Reaper vs Thief

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I don’t know about you guys, but one of the hardest fight is against a thief.

How will a Reaper fare against a thief?
Will the original Death Shroud be better than a Reaper Shroud?

DS has range instant fear range auto + aoe skill4 and taint shackles.

All of those seems a lot better against a thief than Reaper Shroud.

if we do go Reaper Shroud, what sort of weapons set will help?

I’m looking more at WvW solo roaming 1v1 against a thief

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

i say we will hair better since RS #3 will stop the headshot spam cutting into us. SInce it is also pulsing bountiful theft is less and issue. Also You have a way to cleave in RS so you can check when they are near and still do damage through stealth.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

Hmm, honestly I don’t really have that hard a problem with thieves since they’re so predictable. The axe #3 is an aoe that lets you know if they’re within the area or approaching and you can simply lure them in to use their Basilisk Venom. Pop Spectral armor go into KS and let them regen your life force as you hunt them down lol. Chill is a horrible condi to have on a thief over and over.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Pretty excited about Nightfall. The only problem is getting it off.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Not worried about thieves really, they should be afraid of us. Now we have access to damage that almost rivals warriors. I think thieves would try to stay at range now that we pretty much chill at will. Even if they get one chill off they still have to worry about poisons, vulnerability, blinds and the reaper itself.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

KashimKudal.2961

I do it all the time in PvP or WvW Roaming. Dark Pact is a heck of a skill, adding in more chills only makes my ability to stop thieves and make them even more predictable and easier to kill. I honestly hope the thieves get a specialization that makes them more versatile, because their current game play makes them painfully predictable. Although they get more rewarded for it in PvP with normalizes stats. In WvW if a thief doesn’t surprise me and down me immediately, 9/10 I’ll instakill him.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Only a few of those would be a real issue and the fact is still there that to do any real damage they have to get in our face. When they do they have to use cooldowns to get out because of all the chill. We also have better cleave so they cant sneak up on us a much. Reapers will fair much better. Especially a we can counter bask venom and head shot stpam with loads of stab.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

15s CD on withdraw, instantly cleanses all that chill.
The they just shadow step off and 5 seconds later are at another point.

Or they just blind chain you since all the attacks are slow as hell.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Nightfall counters blind by being aoe and putting your own blind down. Also GS #3 and RS#4 have so many hits blind wont effect them at all. Throw in a well or horn #5 and you are immune.

True they can do that but means they wasted time trying to take the point instead of being somewhere more useful. Sure they could get there fast enough but in the 10~20s they have been attempting to fight you they would have done more else where or the fight is lost by the time they arrive late. Also means they have use shadowstep or other cooldowns to drop the easily reapplied chill an dont have them for the next fight they are going to starting at a natural disadvantage and with less options.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

KashimKudal.2961

Nightfall counters blind by being aoe and putting your own blind down. Also GS #3 and RS#4 have so many hits blind wont effect them at all. Throw in a well or horn #5 and you are immune.

True they can do that but means they wasted time trying to take the point instead of being somewhere more useful. Sure they could get there fast enough but in the 10~20s they have been attempting to fight you they would have done more else where or the fight is lost by the time they arrive late. Also means they have use shadowstep or other cooldowns to drop the easily reapplied chill an dont have them for the next fight they are going to starting at a natural disadvantage and with less options.

Sig’s right you’d burn way to many CD’s trying to get away and cleanse chill as a core thief spec fighting a specialization that now wants to fight you upclose. Unless you’re going the easy cancer thief route which as soon as your chilled and caught will be a wrap. You have to engage at close range and ultimately take a damage spike. Keeping in mind that even if the GS is slow the Dagger isn’t and Dark Pact, Spinal Shivers on the focus by themselves will cause you to blow CD’s while we close in with GS or KS. That Dagger auto can still annihilate a thief nearly instantaneously. I hoped the thief specialization gives them some more versatility or magic oriented ninja stuff but with a rifle ( I assume that’s what thief is getting.) I imagine they’ll just have more ways to stealth and deal ranged burst damage then stealth to dagger for a backstab or something. Making them still just as predictable since the class by nature isn’t a brawler class but an ambush one.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Comus.7365

Comus.7365

we dont know what thieves get for elite spec yet.. so perhaps wait a little first.
but whatever it is will probably have to replace shortbow so probably means less mobility if they wanna use it.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

Keeping in mind that even if the GS is slow the Dagger isn’t and Dark Pact, Spinal Shivers on the focus by themselves will cause you to blow CD’s while we close in with GS or KS. .

