Reaper Exclusive

Reaper Exclusive

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kyoshiro.6735

Kyoshiro.6735

I ran the reaper for the weekend. I tried many builds and variations.

(edited by Kyoshiro.6735)

Reaper Exclusive

in Necromancer

Kyoshiro.6735

In summation Great Sword does not provide the necessary life force generation or damage to be considered a main build weapon.

Shouts do not do enough damage or provide enough debuff and this cripples “augery of death” usefulness combined with a cast time, and it feels like punishment to use.

Being unnaturally slow is unappealing in all aspects of the game, including running pve maps or other large areas. No one wants it too take *% longer because…well just because.

Obviously I do have some simple thoughts on improvements.

Specifically, I do believe:

1) the blind field needs to be bigger

2)an option to teleport to a running target via flip skill mechanic on death spiral would be welcomed.

3) fixing Great Sword 6’s targeting

These suggestions come from the best place I can be in. I really want this expansion to succeed. Thank you guys for your hard work attention to detail and passion for good gaming.

(edited by Kyoshiro.6735)

Reaper Exclusive

in Necromancer

Kyoshiro.6735

One last thought!

Stability in moderate stacks could help with offering groups sustained damaged.

I noticed many classes could impair movement and evade to create distance forcing a weapon swap by me to stay in the fight, and/or simply chain cc me until I was dead with hammer and longbow skills or even guardian great sword pull.

Chain CC not fun.

Thanks again guys, keep up the great work!

Reaper Exclusive

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i only played reaper for about an hour, and i could face tank 6 vet spiders. i dont’ think my guard or revenant could have done this without a lot of work, dodging, running away, returning etc. i think i only dodged like once, and i screwed up the skills alot cause i dont’ know much about necro, basically button mashing

Reaper Exclusive

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

i only played reaper for about an hour, and i could face tank 6 vet spiders. i dont’ think my guard or revenant could have done this without a lot of work, dodging, running away, returning etc. i think i only dodged like once, and i screwed up the skills alot cause i dont’ know much about necro, basically button mashing

Let’s balance classes around pve when mobs start dodging, using active defense, clear conditions, side step attacks and kite.

The Reaper has issues that need to be addressed but solo pve is not an issue for reapers nor any other class.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Reaper Exclusive

in Necromancer

Kyoshiro.6735

Thanks for sharing!

I played the reaper as long as they would let me and tried many things for hours at a time, I did not try every combination of everything, but I am firm on my requests and believe my suggestions are valid based on 30 hours of gameplay, and being 1k hours into my main-a necromancer.

Reaper Exclusive

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

Reaper is great for solo PvE. And it was mostly the Reaper Shroud and GS #4 that made you able to face tank those spiders (also this is the ideal circumstance for the shouts as well, they don’t always work this great).

However that’s not really a hot topic. I love being able to solo PvE stuff on my necro; and frankly I think necro really is a very strong solo PvE class due to the shroud mechanic. But that’s not really where the competitive edge lies in a game like this.
Being a powerhouse in solo questing / roaming in PvE doesn’t weigh up against the lack of viability in PvE group content and PvP.

Reaper Exclusive

in Necromancer

Kyoshiro.6735

Thanks for being specific, Nyth. I feel like all the classes work really well in solo PvE questing and events too.

The article on Reaper for Tentonhammer.com really hits the nail on the head. The Reaper specialization is a real opportunity for Guild Wars 2 to show it’s stuff, and wave it’s Flag high!