Reaper pve question!

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: JoaoFA.8475

JoaoFA.8475

Hey guys! For Reaper dps spec GS what build, gear, 2nd set of weapons, and utility skills do you guys suggest?

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I’d suggest dagger/wh or focus, WoS, WoC, SoS, or BiP. Heal would be consume conditions and elite Lich.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d suggest you wait until its released to start making your build. It will most likely be zerker, so as long as you have the current Necro zerker build the only real change would be a zerker GS and sigils most likely.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

JoaoFA.8475

oh, at the moment I have it as a powermancer with strength runes. I was asking because the synergy will change a bit no, with the chill thingy going on.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

JoaoFA.8475

Also Brasil and Nemesis said that crit wont matter anymore with the reaper, so I don’t have a clue what kind of gear I will use, some people have talked about sinister, what do you think?

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

The only thing I would get right now would be a zerker greatsword, this is almost surely going to be the best weapon for dungeons. Other than that a bunch of stuff you should already have, zerker daggers, focus, warhorn, armor. As Bhawb said, it is still to early to buy specific gear, but a zerker greatsword will almost definitely be meta for necros in dungeons (If it isn’t, it means anet messed up).

Also Brasil and Nemesis said that crit wont matter anymore with the reaper, so I don’t have a clue what kind of gear I will use, some people have talked about sinister, what do you think?

While this might be true, it isn’t worth investing just yet because we don’t know what the final stuff will look like. Assuming condition damage doesn’t become meta in pve and the traits stay the same, for dungoens you will want zerker till you get to 30% crit chance. Then you would take the 50% crit increase against enemies with 25 vuln, and with fury that puts you at 100. The rest of your gear could be valk gear. Then food buffs could get you more power. Of course you could just run zerker, and it wouldn’t be a big difference.

Edit: Scratch that, with 5 pieces of valk and superior sharpening stones you only get 100 or so power, which I don’t believe is worth it over 10% dungeon specific potions, so zerkers will be better because it isn’t as reliant on the mob having vuln.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

(edited by zapv.8051)

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its almost certain to be berserker. The chill sigils arent worth getting for PvE. So same sigils as before (force, night, slaying etc). Assassins is going to fall out thanks to decimate defences and maybe even just the stat point changes.

For solo stuff you might want strength runes. In groups where might isnt an issue then scholar runes will still be best.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

JoaoFA.8475

Spoj, is the staff good for dps in a gs+staff setup?

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darwec.3784

Darwec.3784

Its almost certain to be berserker. The chill sigils arent worth getting for PvE. So same sigils as before (force, night, slaying etc). Assassins is going to fall out thanks to decimate defences and maybe even just the stat point changes.

For solo stuff you might want strength runes. In groups where might isnt an issue then scholar runes will still be best.

Id argue force/frailty for pve. Other than that i agree.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I would say frailty would be a nad choice with the amount of vuln you would put out using just unyielding blast and death shiver.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

I would say a staff as the other weapon as a ranged weapon always comes in handy.
Plus the primary attack of the staff recharges life force quite fast.
So it will be very good for fights with bosses that hit hard at close range.
If you get kicked out of RS just back away and hit with staff, then when full again re-enter RS and engage in melee again.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Staff is really bad dps, it might be useful in open world for tagging stuff, but in dungeons you want to avoid using it as much as possible (except maybe laying down marks before a fight starts, then switching to something else). The meta will probably be d/f gs or d/w gs. Also Frailty really won’t be worth itDarwec, focus 4 and gs 3 is 24 vuln almost instantly, so anything that actually deals damage would be better.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Darwec.3784

I would say frailty would be a nad choice with the amount of vuln you would put out using just unyielding blast and death shiver.

It might be, but bosses suffer reduced duration for vulnerability correct? So every 3 seconds you apply 5 seconds of vulnerability, 3 stacks. Unyeilding blast does 2 stacks, so essentially 4 stacks every two-ish seconds (not counting the trait reduction).

The stacks from death shiver would stack up to 6 stacks max on their own. Unyeilding, worst case, would be 8 ish stacks. Maybe 10. Thats still only 14-16 stacks? I think there is room for some gains.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I doubt theres going to be much of any use for staff in PvE. Fraily + force is fine for daytime stuff. But when you can stack modifier sigils that will be better. Vuln shouldnt be an issue once we get the new core spec reworks. So if you want a daytime sigil other than force. Sigil of strength would probably be better than frailty.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It might be, but bosses suffer reduced duration for vulnerability correct? So every 3 seconds you apply 5 seconds of vulnerability, 3 stacks. Unyeilding blast does 2 stacks, so essentially 4 stacks every two-ish seconds (not counting the trait reduction).

The stacks from death shiver would stack up to 6 stacks max on their own. Unyeilding, worst case, would be 8 ish stacks. Maybe 10. Thats still only 14-16 stacks? I think there is room for some gains.

You can get new max stacks yourself even with the -50% duration and you owuldnt be the only one stacking vuln since lots of skills do it. . So even though it does seem like a good idea it gets out shined by other sigils due to the fact you can put out so much vuln as it is.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

Staff is really bad dps, it might be useful in open world for tagging stuff, but in dungeons you want to avoid using it as much as possible (except maybe laying down marks before a fight starts, then switching to something else). The meta will probably be d/f gs or d/w gs. Also Frailty really won’t be worth itDarwec, focus 4 and gs 3 is 24 vuln almost instantly, so anything that actually deals damage would be better.

I agree but I was thinking about bosses like those found in FotM like in the Vulcano where there is lots of moving around during the fight. While if you stack there won’t be much use for another weapon as the GS is the only melee weapon a necro can (rather will be able to) use that cleaves i.e. hits multiple foes.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

Darwec.3784

You can get new max stacks yourself even with the -50% duration and you owuldnt be the only one stacking vuln since lots of skills do it. . So even though it does seem like a good idea it gets out shined by other sigils due to the fact you can put out so much vuln as it is.

I think you can easily BURST 25 stacks. Im not sure you could maintain it through a boss fight solo. Though, yes, other people should also be applying vuln, so it might not be useful.

Reaper pve question!

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

You can only burst vuln currently. That probably wont be the case later. Bitter chill and death shiver are going to ensure really good vuln uptime.. And it looks like the -50% duration is disappearing when defiance changes.