What is this KS you keep mentioning? FYI, Reaper’s Shroud = RS

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

Withdraw cleanses cripple, chill and immobilise – it has a base CD of 15s, which after the skill changes will be reducible via traits. It also sends you back about 500. If the thief then chooses to disengage, it’s one shadowstep with the SB and they’re completely out of a reaper’s range.

Blackpowder is spammable, while our blind field isn’t. Our GS and RS attacks are extremely vulnerable to blinds because of the slowness.

In a straight up fight the Reaper has the advantage, but any thief with half a brain will not die to a reaper, since it can diengage at literally any moment, without blowing any long CD’s.

And if the thief is unable to kill you in melee, he can jsut sit at range and spam SB. That of course won’t exactly burst you down quickly, but there’s effectively nothing you can really do to counter him.

The concept of having lots of chill while lacking mobility is utterly flawed while other classes have movement abilities that are completely uneffected by movement impairing conditions – aka: every blink in the game.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

The problem will be timing reaper’s attack to land between thief’s evade frames, which is difficult to do even with auto attacks.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

In a 1 v 1 skirmish which finishes when one of the two is dead – a competent thief should win 9/10 times. In conquest, since you need to survive as long as help comes, reapers might be able to run around for long enough to live through a thief’s attacks. It will be a really powerful opponent, though, as will power rangers. Being shot at from 1500 range without good ranged options yourself is bout to be unpleasant.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

In a 1 v 1 skirmish which finishes when one of the two is dead – a competent thief should win 9/10 times. In conquest, since you need to survive as long as help comes, reapers might be able to run around for long enough to live through a thief’s attacks. It will be a really powerful opponent, though, as will power rangers. Being shot at from 1500 range without good ranged options yourself is bout to be unpleasant.

That is what I thought too. as a necro roamer, I find LB rangers and any type of thieves (except for pure condi thieves) hard to fight against.
Not that it is impossible to win, except with my current skill level, I win mayb 1 out of 3 encounters against decent thief/LB ranger.

which, not taking into account of their changes in HOT, is already going to get harder if DS becomes RS which is more melee and easier to kite. Losing that ranged fear is going to be a real pain.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

I think their best chance will be applying Blinds. It’ll wreck our long windup, high damage skills. I think if anything it’ll be a lot easier for us to shrug them off, or force them to disengage. Netting kills on us won’t be as easy.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

Well… if you know the thief is near you while stealthed, you could always just RS 4 about the place and down him (if he’s glass)

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’ve never been afraid of necro when I am on thief, maybe in PvP if I don’t notice you in time but I always try to kill necro early and it usually works, wells only last that long. Good thieves will kind own reaper while most power thieves are melee we can also kite and have the initiation advantage I doubt ranged build will not become stronger especially with the possibility of us getting rifle condition ones as well. It will all depend on how much LF you have and if you are worthy to fight solo if not we’ll just cripple/immobolize you and go away. All my point of views are from WvW/PvP I never based on self made duels.

Left alone yes necro can do a lot but we don’t leave you alone imo.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

I’ve never been afraid of necro when I am on thief, maybe in PvP if I don’t notice you in time but I always try to kill necro early and it usually works, wells only last that long. Good thieves will kind own reaper while most power thieves are melee we can also kite and have the initiation advantage I doubt ranged build will not become stronger especially with the possibility of us getting rifle condition ones as well. It will all depend on how much LF you have and if you are worthy to fight solo if not we’ll just cripple/immobolize you and go away. All my point of views are from WvW/PvP I never based on self made duels.

The point is now with reaper if you try to focus them first they are one of the hardest to take down thanks to the new skill set and again if left alone will do wonders due to the same new skill set.

Cant wait for the pvp meta to shake up though its so stale right now..

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

The point is now with reaper if you try to focus them first they are one of the hardest to take down thanks to the new skill set and again if left alone will do wonders due to the same new skill set.

Cant wait for the pvp meta to shake up though its so stale right now..

