Reaper build for open world?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

What is everyone’s experience with reaper builds in the open world (namely for things like SW/HoT/Etc)? I’m leaning towards MM with death/blood/reaper.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

If you want to be lazy, Spite/DM/Reaper. Good dps and minions make it pretty faceroll.

in Necromancer

Sazdek.6830

I mostly like MM for the sake of being able to take champions or packs of mobs more easily (fekkin mini raptors). I don’t mind being “not” lazy, just so long as it’s efficient and won’t leave me dead as a doornail every few minutes.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I prefer a death magic/ curses/reaper viper condition/minion build using scepter/dagger and scepter/focus or spite/ blood magic/ reaper greatsword build.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Sazdek.6830

So you think something like this then?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQNBhQD7kZTodTslGw4GgeTskLYTDhlQSIeKmFHjQBgGwKA-TBBXgAAK/C1N0r+zjSQA-e

I always like dagger/warhorn as an offset for the swiftness buff as well as being able to bust through break bars fairly easily.

Utilities I’m kind of lost on however, I always like having a well or two to help AoE down mobs, spectral walk for the extra stun break and swiftness, and Your are all Weaklings for weakness, life force, damage, and nothing else I can think of to put there. Elite also for break bars or two make soloing packs of mobs easier, and because it’s fun.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The bog standard zerker build will always perform.

Personally I prefer a much, much beefier melee build for my reaper in open world. 30K HP, 1900 toughness or so and still permacrit in RS. When buffed against bosses or 5+mobs I hit around 2.5-5K on auto-attacks and not a single berserker piece. Sentinel weapons, soldier armor and celestial trinkets.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

So you think something like this then?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQNBhQD7kZTodTslGw4GgeTskLYTDhlQSIeKmFHjQBgGwKA-TBBXgAAK/C1N0r+zjSQA-e

I always like dagger/warhorn as an offset for the swiftness buff as well as being able to bust through break bars fairly easily.

Utilities I’m kind of lost on however, I always like having a well or two to help AoE down mobs, spectral walk for the extra stun break and swiftness, and Your are all Weaklings for weakness, life force, damage, and nothing else I can think of to put there. Elite also for break bars or two make soloing packs of mobs easier, and because it’s fun.

Close actually but I prefer axe/dagger for the range it offers, which I need in some cases. I run consume conditions instead of YSIM for condi clear and rise instead of spectral walk as a means to stay longer in melee.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Steelpusher.1684

Steelpusher.1684

After spending the first week of HoT thinking that I enjoyed normal necro too much, I sat down and theorycrafted this reaper build. It works in game, is enjoyable, and is virtually indestructible.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRUQNAR3YnMbCV2gN3AebCc4glaBLeLWGXjUjh5Q1CaOFAmBA-TBSBABkfQA0T3hlq/klyvzUCe1+DL8gAA4KCAA-e

The main point is to use ‘rise!’ upon initiating combat, as this gives damage reduction. Then, before any health loss, delve into shroud and enjoy that 50-100% crit chance! the extra vitality makes you tanky and gives you a bigger life force pool, so you can enjoy reaping to your hearts content!

got condi’s? switch to axe dagger
low on life force? axe dagger + ‘your soul is mine’

Main point is to use the shouts when you have the most mobs in range, so position yourself well.

As for the signet and corrosive poison cloud… these are my general pve ones, which i flick out with others if necessary. poison cloud is amazing at antiprojectile, and movement speed is nice. Personally, my 4th and 5th most used utilities are wurm and spectral walk in that order. Wurm is a nice, static body blocker for things like fractals.

in Necromancer

Dawdler.8521

Problem with the build above is that it rely on voulnerabilty for crit and hit like a wet noodle outside RS.

By going with lower power, chilling victory and a base precision of 30ish percent you will find its much more balanced. But thats just an IMO.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I run Spite, Soul Reaping, and Reaper.

I’m still running a Blighter’s Boon/Chilling Victory build with Shouts (YAAW, Suffer, Rise!, and CTTB). Gear is Zerker and slowly converting to Ascended Marauder. I use the Greatsword and Staff for weapons. The damage reduction from Rise is great, as is the damage reduction from chilled enemies. You also have Necro health and the life bar from shroud to keep between you and downed state.

