Reaper Elite Shout

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quozex.9430

Quozex.9430

I didn’t play much of reaper, but was talking with my guild about a change to make the elite shout “Chilled to the Bone” feel a bit better.

My suggestion is to make it act a little more like the ele overcharges giving it a primary effect and on finishing the shout give it secondary effect.

Currently the shout has a 2s cast time for a 2s AoE 5 target stun and 8s of chill. My change would make it so the shout would have a 1.5s cast time; at .5s of cast time you would effectively chill enemies in the radius first for 5s and then on completing the shout stun enemies within the 600 range.

Less technical terms once the player character said “Chilled” it would chill enemies, then when the player character finished the shout with “to the Bone” it would then stun.

Thoughts?

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I see the interupts all comming.

EverythingOP

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I could see it using some CD tweaks and cast time adjustments. 2s is a very long time.

Unfortunately I think it’s the best elite we’ve got at the moment aside from the obvious use of Lich Form when blobbing WvW.

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quozex.9430

Quozex.9430

I could see it using some CD tweaks and cast time adjustments. 2s is a very long time.

Unfortunately I think it’s the best elite we’ve got at the moment aside from the obvious use of Lich Form when blobbing WvW.

I agree, I just thought this might be an interesting way to give it a little more play in PvP because it seems too easy to interrupt. Used at the right time the chill might give you that 1.5s window to cast the skill.

And on the topic of Revenant’s “Jade Winds” I feel that it is too strong especially when I saw many Revenant’s chaining it with “Impossible Odds” for a guaranteed stun.

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I love the elite shout, but agree we either need more defenses to cover it, like…stability, blinds, or projectile destruction, or reduce the cast time to 1 second. The cool down I think should be 90 as well, considering even with the shout trait and five hits, it’d still be around a…60 second cool down? I’m not the best with math sorry.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

DeceiverX.8361

I love the elite shout, but agree we either need more defenses to cover it, like…stability, blinds, or projectile destruction, or reduce the cast time to 1 second. The cool down I think should be 90 as well, considering even with the shout trait and five hits, it’d still be around a…60 second cool down? I’m not the best with math sorry.

IIRC, it’s 7% per target hit, putting it at 120 – (1 – (5* .07)) * 120 = 120 – .65 * 120 = 120 – 42 = 78s

While that’s a huge reduction, I’d just prefer something like 100s base and 80s traited or something with the reduction on the channel. 1s is still really long, but the stun duration isn’t at 2s (similar to Basilisk Venom which is on a base 40s CD, which can be traited and shared split up to 10 targets, or still for 5 targets realistically, if partied, and we all know BV/VShare thieves aren’t overpowered).

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

IIRC, it’s 7% per target hit, putting it at 120 – (1 – (5* .07)) * 120 = 120 – .65 * 120 = 120 – 42 = 78s

While that’s a huge reduction, I’d just prefer something like 100s base and 80s traited or something with the reduction on the channel. 1s is still really long, but the stun duration isn’t at 2s (similar to Basilisk Venom which is on a base 40s CD, which can be traited and shared split up to 10 targets, or still for 5 targets realistically, if partied, and we all know BV/VShare thieves aren’t overpowered).

Ah thank you for the math! Though I was saying that as if it had a 90 base cool down, but you still answered my question.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

DeceiverX.8361

Oh, then yea, 60s if on a 90s CD.

Reaper Elite Shout

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

I didn’t play much of reaper, but was talking with my guild about a change to make the elite shout “Chilled to the Bone” feel a bit better.

My suggestion is to make it act a little more like the ele overcharges giving it a primary effect and on finishing the shout give it secondary effect.

Currently the shout has a 2s cast time for a 2s AoE 5 target stun and 8s of chill. My change would make it so the shout would have a 1.5s cast time; at .5s of cast time you would effectively chill enemies in the radius first for 5s and then on completing the shout stun enemies within the 600 range.

Less technical terms once the player character said “Chilled” it would chill enemies, then when the player character finished the shout with “to the Bone” it would then stun.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that Shouts should not have a cast time.
If a skill that does what these “Shouts” do have a casting time, then they are not Shouts. They are Curses and Summons. If they want them to be proper Shouts, then they should remove cast time altogether.