I don’t believe it you have to attack to sustain yourself taking Blighter’s Boon only secure a small portion of total LF,SK’s doom required SK…I main thief this doesn’t scare me a bit hell probably even on mesmer or guard as well. If you can’t survive first burst then you are good to go I’m not saying it’s useless or hopeless the meta will change tough now we have 3 modes.

Edit: I’m having a certain attraction to Blood Magic and siphon since it will finally work in DS hopefully Parasitic Contagion does as well but we still have no projectile destruction.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

The new and improved terromancer can kill a thief with 1 lucky fear.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Baiting his escape cooldowns and then bursting with some massive chill with cover condi may be interesting.

But honestly, if they get previewed traits, Reaper shouldn’t be a big problem for a Thief.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

The new and improved terromancer can kill a thief with 1 lucky fear.

Not even lucky. The RS fear is PBAoE :O

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

On a Necro build of any type I never have issues or fear a Thief, what i fear is 2 Thieves….

that will NOT change with Reaper, I can see them get me but Thief needs to be ready for a longer fight vs a Reaper and I can see them haveing huge issues with that. Pistol Thieves can created issues and if they get Rifle as there Elite there range advantage will be an issue.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Withdraw cleanses cripple, chill and immobilise – it has a base CD of 15s, which after the skill changes will be reducible via traits. It also sends you back about 500. If the thief then chooses to disengage, it’s one shadowstep with the SB and they’re completely out of a reaper’s range.

Blackpowder is spammable, while our blind field isn’t. Our GS and RS attacks are extremely vulnerable to blinds because of the slowness.

In a straight up fight the Reaper has the advantage, but any thief with half a brain will not die to a reaper, since it can diengage at literally any moment, without blowing any long CD’s.

And if the thief is unable to kill you in melee, he can jsut sit at range and spam SB. That of course won’t exactly burst you down quickly, but there’s effectively nothing you can really do to counter him.

The concept of having lots of chill while lacking mobility is utterly flawed while other classes have movement abilities that are completely uneffected by movement impairing conditions – aka: every blink in the game.

Do Thieves use Withdraw regularly? I thought most of them used hide in Shadows to stealth and clear damage condis, though I guess it’s a matter of preference on what set of condis (movement impairing or damage-dealing) they fear the most.

Also, Who says Reapers has to fight mostly Melee? I could totally see a Reaper condi build with Curses and either Blood or Death Magic (probably Death for Putrid Defense and Greater Marks, unless the Blood Magic changes are really good) that uses staff primarily to get most of their damage procing Chilling Death with skills like Chilblains and Reaper’s Mark, as well Sigil of Ice and crits with Chilling Nova and blinds with Chilling Darkness. Add Nightmare Runes to get that early fear chill to start the ball rolling, and that proc might just become the thief’s death knell.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

A terror mancer can run reaper just fine – literally the exact same setup as now, only instead of death magic, reaper.

You lose out on greater marks/fear on CC, but soul marks and staff master or whatever got merged in soul reaping, so it’s a fair trade.

Then in reaping you take all 3 chilling traits.

So yeah, condi necro isn’t seriously effected, but a power necro running GS will have the same mobility issues they have currently, only they no longer have a ranged DS.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

GS necro will be better off, that range closer on GS has a very short cooldown.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

GS necro will be better off, that range closer on GS has a very short cooldown.

there isn’t a range closer on GS if i remember right

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

against a bad thief, we will be fine, even vs a good one. But a patient thief will simply kill you. He will wait for you to burn your skills (however long it takes) then get your ds lower (knowing you can’t really refresh it in a 1 v 1 vs mobility, then just out last you with mobility. Once, you have blown your skills, blown your dodges, and have to rely on slow kitten attacks, you’re dead. Just like it is now.

nothing will change, other than thieves, in the new 3 trait line meta, will eat us even faster.

What does a necro get from adding 3 trait lines – uh, not really anything special. because no freaking GM in the third line will give us what we did not have now, whereas other classes will gain that skill they always wanted coupled with the build they have always ran because its already good. So they will go from already good to awesome, while we go from ok, to ok + a skill that does not really give us anything. hhahahah.

