Quickening Thirst...Read Please.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

My suggestion for it was once that youd gain movement speed if running towards a enemy or ally that has less hp than you, you know since blood is siphoning/wells/support.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Imo, this trait needs to be changed completely. This isn’t a bad suggestion, but its base of just 15% or w/e isn’t competitive in the slightest, there is no reason to want that.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

25% movement speed for an adept trait, just for using a weapon that is viable on the majority of builds would probably be too strong, as it makes locust sig completely redundant, either it needs to be completely trashed as bhawb said, or merged with shorter dagger CD’s or something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Exactly. Unfortunately I don’t think there is anywhere that this can work. 15% isn’t enough to make the trait worthwhile; as that is still vastly lower than any mobile build, and doesn’t stack with anything.

I think it should be axed, or combined with another trait, and make room for another trait. It’s just never used right now, because there is absolutely no reason you would want it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

That 15% recharge reduction on dagger skills looks lonely. Maybe these two should play together.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frigzy.8731

Frigzy.8731

So let me get this straight, even with 2 daggers it’s only 15% and the Locust Signet doesn’t stack with it?

Sounds like crap design if you ask me.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

So let me get this straight, even with 2 daggers it’s only 15% and the Locust Signet doesn’t stack with it?

Sounds like crap design if you ask me.

I believe it’s 25% if you use double dagger, 15% if you’ve got main-hand only. (No boost for off-hand dagger only) To my knowledge movement speed bonuses never stack, the only one used is the strongest one.

It’s iffy as a trait, especially in the face of Signet of the Locust’s existance. But maybe you really need all three utility slots for other things…?

Anyways, it doesn’t seem like a good choice for a trait, which why I think it should be combined with the other dagger trait, so that it’s just a clear “I use daggers” option.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

They could buff it and id still never use it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Yeah, both dagger traits are pretty poor, partly because off hand and main hand dagger are used for completely different play styles (I don’t think any other weapon in the game is like that, correct me if I’m wrong), with an extremely small niche for using dual daggers that is out classed by using another class anyway.

Both traits aren’t worth the slot, the speed one is simply outclassed by locusts sig or swiftness, since you have to be in a particular weapon set to get the boost which just doesn’t cut it.
The shorter CD’s trait will for most necro’s only benefit two skills (and honestly who uses dagger 2 so often they wish it had a shorter CD), and has to compete for better traits, such as mark of evasion, healing Life transfer (which actually heals team mates for a fair amount) or ritual of life, wish give you the main heal as well as the well itself, making it very good in pvp, where you’ll often have the res signet. Hell, if you’re doing life siphoning then it has to compete with those traits as well, they just don’t justify the slot in my book.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Keep in mind that thieves get an adept level trait that gives them +50% in stealth for speed, giving them faster movement speed than possible even with swiftness. Would it really be overpowered to have it be 25% speed for 1 dagger?

Locust is good not just for the speed, but the active as well in group fights. Would I use it over that trait? No, but I use an offhand dagger all the time. In my axe/focus : Staff build, I would still use locust

I think 33% for two daggers is completely reasonable, considering there is little to no synergy between dagger mh and dagger OH, and the fact that we have no leap skills to speak of. I for one would welcome knowing a dagger/dagger necro could keep pace with me and slash me to death if I didn’t deal with him… you know… the way the class is suppose to be touted as “cannot escape”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Good grief guys, test a bit before you QQ.

MH dagger with the Quickening Thirst gives a 25% movement speed increase. You can test this with a friend who has a 25% movement speed debuff, or use soemthing to time how far you can run with QT vs LS.

EDIT: Just tested, still 25% with MH dagger.

Also, I was DD/DF for quite some time and this trait still sucked compared to the alternatives (20pts BM with WH and SW, or SotL).

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Good grief guys, test a bit before you QQ.

MH dagger with the Quickening Thirst gives a 25% movement speed increase. You can test this with a friend who has a 25% movement speed debuff, or use soemthing to time how far you can run with QT vs LS.

