Reaper's Place In Raids?

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bias.6872

Bias.6872

First. I want to apologize if this topic or something similar was already made, searching came up empty.

Second. I know raids aren’t out yet so this would be speculation.

So for those who have had time to play around with reaper a bit and see what it’s capable of in a PVE set up, what do you think reaper’s place (if any) would be in raids?

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

More than likely… Bum bait

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

It is still the master of condi spread with Epidemic. Mixed with some alacrity and you are doing it nearly every ten seconds. So only the things immune to condi will ever be a problem.

As for power… once a mob has under 50% of its HP… gravedigger spam is still a thing.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Originally I would say “tank”, but with the recent change to blighter’’s boon, I’m not as sure.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Allvar.3921

Allvar.3921

I don´t know about other guilds but, me and my guild will be using the reaper mostly as support/debuffer through blood magic and boon stripping.
At first we´ll be running good old berserker gear, because the necro/reaper is very tanky by default.
Well at least that´s what we plan on doing from what we saw in the beta.
If it´s good or not…. if it´ll even be working or not we´ll see once raids are out and we can start testing around

“Light shines brighter in the dark…”

(edited by Allvar.3921)

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

Damats, sustain, possible corruption

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Our place will be at the entrance, being kicked out of any PUGs just for being the worst class in this game, just like has been happening with necros and dungeons/fractals

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Originally I would say “tank”, but with the recent change to blighter’’s boon, I’m not as sure.

You could try a Death Magic minion build for “tanking”. I don’t think Blighter’s Boon is necessary, “Rise!” and the DM traits make you super tanky already.
The toughness increase from Flesh of the Master and maybe Corrupter’s Fervor (not sure if this is required) should be enough to hold aggro on bosses that go for highest toughness, so you can even stay on Berserker’s gear.

Edit: The problem is that Reaper needs to be in melee range for damage which might be a bit tough depending on how much pressure the raid bosses put out (BB might be good in that case). Also, Druids can’t heal you while in Shroud, that sucks.

(edited by Skoigoth.9238)

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Cephas, this is about the upcoming PvE raids, not WvW

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cephas.4293

Cephas.4293

Haha oops Just realized that!

Tarnished Coast
[OnS] Medaria Minnick – Reaper
The Mad Priest

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I don’t think Reaper will really have a role for now, just because from what we’ve seen Raids are still going to require things Reaper doesn’t have.

What Reaper could do, if it ever became a thing:
High DPS builds that are still tanky, and don’t require team help, for a potential situation where you would like 1-2 people to not be close enough to be really “with” the main group. Example would be a boss fight where mobs constantly spawn from a gate; Reaper would really easily be able to deal with this. The unique thing about Reaper is being able to be pretty tanky with high might/vuln/100% crit, you can basically reach max DPS without any help (short of unique buffs), and still have room for defensive stats/traits/utilities, and deal with a lot of enemies with GS/RS/shouts.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I think our place will be as some off tanker with minions + rise or a condition cleanser in a heavy condition boss using plague signet, Death magic and stuff.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Don’t the bosses take long time ot burn down? That means a lot of time below 50% HP. With the Death trait line + Gravedigger I could see them being great for taking down bosses

Reaper's Place In Raids?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Don’t the bosses take long time ot burn down? That means a lot of time below 50% HP. With the Death trait line + Gravedigger I could see them being great for taking down bosses

GD isn’t actually that great DPS wise, it’s not bad but it’s not competitive with the 20k top end dps class are bringing.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast