Reddit comment begging to be shared

in Necromancer

Posted by: killbourne.4035

killbourne.4035

To be clear i dont think many of the necro changes are bad and over-all i think necro’s will be in better shape than they are now.
HOWEVER…. considering the vast changes to the other classes, I think we will be left further in the dust than before. But that’s just my opinion right now, I’ll need to try out things 1st hand to be sure.

Enough ranting… cant you just feel the pent up frustration breaking loose in this comment?
Sincerest apologies if it is bad form to share these things here

“They butchered Condition Necromancer with Curses traitline changes.
They increased our self-condi application without giving us anything like Plague Blast. Vulherability on CC use is now significant harm and too short duration to be worth transfering.
They gave us a proc transfer. Yes, that’s right, a kittening proc on crit. Apply any 3 conditions to Necromancer now, may be 1 stack of bleeding, 3 seconds of cripple and 1 stack of Vulnerability, I will burn my transfer with next hit because I have no control over it. Even better, since we have many AoEs, I can even transfer it to some kittenty clone or pet.
Dhuumfire is not worth using again. Without last preview version Lingering Curse, it’s a pitiful, miserable burn on obvious long cast time skill which will drop before second stack is applied in PvP.
No changes to weaponsets. GG. Oh, besides nerfing Mark of Blood in PvE, because it was dominant in dungeons.
You nerf Barbaric Precision by a half. Excuse me?
Consume Conditions now puts you into combat whenever you use it. I guess our OOC mobility was too much.
You effecitvely made Path of Corruption, best trait you’ve given Necromancer since 2013, useless, same as Terror, because now we have to pick Master of Corruption to have any healing skill.
Soul Comprahension trait. I won’t even start…
Because we’re now being balanced around having Precision gear, you nerf us in WvW with this, since we need Dire gear to survive. Oh, and you also push Rabid Amulet in PvP, despite buffing conditions overall (Vitality more desireable) and Carrion being currently the go-to Condimancer amulet due to having some power and scalling with Shroud mechanic. And to make Rabid even more balanced, it sucks more with Barbed Precision.

in Necromancer

Posted by: killbourne.4035

killbourne.4035

Continued…
Rending Claws (Axe 1) is useless. Still. After 3 years.
Feast of Corruption (Scepter 3) is still an amazing Power skill slapped onto Condition-only weapon. It still generates pitiful amount of Life Force for it’s landing in PvP and applies no condition whatsoever, having astonishing synergy with even buffed Lingering Curse, which now increases condi duration of scepter skills by 100%! That’s whole 0% for FoC! Sounds great.
Putrid Mark (Staff 4) remains our only semi-reliable Blast Finisher. And didn’t get ally condition cleanse back, becahse reasons.
Life Siphon (Dagger 2) still has nearly 4 second cast time and 600 range. Shorten cast time, like you did with Rapid Fire? Nah, let it barely outheal Reataliation damage taken by those 9 hits.
Spinal Shivers (Focus 5) still with brilliant cast time and visible animation, so everybody can dodge it or kill Necromancer before he finishes that very skillful cast. You truly did your job making it viable here, thanks Arena Net.
Good job making Mark of Evasion a Downstate Magic (renamed from Blood Magic) minor. Now every time you dodge trying to avoid combat mode while running in PvE or anywhere else, mobs will trigger it and slow you down.
By the way, thanks for all the scalling defenses, blocks, evades and projectile reflects we get in the next patch! Godlike effort!
Now our allies can taste our Siphoning, too. Just make sure you have fast-hitting weapon, because 50 hp siphon every Hammer swing isn’t optimal. You know, Siphons still work only with multiple hits per second. Because Necromancer attacks quickly.
Fun thing: Our rezzes actually don’t rezz. And our amazing 4 seconds cast time Rezz on Signet-nobody-uses now does damage in the area!. Poke those stompers for 500 damage, let them feel our wrath! And put you into combat, by the way.
You nerf our only heal with a change that is a harsh punishment for healing under pressure and we’re still stuck with same PvP utilities, but now with even less build variety.
Finally, Parasitic Contagion, trait I was most excited about, got 33% nerf, hasn’t moved and you obviously balanced it around max potential with Epidemic.Guess what, balancing it around max potential is a reason why this trait absolutely kittening sucks on live servers in the first place.
Oh, and our Life Force generation remains the same. We have way TOO MUCH of it already, especially Condition Necromancer.
By the way, I agree with you, having any Life Force at start of PvP match would make us broken OP. Good thing we start with no profession mechanic and only defense, then
And we have a week to give you feedback while 70% of your changes would have to be changed and new ones introduced, fixing our weaponsets.
Oh, and guess what? These changes fix absolutely NOTHING for PvP and PvE, after 3 years.
Good job, bravo. It would’ve been a challenge to kitten it up even harder.
EDIT: Thanks for gold.
Let’s make sure that such treatment doesn’t remain unnoticed. Because if we don’t get changes NOW then When?"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aseity.9152