EDIT: Just tested, still 25% with MH dagger.

Also, I was DD/DF for quite some time and this trait still sucked compared to the alternatives (20pts BM with WH and SW, or SotL).

In that case, Signet of the locust increases your movement speed for over 30% since you get a notable boost from slotting it in over just having quickening.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

I can show a difference in speed between D/D and D/W (with Quickening Thirst) in the Heart of the Mists. Get a long clear stretch, run for 10 seconds (watch / stopwatch) then stop, hit the about-face button, switch weapon sets and run for another 10 seconds.

Repeat with a couple runs where you don’t switch weapon sets, and you’ll note that when you don’t switch you end up exactly where you started. If you switch from D/X -> D/D you’ll end up behind your original starting point, with D/D -> D/X you’ll end up in front of it.

There’s better, more formal testing listed on its discussion page at the wiki, but I’ll admit it was a few months ago.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Just a short idea:

Make it similar to One with Air

• You move 5% faster every 10 seconds you are attuned to air. Maximum of 25% bonus movement speed.

but instead of the air attunement I would say while you are in combat. Some numbers need to be lower since the ele trait is pretty useless. Something like this seems good to me:

• You move 5% faster every 5 seconds while you are in combat. Maximum of 33% bonus movement speed. The minimum bonus movement speed is 15%.

I’m not sure if this would fit the necromancer (since I don’t play mine too often) but it looks good to me. You could use the trait in every build and it wouldn’t be OP.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Perhaps in the mist this is true, but in WvW and LA I tested it and it’s confirmed to be 25% movement boost exactly like Signet of the Locust. I tested it when I wrote my post.

It wouldn’t be the first time that something works in sPvP but not in PvE/WvW; focus trait for example.

in Necromancer

Softspoken.2410

Perhaps in the mist this is true, but in WvW and LA I tested it and it’s confirmed to be 25% movement boost exactly like Signet of the Locust. I tested it when I wrote my post.

It wouldn’t be the first time that something works in sPvP but not in PvE/WvW; focus trait for example.

Just tested it in Lion’s Arch and

D/F travels a significantly lesser distance in 12 seconds than D/D with Quickening Thirst equipped.

You owe me 3.5 silver

Edit: The distance traveled in 13 seconds using D/D with Quickening Thirst with and without Signet of the Locust were the same.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

I tested in LA. Dagger and empty offhand. Cast epidemic for a 15s timer, ran using LS, then turned around, turned off LS and selected QT, ran back for 15s, exactly the same place.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Hmm. TEsted again, you’re right. Fair enough, sent you some silver and a tip for your trouble.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

This is one of the top 10 traits for Necros that needs to go. I guarantee NOBODY uses this. It would be nice if it gave us 3 seconds of swiftness on a dodge roll or something. Something to synergize with Mark of Evasion. Or this could be changed to give Vigor on Critical Hit, which would also synergize with Mark of Evasion. Since we have no Vigor, this is a perfect candidate.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

This is one of the top 10 traits for Necros that needs to go. I guarantee NOBODY uses this. It would be nice if it gave us 3 seconds of swiftness on a dodge roll or something. Something to synergize with Mark of Evasion. Or this could be changed to give Vigor on Critical Hit, which would also synergize with Mark of Evasion. Since we have no Vigor, this is a perfect candidate.

It needs adjustment, but is not “useless”. It fits in the category of “Could be useful if…”

In this case the “if” is probably “If siphoning could be made to scale with healing power.” The 25% IMS combined with well bombing (no room for Locust) and as stronger form of siphon would be a viable build. Supposing they combine it with “Dagger Mastery”, give siphon a scaling effect and make it a flat 25% when wielding a dagger it would be sweet. This trait is probably collateral damage from the beta nerf to necros. Along with… well, every trait line has the same kind of “almost has a synergy, but isn’t quite good enough” traits.