Posted by: MattressDrayke.9318

MattressDrayke.9318

Does a sylvari necromancer make sense? And yes I already know, trahearne is one

Races?

in Necromancer

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Yes, a Sylvari necro makes sense.

From the wiki: "Death too is not fully understood but viewed as something to be embraced and, as with many things in a sylvari’s life, is viewed with a great degree of curiosity. These views serve to form an acceptance of and fascination with death that other races may find disturbing. "
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sylvari

So with this natural curiosity of death, it actually makes more sense for a Sylvari to become a necromancer then say another profession. If I remember correctly there was a Sylvari necro in The Ghost of Ascalon book who chose that path simply to learn more about death.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Races?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

No.

Only Charr makes sense.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Races?

in Necromancer

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

No.

Only Charr makes sense.

Acually a charr magic user makes the least amount of sense given their aversion to the arcane arts. Hoever some are born with such gifts and the char recognize that and use such talents, but its seen more as a useful tool than anything. But given the option to choose to study it most charr wouldn’t.
From the wiki: “While the average charr is willing to embrace technology, many view the use of magic as a sign of weakness and will distrust magic-users as a whole.”
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Races?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

If a charr dies to dhuumfire does he become charred?

The primary game mode I play is WvW and my race/class combinations have nothing to do with game lore. Currently I’m a fan of having charr frontliners with rucksacks and asura backliners. Rerolling Norn Warrior to Charr and will then reroll Human Necro to Asura.

Now… How to carry a bunch of zerk asura necros in charr’s rucksack?

Jade Quarry since Beta