Aseity.9152

Continued…
Rending Claws (Axe 1) is useless. Still. After 3 years.
Feast of Corruption (Scepter 3) is still an amazing Power skill slapped onto Condition-only weapon. It still generates pitiful amount of Life Force for it’s landing in PvP and applies no condition whatsoever, having astonishing synergy with even buffed Lingering Curse, which now increases condi duration of scepter skills by 100%! That’s whole 0% for FoC! Sounds great.
Putrid Mark (Staff 4) remains our only semi-reliable Blast Finisher. And didn’t get ally condition cleanse back, becahse reasons.
Life Siphon (Dagger 2) still has nearly 4 second cast time and 600 range. Shorten cast time, like you did with Rapid Fire? Nah, let it barely outheal Reataliation damage taken by those 9 hits.
Spinal Shivers (Focus 5) still with brilliant cast time and visible animation, so everybody can dodge it or kill Necromancer before he finishes that very skillful cast. You truly did your job making it viable here, thanks Arena Net.
Good job making Mark of Evasion a Downstate Magic (renamed from Blood Magic) minor. Now every time you dodge trying to avoid combat mode while running in PvE or anywhere else, mobs will trigger it and slow you down.
By the way, thanks for all the scalling defenses, blocks, evades and projectile reflects we get in the next patch! Godlike effort!
Now our allies can taste our Siphoning, too. Just make sure you have fast-hitting weapon, because 50 hp siphon every Hammer swing isn’t optimal. You know, Siphons still work only with multiple hits per second. Because Necromancer attacks quickly.
Fun thing: Our rezzes actually don’t rezz. And our amazing 4 seconds cast time Rezz on Signet-nobody-uses now does damage in the area!. Poke those stompers for 500 damage, let them feel our wrath! And put you into combat, by the way.
You nerf our only heal with a change that is a harsh punishment for healing under pressure and we’re still stuck with same PvP utilities, but now with even less build variety.
Finally, Parasitic Contagion, trait I was most excited about, got 33% nerf, hasn’t moved and you obviously balanced it around max potential with Epidemic.Guess what, balancing it around max potential is a reason why this trait absolutely kittening sucks on live servers in the first place.
Oh, and our Life Force generation remains the same. We have way TOO MUCH of it already, especially Condition Necromancer.
By the way, I agree with you, having any Life Force at start of PvP match would make us broken OP. Good thing we start with no profession mechanic and only defense, then
And we have a week to give you feedback while 70% of your changes would have to be changed and new ones introduced, fixing our weaponsets.
Oh, and guess what? These changes fix absolutely NOTHING for PvP and PvE, after 3 years.
Good job, bravo. It would’ve been a challenge to kitten it up even harder.
EDIT: Thanks for gold.
Let’s make sure that such treatment doesn’t remain unnoticed. Because if we don’t get changes NOW then When?"

To be honest, I don’t even know if the developers who are in responsible for Necromancer class even checks the forums.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

To be honest, I don’t even know if the developers who are in responsible for Necromancer class even checks the forums.

Devs are checking the forums, but not the Necro devs.. They are the Revenant devs..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That’s why I posted it on reddit

Was ranty, but deserved.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Necromancer

Aseity.9152

That’s why I posted it on reddit

Was ranty, but deserved.

Same here regarding Consume Condition. Hope they do read it…

in Necromancer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Nice rant, read every word of it

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Then you’ve paid even less attention than you accuse the devs of. There were a lot of very obvious changes they made in response to our requests.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Great rant. Agree with everything said.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Then you’ve paid even less attention than you accuse the devs of. There were a lot of very obvious changes they made in response to our requests.

