[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Thoughts on Sigil of Ice? Could this Elite Spec bring this sigil into the light of day? (Hopefully not into direct light though, so it doesn’t melt.)

Considering the Decimate Defences trait will give you +50% crit chance against enemies with 25 stacks of Vuln, I don’t really need the Sigil of Accuracy I use on my Focus any more (It was the default sigil, and I never changed it. Im aware its not “optimal”.), is Sigil of Ice an option?

I don’t really like the greatsword, but I quite like the synergy between Chilling Nova, Decimate Defences and Bitter Chill to stack up the vulnerability for crit chance, so I don’t get a lot of chill going out, unless im using my Focus and things such as Chilled To The Bone on my bar.

Opinions? I hadn’t figured this build out in the previous BWE, so its untested. Has anybody else tried Sigil of Ice on Reaper?…Or on anything else for that matter? Ive never actually used a sigil of ice on anything, ever.

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I prefer Sigil of Chilling or Hydromancy, myself.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I used it a bit. It has a specific value in having some form of frequent chill in shroud, which otherwise relies on a long AOE cooldown one with RS5.

I think the sigil deserves to have a bit of damage attached to it due to the long cooldown it has. Sigil of Hydromancy is better than it in every way possible, though I understand them not wanting to increase the chill uptime it provides, I do think it should have some impact to it. And maybe even just lower the ICD to 9 seconds to match Hydromancy’s.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I used it a bit. It has a specific value in having some form of frequent chill in shroud, which otherwise relies on a long AOE cooldown one with RS5.

I think the sigil deserves to have a bit of damage attached to it due to the long cooldown it has. Sigil of Hydromancy is better than it in every way possible, though I understand them not wanting to increase the chill uptime it provides, I do think it should have some impact to it. And maybe even just lower the ICD to 9 seconds to match Hydromancy’s.

Yeah, the real problem is that your pretty much always better off running hydro. Since it is single target I could see the CD getting lowered to 5 seconds. That or they could make it an aoe effect similar to chilling nova. 2 second 240 radius chill on hit would be worth it for ranged builds.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Yeah, the real problem is that your pretty much always better off running hydro. Since it is single target I could see the CD getting lowered to 5 seconds. That or they could make it an aoe effect similar to chilling nova. 2 second 240 radius chill on hit would be worth it for ranged builds.

That’d be great except the odds of that actually happening are terrible… Which sucks because I’d love to use Ice over Hydromancy if it was on par with it, simply because the reason I’d want to use it at all is to have a stream of chill in Shroud rather than just a frontloaded chill.

Maybe Gee will see this and pass it off as an idea, but I think we’re out of luck in those regards.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

From pve perspective. Ice is an option if you were considering putting a sigil of frailty on your weapon and were considering running chilling victory. That’s the only ability that needs the extended uptime on chill specifically to work, but with the current state of spite I can’t many, if any, situations which that trait would be more useful then the other options in the tree.

For pvp go nuts, being able to maintain chill uptime through cleanses is really potent.

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I prefer hydro, on Reaper if you have good timing you can get a really nice flow going with enter reaper (proc hydro), stay in for around 10s, leave (proc hydro). This allows you to tank for about 10s with Reaper Shroud, which makes good use of a lot of the skills without sitting in it for too long or using all your LF, and tank damage when you aren’t being pressured. Works really nice overall.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Almost all of the abilities in RS can be made to provide some sort of chill. #2 with chilling dark, #3 when you use the fear because of shivers of dread, #4 when used with #5 and #5 because its #5. Ice would only be of real benefit to abilities outside of the shroud and those being able to be used at range such as axe of scepter. For reaper staff has 2 chills and dagger can be taken with focus as can axe and scepter but #5 isnt the most reliable to cast..

As Bhawb said in most instances hydro is better because the chill is the same lenght, but hydro does damage and procs on swap. Entering & leaving RS counts as a weapon swap.

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Almost all of the abilities in RS can be made to provide some sort of chill. #2 with chilling dark, #3 when you use the fear because of shivers of dread, #4 when used with #5 and #5 because its #5. Ice would only be of real benefit to abilities outside of the shroud and those being able to be used at range such as axe of scepter. For reaper staff has 2 chills and dagger can be taken with focus as can axe and scepter but #5 isnt the most reliable to cast..

As Bhawb said in most instances hydro is better because the chill is the same lenght, but hydro does damage and procs on swap. Entering & leaving RS counts as a weapon swap.

Leaving RS counts as a swap, too? I had not heard that.

Hydromancy looks extra fun now.

[Reaper] Sigil of Ice?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Leaving RS counts as a swap, too? I had not heard that.

Hydromancy looks extra fun now.

Because of how it works. RS uses a 2h hammer for its damage hence you are using a different weapon. Going into shroud swaps from your weapon to that hammer and leaving it swaps the hammer back to your weapon.

Becuase of this you can take 2 swap sigils on one weapon and not have to double up on the other weapon to get certain effects. Allows use of lots more sigils and different combinations. Can have GS with int#hydro for some interesting combos then a long range weapon withother sigils and you can proc the INT/HYDRO just by shroud dancing.