Rampager's vs. Viper's

Rampager's vs. Viper's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

With the advent of legendary armor I was considering getting into raids. I had done a few before, but cheaped out and got wvw rampager’s armor. After hearing the merits of Viper’s for months despite having done the math that says its no better, I figured others knew more than I did and got a set.

After whacking on the golem with the max buffs I am hitting 12-13k with ascended Viper’s, but I was hitting around the same with exotic rampager’s. (My power wvw build was hitting 5-6k, so that’s enlightening…)

For both I was hitting 100% bleed duration with rune/sigil selection.

Am I missing something? What should I be hitting for DPS in raids?

Rampager's vs. Viper's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

For condi necro. You should be getting above 30k on a golem with realistic buffs. My last benchmark as a condi necro, I was at 32k, without infusions.

Check out http://qtfy.eu/builds/ for the build and rotation.

With that said, condi necro dps is highly reliant on being able to hit chill fields. You will do significantly less dps if you are not doing your whirl finishers inside of ice fields, no extra dps if you do a whirl finisher in a static, water, or light field. Because of this, your dps in an actual raid environment will tank (not counting for mechanics that have to be dealt with as well).

Rampager's vs. Viper's

in Necromancer

Hesacon.8735

For condi necro. You should be getting above 30k on a golem with realistic buffs. My last benchmark as a condi necro, I was at 32k, without infusions.

Check out http://qtfy.eu/builds/ for the build and rotation.

With that said, condi necro dps is highly reliant on being able to hit chill fields. You will do significantly less dps if you are not doing your whirl finishers inside of ice fields, no extra dps if you do a whirl finisher in a static, water, or light field. Because of this, your dps in an actual raid environment will tank (not counting for mechanics that have to be dealt with as well).

My gear 95% matches that, but I’m missing the greatsword chunk of the rotation. I think I need to practice my rotation in general a little more, but it still seems like a large difference.

Rampager's vs. Viper's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

You definitely need the greatsword, but I don’t know that it would account for a 20k dps difference that you are seeing. I don’t know the math behind the current build, but I would be curious as to what you see as “95% matches that”. The wrong 5% would have it’s own effect on your dps. For example, if you are using Superior Rune of Thorns, you would not be benefiting from the 6th bonus in the training arena (the stacking condi damage buff), so that would lower your dps on the golem, compared to something like Superior Rune of the Berserker.

The best thing I could advise would be to work on your rotation, make sure not to cancel casts and do whirl finishers inside the model of the golem. Beyond that, the only other advice I could really give would be to record yourself. It can make it much easier to catch where you messed up, and can help others point out mistakes, if you cared to share for feedback.

Rampager's vs. Viper's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

this rotation is better, the qT one ignores the fact Chilling Darkness had ICD which wastes a little dps. ideally you dont want to overlap blinds and should wait 3 secs between each, unless the boss is about to die – then it’s all about bursting with BiP immediately

Rampager's vs. Viper's

in Necromancer

Hesacon.8735

I got it up to around 20k with rotation practice, so maybe that was my issue, I just need to play around with it more.

Thanks for the help guys!