Questions about Solo Roaming Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Necro is just slow, so would be good to buy traveler runes and loses tons of condition damage?

And Torment sigil + Earth Sigil, they have different cooldowns or is just myth?

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Necro is just slow, so would be good to buy traveler runes and loses tons of condition damage?

And Torment sigil + Earth Sigil, they have different cooldowns or is just myth?

As of today, earth and torment have seperate cooldowns, meaning they work together. Personally I feel that earth/bursting is still better though, as the proc rate of 30% seems really low.

Traveler runes are okay… but you give up a lot… either confusion on hit, siphoning and extra damage, RNG fear, or lots of might duration from the other popular rune sets. In my personal opinion 25% movement speed isn’t worth that when I can get speed from someone else

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

He said solo. :P

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Imho, Traveler runes are always a good choice for solo roaming.
Unless you’re Thief.. Or Engineer with unfair perma swiftness for free

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Sorry… my reading comprehension is bad.

Don’t solo roam necro.

:)

in Necromancer

Posted by: dominoeffect.4216

dominoeffect.4216

Don’t solo roam necro.

rip solo roaming

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

The best solo roaming necro build is warrior.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

Don’t solo roam necro.

Haha, yeah. Have to sacrifice something for that movement speed. Locust or Traveler’s is a must if running around alone.

I use signet for speed when conditions and traveler’s when I’m power. Tried some solo roaming as power. Not horrible for 1v1s. Good warriors, thieves, and mesmers are difficult. The only people I could beat 1v2 were absolutely horrible.

Conditions with dire is much more forgiving, of course.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Don’t solo roam necro.

Haha, yeah. Have to sacrifice something for that movement speed. Locust or Traveler’s is a must if running around alone.

I use signet for speed when conditions and traveler’s when I’m power. Tried some solo roaming as power. Not horrible for 1v1s. Good warriors, thieves, and mesmers are difficult. The only people I could beat 1v2 were absolutely horrible.

Conditions with dire is much more forgiving, of course.

I have found this to be exactly correct. Solo roaming power is fun but you cant beat the current meta builds of Mesmer, Thief or Warrior and because they make up nearly all roamers you are going to have a rough time. Dire Condi is indeed much easier and far more forgiving, I hope some of the coming balance passes will make Power Necro more viable solo.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I always feel more comfortable running locust as a power necro for some reason…. I just find the loss of a utility slot much easier to stomach in a power build. Unfortunately I have the same results as others… maybe you win a hard 1v1, but the 1v2 fight you win, you could have won with your eyes closed in a condition build.

Hopes for the future right.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I prefer d/d when solo roaming with the 25% movement increase while wielding daggers trait. I understand that’s only personal preference, but it’s just something to keep in mind incase you decide to try it.
Also, the best part about being a solo roaming Necro, the frequency of being attacked by thieves drops significantly :P.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Oozo.7856

I prefer d/d when solo roaming with the 25% movement increase while wielding daggers trait. I understand that’s only personal preference, but it’s just something to keep in mind incase you decide to try it.
Also, the best part about being a solo roaming Necro, the frequency of being attacked by thieves drops significantly :P.

I ran that way before deathly perception was put in. 30 spite and 30 soul reaping is just too good to pass up for power now, IMO. :*(

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Do you mind in share this dual dagger build? I saw a necro yesteday playing something like that and he just “tank” 5 ppl and still got away(okay ppl were bad ofc) but seems fun to try.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Do you mind in share this dual dagger build? I saw a necro yesteday playing something like that and he just “tank” 5 ppl and still got away(okay ppl were bad ofc) but seems fun to try.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Bleeding-Structure-Build/first#post3718729

This is my current roaming build. It’s very sluggish but after someone attacks you once they probably won’t bother you again so you don’t need to be very fast :P.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vQEQRAoY7Yjc00SbtNG1whbCQqAvTP4ectpe4e5oD-zkyAYrBRTRCNRAiKAk9KiGbZrIas6FMdZSVvCyeclVSBExwI-w

This is my more tanky build (the one I had mentioned earlier that uses the d/d movement increase) that’s a bit better suited for zerging due to it’s durability + speed but is also good for roaming even though it lacks a lot of damage.
And before anyone jumps on me for the second one I’m fully aware that I’m using Dolyak Runes, lol. But with that build you can pretty much facetank an atom bomb, believe me. I’ve had 10 + people trying to kill me and still failing with that set-up.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma