Reaper has ruined me for other classes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gittons.8510

Gittons.8510

I want to know what you guys think and i am speaking about PvE here and not pvp unlike…80% of the internet oddly enough but reaper has completely ruined me for other classes, to do massive dmg with decent self healing all i need to do is pop 2 wells, which on there own does thousands of dps, use a focus to get like 10 vul instantly, go greatsword to boost that to max vul and blind and then reaper shroud and just melt everything while my flesh golem’s ability to eat defiance bars for breakfast means that cc is easy too and i also have a lot of condition removal as well.
my issue with that is that does insane dmg, frankly absurd and yet it is so easy, dagger m1 alone can churn out dmg with vamp healing that would make other classes blush, it is too easy,
no positioning,
no juggling 30 skills,
no timing or massive combos to worry about,

so i go from that easy and fairly tanky classes to others and i feel just so much more weaker, having to juggle dozens of things like engineers or the whole thing with traps and positions with dragon hunter feels so much more weaker but takes more effort and high dps classes like warrior do not have the healing that reaper has by far, so the classes feel either weak as paper or fragile as glass and yet takes so much more effort and learning to even do.

anybody else have this issue? i regret having reaper as my first character so much, anybody got any idea how to un-ruin myself from this? i want to enjoy all the classes, so much unique style to them all but i just can not when i know i can press like 8 buttons on my other character and destroy everything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

So you are complaying…. that Reaper is a good class? That you like it and it’s funnier than other classes?

Are you serious?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gittons.8510

Gittons.8510

So you are complaying…. that Reaper is a good class? That you like it and it’s funnier than other classes?

Are you serious?

yes i am because all classes should be fun, all classes should be strong and when you have one that is vastly better it means that there is no point to use anything else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

I main a Gs Reaper and I love it, not because im godlike with it ( cause im not ) or because i do the best dps with it or whatever. No, I love it for the same reason anyone should like any class – because it fits my idea of a fun class. Deathknight ftw!

As for the op.. Id say thats just another troll nerf post

PS: My other classes are warrior and guardian and both have a place in my gaming heart for the same reasons. I mean look at this warrior, whats not to like

Attachments:

(edited by pepsis.5384)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

Are you serious?

yes i am because all classes should be fun, all classes should be strong and when you have one that is vastly better it means that there is no point to use anything else.

Are you really serious?

I main the Necro since the very first beta of the game, I always liked it. For three years we suffered, we have been emarginated because other classes were more fun, more effective and condition suffered a huge game design flaw… and now… now you are complaining?
Please tell me you are trolling us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

Main Necro since GW!

Love how reaper traits include synergy with base necro trait lines. To put it into perspective Spite/SR/Reaper flow so well together it feels like a legit build, which is what necros have lacked for years since GW2 release. Dont get me wrong i love Van cro just as much as reaper but it just flows.

BUTTTTT to say necros are top teir DPS is untrue, yes we have probably the highest SUSTAIN while maintaining great deeps but we are no where top teir right now (revs, Wars, tempests, thieves).

i can totally understand why you wouldnt WANT to play other classes since Necro is just too fun but if you want to compete with top META players in PVE Necro usually doesnt make the top list of anything really (maybe second best or less).

and there actually is skill rotations with reaper to maximize deeps (unlike van cro which was just auto attack FTW).

but im sure this is just a troll post since….well it just has to be.

on another note, ANET WHAT WILL THE NEW LEGENDARY GS BE!!!!

i want to show Lupi next time i solo him

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I think I got OP’s point. This is basically the problem of necro. Necro simply eats open world PvE much easier than anything else. The reason is that while necro DPS in organized content is low, its self-reliance (self-might stack, self-vuln stack, high crit rate in shroud) and its “passive” tankiness is much higher than any other class. This means that in solo content, you can just go head-on a facetank everything while dealing the highest damage of all classes (I believe necro damage has one of the highest if not the highest damage of all when playing solo).

So yes, that makes necro the easiest class in open-world PvE, and this just shows how ill-balanced this class is.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I think I got OP’s point. This is basically the problem of necro. Necro simply eats open world PvE much easier than anything else. The reason is that while necro DPS in organized content is low, its self-reliance (self-might stack, self-vuln stack, high crit rate in shroud) and its “passive” tankiness is much higher than any other class. This means that in solo content, you can just go head-on a facetank everything while dealing the highest damage of all classes (I believe necro damage has one of the highest if not the highest damage of all when playing solo).