YEAH it’s good to be a necro. haha

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

against a bad thief, we will be fine, even vs a good one. But a patient thief will simply kill you. He will wait for you to burn your skills (however long it takes) then get your ds lower (knowing you can’t really refresh it in a 1 v 1 vs mobility, then just out last you with mobility. Once, you have blown your skills, blown your dodges, and have to rely on slow kitten attacks, you’re dead. Just like it is now.

nothing will change, other than thieves, in the new 3 trait line meta, will eat us even faster.

What does a necro get from adding 3 trait lines – uh, not really anything special. because no freaking GM in the third line will give us what we did not have now, whereas other classes will gain that skill they always wanted coupled with the build they have always ran because its already good. So they will go from already good to awesome, while we go from ok, to ok + a skill that does not really give us anything. hhahahah.

I totally agree with you.
A patient thief wins.
And that knowledge makes me sad.

There is no equal chance of winning for a necro.
a thief wins as long as he plays patiently.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

EremiteAngel.9765

and that has not changed with Reaper

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

I totally agree with you.
A patient thief wins.
And that knowledge makes me sad.

There is no equal chance of winning for a necro.
a thief wins as long as he plays patiently.

I did not even talk about the clears they have available while IN stealth, couple that with their new trait where they will take 50% less dmg while in stealth. Anet sure does have their biases. Slow attacks/skills means huge limitations and nothing new for us

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It depends on build, it is extremely easy to nearly one-shot thieves as MM while literally shrugging off the damage. With Reaper it will be even easier since if they accidentally get hit by just a single skill it is near instant death. The only build that is really annoying is perma stealth P/D, and even that won’t be as bad with the new condition removal.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

It depends on build, it is extremely easy to nearly one-shot thieves as MM while literally shrugging off the damage. With Reaper it will be even easier since if they accidentally get hit by just a single skill it is near instant death. The only build that is really annoying is perma stealth P/D, and even that won’t be as bad with the new condition removal.

The shout that removes condis? That will change little imo

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

No, as I play MM I now have Necromantic Corruption removing up to 6 conditions per 10 seconds now plus the instant my minions do get a hit on them it could, making any of the condis pretty awful against me, which was the issue I had with P/D before. So I will very easily be able to deal with thief builds, as only 1-2 hits from me forces them to use a lot of defenses, and I have a lot of untargeted AoE potentially.

My PvP Minion Build

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

No, as I play MM I now have Necromantic Corruption removing up to 6 conditions per 10 seconds now plus the instant my minions do get a hit on them it could, making any of the condis pretty awful against me, which was the issue I had with P/D before. So I will very easily be able to deal with thief builds, as only 1-2 hits from me forces them to use a lot of defenses, and I have a lot of untargeted AoE potentially.

Ahh ok. I have never really ran mm in wvw

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Do Thieves use Withdraw regularly? I thought most of them used hide in Shadows to stealth and clear damage condis, though I guess it’s a matter of preference on what set of condis (movement impairing or damage-dealing) they fear the most.

Also, Who says Reapers has to fight mostly Melee? I could totally see a Reaper condi build with Curses and either Blood or Death Magic (probably Death for Putrid Defense and Greater Marks, unless the Blood Magic changes are really good) that uses staff primarily to get most of their damage procing Chilling Death with skills like Chilblains and Reaper’s Mark, as well Sigil of Ice and crits with Chilling Nova and blinds with Chilling Darkness. Add Nightmare Runes to get that early fear chill to start the ball rolling, and that proc might just become the thief’s death knell.

A lot of thieves use withdraw even with D/P

Hate to admit it but the love for certain classes is painfully obvious

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Withdraw

15 sec 3 movement impairing condis Cleanse, an evade, A heal. Its like, biased..

And Pair it with stealth.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

StickerHappy.8052

What you say is true.

BUT

BUT BUT BUT

You gotta remember, a lot of people forget this:

CHILL ONLY AFFECTS HALF OF THE THIEVES’ kitten NAL (AKA, HEAL UTILITIES, ELITES) ONLY

Imo just #realtalk right here, what’s the sense of necros getting all that Chill Yet, It does not affect all classes equally

PLUS, the promotion of -33%/66% reduction towards movement impairing condis Traits?

