Quick Question: Plague Sending

in Necromancer

Posted by: TimHellen.5903

TimHellen.5903

When your conditions meet the threshold (3), your next critical hit will cast Plague Signet on your target.

3 conditions on me or on my target?

Also, if I’m also equipping Plague Signet, if Plague Sending triggers, will Plague Signet start it’s cool down? Or does Plague Sending have it’s own separate cool down?

If it’s separate and independent but same cool down time, doesn’t that mean you can actually have 2 plague signets, one that’s “auto” and one that’s manual?

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

3 condis on you.
The trait has a seperate cd.

If it’s separate and independent but same cool down time, doesn’t that mean you can actually have 2 plague signets, one that’s “auto” and one that’s manual?

Yes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The passive on the Signet helps you acquire conditions faster for Plague Sending but be warned there are PvE areas where the Signet’s passive can be overwhelming. Snagging yourself Burning stacks every few seconds sounds awesome but rarely works out well in long fights.

in Necromancer

TimHellen.5903

3 condis on you.
The trait has a seperate cd.

Yes.

Thank you!

in Necromancer

TimHellen.5903

The passive on the Signet helps you acquire conditions faster for Plague Sending but be warned there are PvE areas where the Signet’s passive can be overwhelming. Snagging yourself Burning stacks every few seconds sounds awesome but rarely works out well in long fights.

It’s for PVP/WVW so it should be fine!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Also, you may think that the passive signet is casted against the enemy who received the crit strike, but its actually casted to the nearest target

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Shroud counts as a weapon swap so you can use Intelligence Sigil (next 3 attacks are guaranteed critical hits) to manipulate the timing of your Plague Sending. This is a nice way to get around having low Precision.

Also, Signets Of Suffering will benefit Plague Sending. Which means you will get Might and corrupt 2 Boons when Plague Sending activates.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Also, you may think that the passive signet is casted against the enemy who received the crit strike, but its actually casted to the nearest target

That’s not true.

Just to clarify…
Plague Sending can only trigger on targets that you actually hit.
There could only ever be some type of conflict when you use aoe skills and critically hit several targets at the same time. In this case the trait/sigil/rune/whatever-on-hit-or-crit-effect will proc on the target that is closest to the center of the aoe skill. So the center of a mark for example, or closest to you if the skill happens to have zero range like Unholy Feast.

(edited by flow.6043)