True we just have miscommunication with them as usual as they see the class differently.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Aseity.9152

Other than Blood Magic, I really don’t see much- especially with Necromancer’s mobility, axe issues, and amongst many other things. There were also unnecessary changes made, something the community never asked for and is now dealt with frustration.

Something is definitely wrong with dev’s actions when majority of the Necromancer players are upset . Not because people don’t like to adept to the changes (some), but because what the community were asking for wasn’t quiet well delivered as they expected.

You say a lot of obvious changes were made in response to the requests. I honestly don’t see it, especially in PvP scenario. Really like what they did with Blood Magic tree, but other than that, things gotten a lot of the people upset. All the forum threads speak for themselves.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Like devs would read this. I agree 100% with that, i think someone in high position inside Anet hate necromancers …

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Even if they take a look at necros forum, they wont change anything. Because

Anet hate necromancers …

in Necromancer

Aseity.9152

Not to mention the issues with Minions still…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightangel.3947

Nightangel.3947

You bring a lot of good points up and I’ve been on the forums all day looking for a better perspective on why on all these changes. btw do we know the siphon numbers and if it works off of conditions at all?

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

No heal in the game punishes you for using it like the new consume conditions does. Even if the vulnerability is 4 seconds. With the new ability for almost ALL classes to put out vulnerability. That stack can turn into a big problem and allow for people to simply wait for you to get low enough to heal and simply pile on more vulnerability that you helped them stack essentially. I love necromancer as it is my main class and I’ve found ways to work through the classes short comings through this games lifetime. However, punishing us for healing is ludicrous. Anet- You need to fix this.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

I can feel the frustration from the past years in relation to Necromancer. And I can also feel my heart sink slowly as I realize that the class will continue to be kicked down even further in the future. At this point, its the same concept of original necro: Give and take. Only the blows are so harsh, that standing is becoming increasingly difficult.

Gates did so well to try and help us become a better class, and through his efforts we gained many great things in blood magic. Too bad the base changes were lackluster and beat us down faster in the ground than we could attempt to stand. Maybe things will get better, but At this point, so many years of constant hurting only translates to the understanding of the inevitable.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

(edited by Loyo.8526)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Other than Blood Magic, I really don’t see much- especially with Necromancer’s mobility, axe issues, and amongst many other things. There were also unnecessary changes made, something the community never asked for and is now dealt with frustration.

Necromancer mobility will never change.

What we did get:
Axe’s trait got fixed as we wanted it to
Terror and LC no longer conflict
Curses now has use to non-condi builds
MM builds have a straight line through DM
DM also has another non-MM trait like we wanted
Blood magic has better support and a vampiric group buff
Plague was made a corruption and lich was a spectral
Signets had their CDs lowered
Staff now only has one trait and had a lot rolled into its baseline
Bloodthirst became baseline

And that doesn’t include the things that were already answered like we asked for in the first set of core specialization changes. I probably missed something in that as well.

I’d say quite a bit was responded to.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

What we did get:

This is still worse than what we have now and axe doesn’t deserve a nerf at all, it needs a buff. Or am I missing something?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

This is still worse than what we have now and axe doesn’t deserve a nerf at all, it needs a buff. Or am I missing something?

wondering about the same thing as well, i think its to encourage us to use rending claws or reaper’s touch(focus 4)
its to also to make it harder to get the damage bonuse in Lich/DS(with untrated life blast)
tho i dont understand why they make so much work for a mere 10% damage boost on the weakest power weapon to date

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genesis.7693

Genesis.7693

What we did get:

And that doesn’t include the things that were already answered like we asked for in the first set of core specialization changes. I probably missed something in that as well.

A lot was responded to yes, but the problem isn’t the amount of things they responded to, its HOW they responded to it. For example, yes for the most part people wanted Plague to be a corruption and Lich to be Spectral, but why do they inherently have to come with nerfs?

They shaved 5 seconds off of Lich form and gave it 15% life force once you exit but most of the time if you go into Lich you get focused down and die unless you kill the other side first. They basically made it so that if you take Lich you’d want to take Spectral Mastery to bring the duration to the same amount as it was before but Vital Persistence is a trait that’s just too good to pass since the decay rate of DS being slowed is extremely useful.