I think its.. LOL.. Like I always say, What A joke.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Ahh ok. I have never really ran mm in wvw

Honestly for 1v1 and small team fights, it’s pretty decent…as long as the minions don’t go brain dead to the target. If using dagger main hand, you can get an 8 second immobolize on a target with rigor mortis from Bone Fiend and dagger 3. The Bone Minions hit like trucks, and if you run staff, combo well with chillblains to apply a lot of weakness. Flesh golem is just flesh golem, he’s mainly there to keep the enemy moving and not let them have a moments rest, and blood fiend will keep you nice and healthy. Use Death Shroud to absorb the burst and keep flesh wurm in your back pocket for if things get nasty and you’re good to go…but again, this all depends on if the AI doesn’t go bad.

Now then, incoming rant on thieves….

I hate thieves….scratch that….I despise thieves. If the entirety of the thief profession was deleted and replaced by a moa, I would love it, and I’m not ashamed to say I was happy when stealth was broken a couple days ago. Wish they had to wait as long as we did for some things to get it fixed. I hate their seemingly endless access to stealth, their ridiculous mobility, the stupid initiative system they have that lets them have no cooldowns on their weapons (yes I know it’s a global cooldown, but hey unlike them if I miss a skill, I can’t just wait 3-4 seconds and use it again) and not be affected by chill almost at all (since initiative isn’t affected by chill and they have ports out the butt), and most of all, I hate the entire playstyle the class is based around. The thief community in WvW and PvP is incredibly toxic and trolly, so that doesn’t help my opinion either. Out of all the sneaky sneaky assassin based characters I’ve played against in shooters, mobas and such games, thief in GW2 gets my award for most hated.

Now onto the actual Thread, Reaper I think will have a harder and easier time against thieves. Reaper I think will be tankier, so you can take more hits, and we do have our gapcloser on RS2. But it’s still going to come down to CCing the thief long enough to get the burst off. Otherwise he’ll just run away, get his initiative and health back, and then dive back in. Best thing you can do against a thief is bring a friend.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Chill has so little affect on thieves its not funny. Those who are thinking it will win them fights there are not knowledgeable. They work on inititive not cooldowns, which is zero affected by chill. They can dodge slow attacks easily.

I’m not saying we can fight them its just thinking that it will be easier is not correct.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

StickerHappy.8052

Chill has so little affect on thieves its not funny. Those who are thinking it will win them fights there are not knowledgeable. They work on inititive not cooldowns, which is zero affected by chill. They can dodge slow attacks easily.

I’m not saying we can fight them its just thinking that it will be easier is not correct.

Exactly.. This is really point on.. Yes necros will survive longer, but its just sad that the reaper mechanic is mostly if not all centered on chill, which again..Its a sad state for classes.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Thieves are absolutely affected by chill. Try to HSS with chill, or try to backstab someone while chilled. It might not feel like they are effected evenly, but they are still very much affected.

My PvP Minion Build

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

StickerHappy.8052

Thieves are absolutely affected by chill. Try to HSS with chill, or try to backstab someone while chilled. It might not feel like they are effected evenly, but they are still very much affected.

Yes I do agree, but the key word here is evenly, I mean I am not complaining or anything, for me it just sucks the the whole reaper mechanic for chill are affecting all classes evenly except 1. I think it’s just bad design.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Except chill isn’t at all even across every profession or build even if you disregard thief, never has been and likely never will be.

My PvP Minion Build

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Yo if we have to skills dedicated to remove movement conditions and not worshipping the RNG cleansing gods it’s for a reason they greatly affect thief if a spec gets an abundance of it and is not complete glass then it becomes a counter forcing a reset.

The Dhuumfire thread

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Gryph.8237

Why does every class have so many kitten clears? And why do the most mobile, high spike damage classes with stealth have the best heals in the game? Why can’t the necro have some kitten defenses other than ds, and some better ways to maintain condis on classes with so many clears.

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Ive had a ranger perma-chill build at it was always annoying how it does nothing distinguishable to thieves. Warriors and guardians also get good access to chill reduction to the point it does almost nothing if they trait for it unless you counter trait for very high + duration.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Reaper vs Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

In reaper shroud the skills aren’t slow at all.
2: If you manage to intterupt a heartseeker through black power (EASY)
3: Decent usage of pulls
4: Immob gets duration reduction with trait
5: LoS healing / Stab healing (if you wait for their steal to land ofc)

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.