It’s also super simple to maintain 25 stacks of might in fights and, while Reaper isn’t permanent, it’s got some nice duration increase.

The damage isn’t like that of more condi-oriented builds, but when you’re at 25 stacks of might then frankly you could hit things with a scythe made of paper mache and things would still die.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnc0AlbitbCebC0biFcBLuK2FDjUdh2wzCaAEAaBA-TxRBQBU4SAkPdBYR5Xg2fYRKBTo6PA4JAEA4A43fz3fDc+5nf+5n3v/+7v/+bpAiYMA-e

in Necromancer

Steelpusher.1684

Problem with the build above is that it rely on voulnerabilty for crit and hit like a wet noodle outside RS.

By going with lower power, chilling victory and a base precision of 30ish percent you will find its much more balanced. But thats just an IMO.

For my build: reaper GS3 stacks 12 vuln… that is 24% crit chance just by casting one skill. join any sort of content with one, maybe 2 other players, and 25 vuln is almost constant and stacked very fast. In addition, the reaper shroud uptime is insane, and can be sustained very well. The only part you ‘hit like a wet noodle’ is if you play without rotations in mind (but then engy and good ele have far longer rotations) and upon the first few hits in a combat scenario if you have no lifeforce, which, again, is partly down to bad play because any deaths of mobs, even white, give lifeforce, and initiating at range with the axe 2 skill stacks 12% life-force. Keep in mind more vitality gives more life force, so 12% with +vit>12% without, meaning longer shroud for same skill. In addition, ‘Rise!’ gives 50% damage reduction, which stops mobs tearing through your lifeforce, thus keeping you in shroud longer.

in Necromancer

Dawdler.8521

For my build: reaper GS3 stacks 12 vuln… that is 24% crit chance just by casting one skill. join any sort of content with one, maybe 2 other players, and 25 vuln is almost constant and stacked very fast. In addition, the reaper shroud uptime is insane, and can be sustained very well. The only part you ‘hit like a wet noodle’ is if you play without rotations in mind (but then engy and good ele have far longer rotations) and upon the first few hits in a combat scenario if you have no lifeforce, which, again, is partly down to bad play because any deaths of mobs, even white, give lifeforce, and initiating at range with the axe 2 skill stacks 12% life-force. Keep in mind more vitality gives more life force, so 12% with +vit>12% without, meaning longer shroud for same skill. In addition, ‘Rise!’ gives 50% damage reduction, which stops mobs tearing through your lifeforce, thus keeping you in shroud longer.

I wont argue with that. The trait gives a good amount of precision and applying a ton of voulnerability is always good. The only problem is by taking it, you loose a trait that easily gives you a ton of might stacks (ie 25 against any group or boss) and make it much easier to maintain lifeforce. Weigh them against each other… Especially when you can build for decent precision and still maintain a heavy and tanky melee character. But as I said, its just an opinion – most people go pure zerker and leave it at that. I like variety. I am still not sure about all the reaper traits, but I have found that decimate defenses make me rely other players maintaining might on me and voulnerability on the enemy just a wee bit too much.

This is the build I use at the moment:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQJARWnMbCtbidbCW2As3gFcBLuK2FLjUnh2wzC6qFAaBA-TRCBABY8AAcUJYDXAgl2fAgjAglq/YmyvNOEAIqLgUAjq1C-e

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in Necromancer

Steelpusher.1684

I wont argue with that. The trait gives a good amount of precision and applying a ton of voulnerability is always good. The only problem is by taking it, you loose a trait that easily gives you a ton of might stacks (ie 25 against any group or boss) and make it much easier to maintain lifeforce. Weigh them against each other… Especially when you can build for decent precision and still maintain a heavy and tanky melee character. But as I said, its just an opinion – most people go pure zerker and leave it at that. I like variety. I am still not sure about all the reaper traits, but I have found that decimate defenses make me rely other players maintaining might on me and voulnerability on the enemy just a wee bit too much.

This is the build I use at the moment:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQJARWnMbCtbidbCW2As3gFcBLuK2FLjUnh2wzC6qFAaBA-TRCBABY8AAcUJYDXAgl2fAgjAglq/YmyvNOEAIqLgUAjq1C-e

the build I listed easily hits the 25 might stack mark, if I took the one you suggest that I have missed out on for the vuln crit, it would be a waste