solo it is quite threatening unless against heavy cc or heavy blinds and projectile reflects/blocks since I hit somewhat slow.

Also I would use flesh golem over lich. Not only is lich a big suicide button in most cases, it’s a really long cooldown compared to a (potential) 40 second knockdown which pierces. So many uses for such a skill from combos to stopping a rally, etc.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Necromancer

DanSH.6143

Idk how the typical power necro is ran but for me I use DS for almost 80% of my time and use dagger/dagger with axe/focus (sometimes warhorn) for utility. I also don’t go anywhere near the first 2 trait lines and focus entirely on staying in DS and making sure life blast is buffed up well. Both in groups or in solo it is quite threatening unless against heavy cc or heavy blinds and projectile reflects/blocks since I hit somewhat slow.

Also I would use flesh golem over lich. Not only is lich a big suicide button in most cases, it’s a really long cooldown compared to a (potential) 40 second knockdown which pierces. So many uses for such a skill from combos to stopping a rally, etc.

I switch between the three elites according to my team’s and enemy comps.
Lich is useful for surprise 1 shots.
Plagur is useful to stab stomp and to hold a point until help arrives, or just to being able to survive a burst.
Golem is just a reliabe choice due to the low cd, helpful in 1v1, but it wouldn’t determine team fights.

Griften

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Thank you all

Roe – You have a point there, although I have a hard time generating LF without Soul Marks.
That’s just my gameplay style I guess..

Again, thanks for taking your time to help

Soul marks isn’t the worst option for you there, but I would suspect that picking up spectral armor and then the spectral cooldown trait (over soul marks) would net you more life force than soul marks does. I would suspect that you’re hurting for life force because of your dagger offhand and lack of spectrals – or at least, if I made those changes to my build, I would probably lack life force. Maybe it fits your playstyle more, but those would be my recommendations.