We did also ask for them to fix the axe trait and they did, but we also asked them and keep on asking them to fix the weapon itself but they haven’t.

Signets had their cooldowns lowered but their effects were reduced as well. Like for Plague Signet. The patch will introduce new conditions like slow making the amount of conditions that can be stacked on a person higher, but they instead reduce the number of transferable conditions to 5 at a time. Same treatment that Corrupt Boon got way back when. I don’t see Anet doing the same thing for things like say Guardian’s Contemplation of Purity. That skill is a stunbreaker, it heals, AND converts absolutely all conditions on the guardian to boons, yet we can only convert 5 boons to conditions, or transfer 5 conditions at a time. These comparisons show that something is wrong with how they balance us vs everyone else.

Sure Necros will probably be in a better spot come the new patch relative to themselves, but so will every other class, and we have to compare how much we get with this patch compared to everyone else and then we’ll really see that we’re being gutted…yet again.

Edelweíss – Necro Exclusive

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

@Bhawb Scaling defense,utilities in DS,Parasitic Contagion in DS,ranged defense just some,AoE boon hate,low LF gain on condition specs etc. We got some improvements but in the process losses as well and we need to compare necro competitively not to it self.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Read the whole thing and 100% agree and there is even more to rant about…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

in Necromancer

OMNIBUS.2913

wondering about the same thing as well, i think its to encourage us to use rending claws or reaper’s touch(focus 4)
its to also to make it harder to get the damage bonuse in Lich/DS(with untrated life blast)
tho i dont understand why they make so much work for a mere 10% damage boost on the weakest power weapon to date

Yea i don’t get it either. They need to make axe 900 range on #1 and 2 imo. This wouldn’t even make axe great, but it wont feel as terrible that way. And it will ease my pain of watching the new animation for axe as well :p I also think it would fit more with focus’s new 1200 range as baseline( if you wana use them together).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

Spoj said it before that axe would be a perfect siphon weapon which i kind of wanna mention

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Can’t believe i made the mistake of expecting some optimism when checking the feedback. This is like the reaper reveal but much worse.

Every single trait that Has changed is actually a buff. For the first time in 3 years i am actually having trouble figuring out what build i will go with. The proc transfer is something i wasnt expecting, yes it could transfer things like cripple, 1 stack of vulns and 1 stack of bleeding but really? thats how you are going to look at it? thats the definition of glass half empty, actually this is pretty much glass virtually empty.

Consider p/d full condi thief, in my experience one of the most irritating thieves to fight and can also be one of the longest duels you’ll find. All of them pretty much start with a huge condi burst, they don’t waste time by applying conditions in small doses, are you saying a plague on crit isn’t game changing in that scenario?

Also you can actually time when you want to proc the signet. If you know that the signet is up you can work it into your attack pattern by delaying your hits when fighting condition builds instead racing to get in every single hit possible. Calm down, wait for condis, then start your burst.

If you re using rending claws, then your build must be broken, with 2 weapon sets, short ghastly claws cd and Shroud personally i don’t even have much of an opportunity to use axe auto.

I dont know how path of corruption is suddenly useless when it hasnt changed.

These are just a few of the many things wrong with the complaints. If still having trouble seeing how beneficial the changes are then changing mains might be the best solution.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The 10% damage applies to all damage done to vulnerable targets, regardless of whether you even have an axe equipped. Meaning with this trait you can even use staff + DS to have an even stronger LB build than before.

@Bhawb Scaling defense,utilities in DS,Parasitic Contagion in DS,ranged defense just some,AoE boon hate,low LF gain on condition specs etc. We got some improvements but in the process losses as well and we need to compare necro competitively not to it self.

Just because some things weren’t fixed doesn’t make the huge number of good fixes irrelevant. There was no way they were going to fix literally everything we want in one patch. Also, we did get better scaling defense, we got AoE boon hate, certainly not enough but we did get some of it.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

The 10% damage applies to all damage done to vulnerable targets, regardless of whether you even have an axe equipped. Meaning with this trait you can even use staff + DS to have an even stronger LB build than before.

Just because some things weren’t fixed doesn’t make the huge number of good fixes irrelevant. There was no way they were going to fix literally everything we want in one patch. Also, we did get better scaling defense, we got AoE boon hate, certainly not enough but we did get some of it.

