Reaper of anything but souls

in Necromancer

Posted by: punahou.3986

punahou.3986

I told you so a few weeks ago.

The real icing on the cake imo is our poor class mechanic known as chill.

Using the greats word in Pvp is just terrible.

Mr ghee stated in his video that the reaper would have slow but powerful arks, with the added bonus of snaring opponents so they can’t get away.

Ok. So the reality is that chill is worthless as a snare as it drops off too soon to be of any use thanks to chill nerf that people said had no impact on the reaper….. Lol

Our gap closer is worthless as u have no control and it barely closes any gap.

For Pvp this class is a reaper of wheat and not souls.

It’s so frustrating to play a class that truly is an after thought.
The reaper is good in concept but poor in performance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i highly disagree, the reaper has a lot of potential and with some quality of life and fine tuning it will be a very nice spec.

the greatsword though is underperforming and i agree that chill does not have such a huge impact.

the mobility is fine, 600 range on 5s is more than most classes have by far. the problem of this skill is rather that it’s completely useless for anything than movement.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

About half of Reaper is solid or very easily adjustable as is. Reaper Shroud is great, almost all around, half the traits are solid, about 4/6 shouts are good. Its just Greatsword is really trash and so are some traits. Its all fixable though, very much so.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nynuwe.5893

Nynuwe.5893

Yup, the concept is okay. It’s the execution/performance that fell short. Most problems can be fixed by tweaking numbers involved.

When Revenant does better than Necro
in every playstyle imaginable,
they’ll call it a day and release HoT.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Reaper is respectable, the combo of 4 and 5 is amazing if timed right but it drains so much quicker than death shroud which compromises us far too fast. I am only a few hours into it but so far GS is under performing and chill is really sub par since the nerf. Like i said earlier it isn’t ever going to be 100% up time unless the people you play against are morons. GS needs a real boost in speed and RS needs to last about 25% longer to be effective at all.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Necromancer

punahou.3986

i highly disagree, the reaper has a lot of potential and with some quality of life and fine tuning it will be a very nice spec.

the greatsword though is underperforming and i agree that chill does not have such a huge impact.

the mobility is fine, 600 range on 5s is more than most classes have by far. the problem of this skill is rather that it’s completely useless for anything than movement.

1) this is about the reaper greatsword

2) gs is added to the class— it should be a viable weapon

3) if you really like your dagger/eh/foc spec stay onthe necro end of things— no sense going to the reaper skillset.

4) reaper 2 is supposed to allow you to catch your prey. For the most part in pvp its a poorly implemented skill.— chills dont last, players simply leap, double dodge out of your range and you cant get them.

Furthermore— most players strafe way from your hits as they are overtly telegraphed and lethargic, so you cant even land your minimal chill lol.

and lastly

Poor defense mechanism for the reaper. Id like to see 10% of your health added to toughness just be equpping that GS, and a no timer spectral form on every crit using a GS coupled with quickness on every critical— that how bad GS is and needs to be tuned to use in pvp.

PVE not just in this game, but all modern mmos is a cakewalk in todays genre. Gone are the days of original eq1/daoc difficulty, so GS use in pve is a non factor.

in Necromancer

punahou.3986

About half of Reaper is solid or very easily adjustable as is. Reaper Shroud is great, almost all around, half the traits are solid, about 4/6 shouts are good. Its just Greatsword is really trash and so are some traits. Its all fixable though, very much so.

yes the gs concept is fixable, but do we feel that ANET will give it love? Im highly skeptical that they will.

For the reaper they should undo any chill limitations they put on the other classes; and add the chronomancer slows to the gs autos so we can actually hit things with it

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m fine with reapers shroud although I would like death’s charge to hit what you have targeted. Greatsword could use some tweaking because as it sits I feel less like pyramid head and more like the blob.

I honestly cannot see anyone being scared of the big bad horror movie monster if all you need to do to win is sidestep.

in Necromancer

punahou.3986

I should also clarify im talking GS and reaper combo. Im would like to think that we all arent hyped soley for reaper form. My main gripe is the GS and its mechanics. For all that holy or unholy— Guardian GS, Warrior GS, and Ranger GS hit harder and faster.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

yes the gs concept is fixable, but do we feel that ANET will give it love? Im highly skeptical that they will.

Of course they will. What do you think a beta is for?

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

If you had any semblance of memory you would remember that it was from closed beta before release that ranger and necromancer were nerfed so viciously that they have remained the garbage classes of the game for 3 years that nobody wants in PvE at least.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

If you had any semblance of memory you would remember that it was from closed beta before release that ranger and necromancer were nerfed so viciously that they have remained the garbage classes of the game for 3 years that nobody wants in PvE at least.

