Reaper Overwhelming?

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scott Lockharte.3412

Scott Lockharte.3412

For both condition and power, Reaper looks very interesting and very strong, Let’s look at some of the really strong combos

Chill is going to be on every fear, and chill will damage, Getting the enemy below 50% will cause double damage on chill, and it looks to be like it’l be quite a bit, so you could burst terror and this to do a massive damage spike.

That’s without even considering that our auto applies chill, and our auto in RS applies burning every hit, We’re going to be absolute monsters for terror builds due to this.

So our damage looks better on paper now, What about our defense?
Putrid Defense (10% damage reduction while enemy is poisoned)
Cold Shroud (15% damage reduction from chilled enemies trait)
+ Frost Aura (10%, and chills if you’re hit, for even higher burst, applied to self via RS)

Power is going to be just as interesting, a real consistent application of stability, Blood Magic working in RS/DS, So many more combo finishers / fields, and the shouts look really interesting and are competitive options for the slots, the future looks really good right now.

They said ignore the damage numbers with emphasis at least three times during the stream, So let’s do just that and look at everything mechanics wise, I do not see how this could all be put in while being this strong, I truly do not understand what people are underwhelmed by, or are complaining about on this forum, Could someone elaborate to me what exactly is wrong with this picture?

Seems like every line is really really good, i know i mentioned quite a few separate lines here, but the choices in-between them all seem quite competitive with each other after these changes.

(edited by Scott Lockharte.3412)

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

AFAIK Dhummfire has a 10sec ICD doesnt it?

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Scott Lockharte.3412

Not anymore, read the new version, since burning stacks, and it still applies with RS’s auto and even though the burning itself doesn’t last that long (3seconds?) it’s going to be a lot of consistent damage.

It’s also a major in the soul-reaping line.

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Good. I don’t care if we’re OP as hell for a while, it’d be a nice change. Of course I’m certain if we do wind up being particularly OP we’ll get our well deserved nerfs but let the OPenis happen while it can… It’s not like we have been very many times in the past.

And as for Dhuumfire, it will have no ICD after the changes. So we should be able to stack a fair bit of burning. Couple that with Rabid gear and Rage sigil, we should be able to stack it pretty fast, too.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Vizardlorde.8243

Not anymore, read the new version, since burning stacks, and it still applies with RS’s auto and even though the burning itself doesn’t last that long (3seconds?) it’s going to be a lot of consistent damage.

Where can I read the new tooltips?

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Scott Lockharte.3412

Dulfy has a build calculator made by That_Shaman, with the new info, Reaper hasn’t been put in yet though.
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQBqAOoBag~
That doesn’t have all the info though, dulfy’s core specialization page has more: http://dulfy.net/2015/04/25/gw2-core-specializations/

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

This link has all the traits as shown in the stream a few weeks back.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/33qrg0/specialization_ama_livestream_notes/

[qT] Necro main.

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Vizardlorde.8243

Dulfy has a build calculator made by That_Shaman, with the new info, Reaper hasn’t been put in yet though.

I already check dulfy still doesnt say anything about the dhuumfire changes. Th spec calculator while a great tool to keep people informed is pretty vague given the lack of information about the expansion and numbers not being set in stone. It lacks internal cooldown, boon/condition duration/intensity, and stuff like that which is what I was looking for when I asked for updated tooltips.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/33qrg0/specialization_ama_livestream_notes/

thank you

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I already check dulfy still doesnt say anything about the dhuumfire changes. Th spec calculator while a great tool to keep people informed is pretty vague given the lack of information about the expansion and numbers not being set in stone. It lacks internal cooldown, boon/condition duration/intensity, and stuff like that which is what I was looking for when I asked for updated tooltips.

thank you

Don’t forget to check the new Lingering Curse as well; 100% condi duration buff while wielding a scepter (rather than only on scepter skills) If it carries over to Reaper’s Shroud (which most other Necro weapon traits currently do with DS) and the numbers stay the same, that’s 6s cleaving burns on an AA chain that looks to have at least 2 extra hits for every 3 compared to Life Blast, meaning a constant 9-10 stacks of burning easy if you decide to spam 1 the entire time.

As for the OP, I think the reason people seem so-so is because the big thing was that a lot of people were hoping from the Reaper was party support, and while Anet has promised that Blood Magic is being reworked to become a better support line, little if anything shown today really added to the Necromancer’s support options.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: EmanioAmor.1653

EmanioAmor.1653

So we get both? regular dark shroud and reaper shroud, depending on staff or greatsword?

(edited by EmanioAmor.1653)

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

So we get both? regular dark shroud and reaper shroud, depending on staff or greatsword?

No if you take the new Reaper trait line, you will only have access to the new Reaper Shroud, you cannot choose or swap in any way.

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Vizardlorde.8243

no If you specialize reaper you lose deathshroud until you switch out specialization.

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

no If you specialize reaper you lose deathshroud until you switch out specialization.

You can use deathshroud still, but can’t use any of the new traits. Reaper shroud is a trait. If you use specizalations though your going to want to trait in it though so in a way yes reaper shroud would be needed otherwise better off just playing necromancer

Reaper Overwhelming?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Reaper Shroud is a minor trait, so if you are Reaper specialization you have to have Reaper’s Shroud.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build