If this is supposed to be big for necro and it came in 3 years so for most of the needed changes…

3 more years to go.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Aseity.9152

What we did get:

Hi,

Necromancer mobility will never change? Very wrong, ANET has made small changes in the past and has done so in the upcoming expansion (increasing swiftness duration on Warhorn 5 and small dash on new Reaper Shroud 2). They are minor, but it happened with enough complaints and voice to be heard. The community need to keep up so more changes like this can happen.

Name me one person in high level PvP play who still uses Axe. Axe 1 does minor damage with delay and Axe 2 can be countered by simply dodging. Even in PvE, many big theorycrafters and guilds prefer to just spam dagger auto instead of using Axe. It will become even more useless once Reaper is out, where Greatsword can just cleave and Axe cannot. Axe is the least favored weapon so far in Power play and always will if better changes are not made. Period.

Who cares about the axe trait. It’s always been there with only minor improvements. Increase in damage itself isn’t enough.

Curse trait line using non-condition builds isn’t always a good thing. Think about it. Oh yes, diversity- but look at all the forum posts going around how the new trait has confused and upset a lot of the PvP Necromancers.

No one asked for Lich and Plague to have its own type. This is a change ANET made on its own to balance things. No one really asked for it, especially the cooldown and self condition in Plague form.

Yeah Bloodthirst, a trait people often got regardless in PvP.

Oh wow, signet recharge reduction. Hooray. Too bad most signets are already 60 second cooldown. How much more useful can it get. Of all the things they can make things more useful, they chose signet over mobility, axe, minions, etc. Fantastic.

And don’t even get me started on minions…as high rated players have said on stream…

…minions are still unreliable, can’t believe we are going years into a game with minions without a minion control button. They can never get minions to act properly because you have to sometimes disengage, or engage another target…and they will never do that. It’s a choice, it’s not about AI.

So no, I’d say a lot of things were in fact NOT responded to other than Blood Magic being the only major change. Many people are complaining about same thing on places like Reddit; developers need better connection with the community to make more reliable changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The issue is that all the buffs, while quite nice (I sure love the vast majority of the changes), the nerf to Consume Conditions is so massive that it overshadows all of that. We now have a skill slot where we don’t have a good option to fill it.

The nerfs to our elites also hurt, but in comparison aren’t as big a deal.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Aseity.9152

Yeah, but at a horribly slow rate and changes that aren’t enough. Honestly, how long did it take for ANET to give cleave to dagger, something the forums and Reddit has been crying about for years?

Long story short, they can do better. We appreciate the time and effort developers put in to bring changes, but it is not enough.

in Necromancer

OMNIBUS.2913

Thank god its not as bad as I thought.

in Necromancer

Aseity.9152

Too bad axe is still the least favored weapon. I can’t find anyone to ever use this, especially in PvE. Maybe in PvP to burst someone down, but you might as well just go Reaper for Power build. Same with dungeons and fractals, Axe has no cleave.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The issue is that all the buffs, while quite nice (I sure love the vast majority of the changes), the nerf to Consume Conditions is so massive that it overshadows all of that. We now have a skill slot where we don’t have a good option to fill it.

The nerfs to our elites also hurt, but in comparison aren’t as big a deal.

I couldnt agree more with that statement. I dont know about the other necro players but if it wasnt for the CC (and to a lesser extent for the plague and Lich) nerf, i would have been rather happy about the changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Too bad axe is still the least favored weapon. I can’t find anyone to ever use this, especially in PvE. Maybe in PvP to burst someone down, but you might as well just go Reaper for Power build. Same with dungeons and fractals, Axe has no cleave.

Ohh the trait will have its uses in pve but only without axe. A 10% damage modifer is not to shappy. I dont think we will see it in pvp at all. The spinal shivers proc it too good there.

in Necromancer

Aseity.9152

Ohh the trait will have its uses in pve but only without axe. A 10% damage modifer is not to shappy. I dont think we will see it in pvp at all. The spinal shivers proc it too good there.

Agreed. Thumbs up.

in Necromancer

OMNIBUS.2913

The trait is not as bad as i thought but axe itself is still a poor weapon i agree. :[

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Remember a few months ago when I wanted to organize a group necromancer boycott…….

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I wasn’t even suprised when this comment got reddit gold.