I don’t remember that. Probably because I was never in any of those betas.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Speed up GS 1/2 and take a look at shouts (non instant shouts still seems so wrong to me) and I’ll be decently happy.

Edit: the more I play it the more disappointed I am. It just seems like all attacks are slow and not worth the damage. The damages may be high but the cast times are so long that the dps just seems horrid.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I just want to say that the reaper is total garbage in PvP. I really wish this wasn’t true, but it undeniably is.

Reaper shroud is fine.

Greatsword is way too slow, has terrible range, and no reliable life force generation at all. I feel squishier running valk as reaper than I do with Marauder (hell even ’zerker) with dagger.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Reaper overall is fine, in fact the biggest issues I had where related to my non-Reaper things I was forced to equip, I think people call it “Necromancer”.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Reaper overall is fine, in fact the biggest issues I had where related to my non-Reaper things I was forced to equip, I think people call it “Necromancer”.

What??? I hope that’s sarcasm if not i just don’t…GS1/2 are so slow and underpowered my grandma can dodge them. RS 5 is absurdly dysfunctional if the target isn’t standing stationary or idling by, and don’t get me started on “Rise” or how slow “Chill to the bone” is!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

What would you like to see “adjusted”? Since ANet has a vision they want to realize for Necromancer, I don’t think that anything can be changed. Anything meaningful at least.

Reduced cast times on some shouts, maybe an adjustment in damage to chills or chill duration… That’s about all they’ll change, I’d put my money on it.

They won’t change Greatsword being slow and they won’t make shouts worth taking in most content. I see nothing to look forward to.

Reaper turned out okay. It has some nice mechanics and it looks good. But that’s really it. And honestly, I think you kiss too much @ss (^:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Id say the dmg on GS is really good specially Gravedigger, however cast time kills thats skill. rest of GS is meh at best. Exception being “Nightfall” wich I think is brilliant specially when attacked by any kind of Melee.

and as Bhawb said Reaper Shroud is actually very good and imho very balanced on all 5 skills atm.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

What??? I hope that’s sarcasm if not i just don’t…GS1/2 are so slow and underpowered my grandma can dodge them. RS 5 is absurdly dysfunctional if the target isn’t standing stationary or idling by, and don’t get me started on “Rise” or how slow “Chill to the bone” is!

Greatsword is the only big issue right now, and only due to numbers on damage, cast, and CD. 2 of the shouts need big work (rise!/suffer), the other 4 just need balancing in general. RS5 is absolutely amazing, not super reliable but I’ve killed a lot of people with it.

What would you like to see “adjusted”? Since ANet has a vision they want to realize for Necromancer, I don’t think that anything can be changed. Anything meaningful at least.

We’ve already seen RS 2 get a projectile block, which is a big mechanical change.

GS1: 2s base chill on 3rd hit, around 2.75s full chain
GS2: full reset when hitting under 50%, significantly more damage
GS3: fine as is I think, hard to say when the rest of the kit is so bad
GS4: no aftercast crap, just a 1/4s cast that doesn’t stop movement
GS5: actually goes towards target
GS overall: more LF generation

RS1: 3rd hit needs to happen a bit faster
RS2: if you target someone it behaves like a targeted leap and will end early
RS5: some QoL improvements so you have to actually get out or range or use defense to avoid it, not just walk around and have it flop 2 units to the side and do nothing to you

Shouts in general: tune up numbers
Suffer: needs more, and needs something special that doesn’t have to scale, not sure what really but right now its a worse Plague Signet at best
Rise!: honestly don’t think a minion skill will ever fit, but if it must be a minion it should be a new minion (already proposed a minion type before that could work)

Traits:
Chilling Nova: lowered CD
Soul Eater: seems like it needs something, hard to say while GS is awful
Cold Shoulder: 20% duration increased and/or 20% reduced damage taken
Deathly Chill: should do more like twice its current damage

That’s what I’m thinking of so far. Reaper’s Shroud is mostly fine as is I think, besides usability improvements. GS needs significantly better LF/damage/better casts, shouts are mostly okay with numbers adjustments, additional effects on Suffer, and a reworked Rise. Overall I think Reaper is conceptually solid, the biggest problem it has is base Necro holds it back. Reaper could make great bunkers, yet Necro weapons currently can’t support that at all, same happens for a lot of stuff I try to make work.

My PvP Minion Build