Reaper tremendous fun. That is all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Finally roused myself to go back into the HoT maps and finish unlocking Reaper and I have to say the Greatsword skills are tremendous fun. Been running with minions and axe + focus and its just a burly ‘get in there and crush them while laughing maniacally’ experience clearing camps in WvW.

At some point I may even try out shouts .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Not sure how good they’ll be in WvW but I found myself surprised at how good shouts were in PVE. “Rise!” in particular can make you nigh unstoppable when fighting enough enemies.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

So true. Everything camp is fully upgraded on my bottom tier server. I spec to reaper just to faceroll the camps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Shouts in PvE and WvW are so freaking good….like you can be a more offensive based shout warrior with the amount of soft CC control you have at your disposal.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

Yup. I normally go for Suffer!, YAAW, and Rise!, with the flesh golem, Dagger/Focus, and Staff or GS. You go in as walking carnage incarnate.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

Reaper is fun to play agreed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Reaper’s the reason I bought HoT.

The class has not disappointed. The rest of them and the actual content of HoT have, though.

It’s extremely fun to play. Base necromancer was way too slow for me, but the reaper’s a blast with its higher pace. I know I’m in the minority, but I particularly like Reaper’s Onslaught and the constant movement resetting on kills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

“Rise!” in particular can make you nigh unstoppable when fighting enough enemies.”

I was in Orr and picked a fight with the Giant Champion – the one that throws out worms by the billion, and another necro joined me – we killed it with just two of us. It took what seemed forever, but eventually he ran out of worms and we kicked his hiney.

in Necromancer

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Reaper is fun yes. The only worthy thing to come with HoT imo. 90 euroes for a a new spec of an existing class.. guess who wont be spending money on GW2 anymore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

It really is the only thing I’m enjoying in the expansion. Total fun and although it takes a little more time to take some things down it just is a lot more engaging to fight with the Reaper, I’ve barely touched any other profession.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Loving the reaper in all game modes. Very powerful, good self stab & mobility, and it offers a very engaging gameplay compared to necros. Signet reapers are also a lot more fun to play than baseline signet necros thanks to reaper shroud.

I’m getting a tad worried now however as in PvP, double condi rev & bunker mesmer meta is slowly pushing reapers out of the comps. Robert Gee, please look into boosting reapers as I’m sure you can see how reapers are fading out in the high end PvP scene.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Loving the reaper in all game modes. Very powerful, good self stab & mobility, and it offers a very engaging gameplay compared to necros. Signet reapers are also a lot more fun to play than baseline signet necros thanks to reaper shroud.

I’m getting a tad worried now however as in PvP, double condi rev & bunker mesmer meta is slowly pushing reapers out of the comps. Robert Gee, please look into boosting reapers as I’m sure you can see how reapers are fading out in the high end PvP scene.

or don’t boost us. because power creep. Just lightly down tune the condi revs and bunker mesmers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Easily the best Elite for me, other than Glint (i love playing buff support) but it fels bundled with the new class… anyway, heaps of fun playing Reaper, one reason being that it’s a cloth-swathed character wielding a greatsword in melee and relying on magic for defense. I love breaking silly conventions against such.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

I just checked necro forum cause in wvw over 50% are necro atm. Maybe time to try one too

in Necromancer

Posted by: CIndeR.3479

CIndeR.3479

Rolled my first Necro in 2 years last week, specced Reaper and now I’m already maining him. I haven’t had this much fun with a class in a long time. Reaper4Life!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I’m told Reaper feels a little bit like Death Knight from WoW and Dark Knight from FFXIV, but to me it mostly feels like they “Fixed” shroud to be what I’d always envisioned it to be in my head.

I still especially love Blighter’s/Chilling Victory builds, just for the way they give a symbiotic vibe to the interaction between shroud and normal mode. The healing is really noticeable in shroud now, and you can build up life energy so darn fast with the greatsword, staff, and shouts that there are times in big PvE events when my shroud has gone from zero to full before my reduced recharge time has come back (bless GS 3, GS 4, GS 2, and a full spam of shouts on the right side of the bar. Bless them).

in Necromancer

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

Reaper is great. Shouts are really good too.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

(edited by revodeel.2651)

in Necromancer

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Yea, reaper can be unstoppable if you know how to keep up pressure on the tank meta. I wouldn’t use shouts personally, but I know a few builds that use them well.