Recognize this attack? [solved]

in Necromancer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Q:

Does anyone of you necro players recognize the attack the Platinum necro uses and do you know how he inflicts +20 bleed stacks with it ? (I couldn’t figure it out on my own)

Video 1
Video 2

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Necromancer

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Pretty sure in video 2 he cast epidemic on the golem near you.
For the First video, I think it is Also epidemic, I Just don’t see on Who he casted it.

Parabrezza

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

the first video based on the animation and how he gets vulnerability and weakness on himself says to me that it was epidemic with master of corruption traited.

as lucadiro said, the second video looks like the same spell. the player might be running a power/corruption/reaper setup with signet of spite and corruptions.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

The first video he clearly was attacking the guards of which you ran towards and he epi’d them. Pretty kitten clear.

The 2nd video he only had 3 stacks of bleeding on you… 25vuln stacks tho.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

The first video he clearly was attacking the guards of which you ran towards and he epi’d them. Pretty kitten clear.

There was 21 stacks of bleeding, he just got lucky with a condi clear and cleansed it half a second later. That 3 you are looking at is poison.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Thanks guys. At first I thought the animation didn’t match one of the condi transfer skills while testing it in the PVP lobby but now I know beter.

There was 21 stacks of bleeding, he just got lucky with a condi clear and cleansed it half a second later. That 3 you are looking at is poison.

Ye, I got lucky the 21 bleed stacks got nearly instant cleansed by either transmute (trait) or sigil of cleansing, later on he gave me another 3 stacks of bleeding though (Gideon didn’t mean the poison stacks) .

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Thanks guys. At first I thought the animation didn’t match one of the condi transfer skills while testing it in the PVP lobby but now I know beter.

Ye, I got lucky the 21 bleed stacks got nearly instant cleansed by either transmute (trait) or sigil of cleansing, later on he gave me another 3 stacks of bleeding though (Gideon didn’t mean the poison stacks) .

Oh right. That’s true. My bad.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Epidemic in both videos (the black splash animation).

Epi target in video 1 was the (green) guard in front of you and in video 2 the golem standing left to you (in video 2 it’s hard to see because of the high contrast and your chat window).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

I’m fairly certain it’d be epidemic. My first thought when I saw the title, though, is the rifle gun thing that’s going around.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

I’m fairly certain it’d be epidemic. My first thought when I saw the title, though, is the rifle gun thing that’s going around.

That’s PvE only. Can’t even be used in dungeons or fractals, or raids.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

That’s super interesting. For some reason I thought that Epidemic hit AFTER the animation, and not at the start of it.

WvW Necro