So yes, that makes necro the easiest class in open-world PvE, and this just shows how ill-balanced this class is.

Open world PvE is pretty /faceroll with any profession. Unless you’re trying to solo HoT meta events or something.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

2 things. As was said open world PvE is pretty easy in 95% of the game. I’ve been able to solo most open world content with every class.

Secondly Necros have always been strong in open world PvE since GW1. It’s the Necro’s design and theme that makes it that way. Gaining power from things dying around you is a strong mechanic in PvE. Its what we do. Its not because of reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Historically, Necromancer was always good at tagging with its AoE. Necro was great at trash mob farming but was bad at everything else.

Then Necromancer gained some power boosts, followed by trait reworks, and ultimately a very good elite. Reaper Shroud can tag even better than Death Shroud.

Minions now only die when tanking for you rather than dying to untargeted AoE. I have commented on their durability, before.

MM also offers new players some of the best training wheels in the game.

Finally, a lot of players who never cared for, or developed, a Necro are discovering their mule is now useful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I think Silverkey is just pointing out that it is even easier with necro, and you can solo some content that I think was intended to be done with a group. For instance, in the Mad King’s Labyrinth, I got yelled at because I was soloing the non-boss doors in the labyrinth, and everyone else was apparently part of a zerg that I was screwing over unintentionally. Someone else in another thread said they were able to solo some of the bosses with their’s. That is not something I would have tried, but apparently we can pull it off. I would not have tried either of those with other classes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I don’t think this person has ever played a necro, to think that we don’t worry about timing is an extremely ignorant comment. Timing is EVERYTHING to a necro. Without good timing you aren’t going to get good benefits from the class. Necros are good at many things, but only really great at one – high survivability, but without great timing you only get moderate survivability. I’ve put over 1500 hours in on my necro and I am still learning how to optimize her. If this is a trolling comment to try to build consensus that necro is OP, anet said they like the way necros are performing and if anything they are going to add healing while in reapershroud. Anet isn’t ignorant about the skillset of their classes. They know what each is capable of, and they know that necro isn’t the most powerful class they’ve developed.

The funny thing is that I’ve been reading the revenant forum because I recently leveled one up for possible raiding and they get the same type of criticism. Part of me thinks that the game was so imbalanced in favor of warriors and guardians for so long that there are people that have those characters that do not like more balance in the game. It isn’t that the other professions are op, it is that they aren’t grossly underpowered anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

I don’t think this person has ever played a necro, to think that we don’t worry about timing is an extremely ignorant comment. Timing is EVERYTHING to a necro. Without good timing you aren’t going to get good benefits from the class. Necros are good at many things, but only really great at one – high survivability, but without great timing you only get moderate survivability. I’ve put over 1500 hours in on my necro and I am still learning how to optimize her. If this is a trolling comment to try to build consensus that necro is OP, anet said they like the way necros are performing and if anything they are going to add healing while in reapershroud. Anet isn’t ignorant about the skillset of their classes. They know what each is capable of, and they know that necro isn’t the most powerful class they’ve developed.

The funny thing is that I’ve been reading the revenant forum because I recently leveled one up for possible raiding and they get the same type of criticism. Part of me thinks that the game was so imbalanced in favor of warriors and guardians for so long that there are people that have those characters that do not like more balance in the game. It isn’t that the other professions are op, it is that they aren’t grossly underpowered anymore.

EXACTLY. No one with a true OP class likes when other classes catch up..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

my main is a warrior.
but now he’s a mule.

my reaper is my main now.
both pve and pvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I definitely get spoiled by necro in raids. When I can face tank so many mechanics without issue, when I swap to other classes I make a big fool of myself. Like druiding on matthias last night, I got hit by way too many hadokens. I felt like a numbskull. On my necro, I can normally live through it, and if I don’t, unholy sanctuary pops and saves me.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scolix.4879

Scolix.4879

As a lazy person i have to agree when i am playing with my other characters i get annoyed when i have to dodge stuff that with my Reaper i just stand there and let the minions rip them to shreds while doing damage with little to no effort.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sidizen.9048

Sidizen.9048

I think Silverkey is just pointing out that it is even easier with necro, and you can solo some content that I think was intended to be done with a group. For instance, in the Mad King’s Labyrinth, I got yelled at because I was soloing the non-boss doors in the labyrinth, and everyone else was apparently part of a zerg that I was screwing over unintentionally. Someone else in another thread said they were able to solo some of the bosses with their’s. That is not something I would have tried, but apparently we can pull it off. I would not have tried either of those with other classes.

I’ve seen warriors, guardians, and Rangers solo bosses in Mad King’s Labyrinth with ease, it’s not just necromancers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I’ve seen warriors, guardians, and Rangers solo bosses in Mad King’s Labyrinth with ease, it’s not just necromancers.

If I implied that, I apologize, as that was not what I wished to convey. Just saying I did it on my necro, and I got yelled at for it. That’s all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

In PvE I agree with you in that it makes most content very easy but our DPS is still lacking. We are nowhere near a high enough DPS to be “meta” for Fractals when compared to Ele’s or Revenants. We’re a good solo class, but not that great in groups. I don’t think we need a nerf in PvE at all, but I don’t think we should be buffed either. Necro is in a good spot right now, we don’t need to be nerfed or buffed, Anet just needs to buff the weaker classes and all this QQ will go away.

Condie reaper is close to top dps in raid. Pretty sure same story in fractals.
Reaper is also crucial in raid wing2 that pretty much every group needs. Claiming reaper bad in group is completely false information.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I love reaper. Then sometimes I just hate to jump and dodge around, ‘actively’ preventing damage with USE AEGIS, BLIND, SPAM BLABLA. No, you just want to sit there and burn the enemies health, just mind-numbing, mesmerizing grind. Sometimes I need that and it’s great that the Reaper provides that. Besides: whole Central Tyria is like this – with any class.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Necromancer

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I main tempest over my reaper and I’m pretty sure it has much higher burst, sustained and AoE damage…

Well damage is good but overloads, glyph of storms and/or meteor shower are all better.

The trade off is elementalists die from 1-2 hits of basically any attack.

So it’s more damage with less defense and self healing or vice versa. I prefer more damage, if you can learn to time dodges it’s not too bad.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

OP should try a ranger. I solo HoT champions on mine because a tanky pet is literally unkillable in PvE if you maintain and swap properly. I’ve literally AFK’ed some hero point champions for a few moments to use the bathroom without a need for macros or anything of the sorts. Hell, my pet raven (pure glass pet) facetanked the arrowhead HP champion.

As far as DPS goes, tempest/thief/rev offer magnitudes more. They’re just much less safe to play if you play them full glass, since shroud can really save you if you get combo’d.

Condi reaper is busted in PvP, but otherwise the profession is pretty fair.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I want to know what you guys think and i am speaking about PvE here and not pvp unlike…80% of the internet oddly enough but reaper has completely ruined me for other classes, to do massive dmg with decent self healing all i need to do is pop 2 wells, which on there own does thousands of dps, use a focus to get like 10 vul instantly, go greatsword to boost that to max vul and blind and then reaper shroud and just melt everything while my flesh golem’s ability to eat defiance bars for breakfast means that cc is easy too and i also have a lot of condition removal as well.
my issue with that is that does insane dmg, frankly absurd and yet it is so easy, dagger m1 alone can churn out dmg with vamp healing that would make other classes blush, it is too easy,
no positioning,
no juggling 30 skills,
no timing or massive combos to worry about,

so i go from that easy and fairly tanky classes to others and i feel just so much more weaker, having to juggle dozens of things like engineers or the whole thing with traps and positions with dragon hunter feels so much more weaker but takes more effort and high dps classes like warrior do not have the healing that reaper has by far, so the classes feel either weak as paper or fragile as glass and yet takes so much more effort and learning to even do.

anybody else have this issue? i regret having reaper as my first character so much, anybody got any idea how to un-ruin myself from this? i want to enjoy all the classes, so much unique style to them all but i just can not when i know i can press like 8 buttons on my other character and destroy everything.

if you take the time to learn, you can play with any class. Unlocking reaper in HOT maps was one of the easiest things, but i also breezed past it as 6 more professions. Some professions are not as tanky, but have a much more dynamic playstyle and are a lot better at supporting allies and messing up with enemies.