Remove Executioner's Scythe when negated

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Like seriously. If you use Executioner’s Scythe and enemy dodges it, why is there still an aoe after it? Most of you will probably call me an idiot, but there is nothing idiotic in counterplay.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Like seriously. If you use Executioner’s Scythe and enemy dodges it, why is there still an aoe after it? Most of you will probably call me an idiot, but there is nothing idiotic in counterplay.

Because the field has nothing to do with the strike impact. There are a lot of skills like that. I don’t exactly love where Reaper is atm, but this isn’t really the place to target.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Dunno, it just seems weird to me. Opinions I guess.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Works the same way as Guardian hammer auto. Just because the attack doesn’t hit anything doesn’t mean the Symbol isn’t created.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Oh nuuu, i ele, didnt hit anyone with the first tick of my lavatomb/meteor….

I guess its only fair for the other 35x meteors to dissapear….

Or another example.
Oh nuuu, i thief didnt hit anything with blind bullet, no stealth field me.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Because the skill is basically an AoE-field with a single tick of damage when placed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Im more annoyed by the fact that the field is unblockable

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Im more annoyed by the fact that the field is unblockable

The field being unblockable is counterplay in itself, depending on perspective. It allows you to Executioner’s Scythe a shield-blocking Revenant that’s trying to reset to keep him from doing so, at the loss of the on-hit effect and stun. Seems reasonable at times to me.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Or another example.

Frankly a thief SHOULDN’T get the stealth field if you don’t hit your target. It being called blind bullet…no hitting, no field should form. A miss should shatter the thief’s chances of resetting the fight.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Or another example.

Frankly a thief SHOULDN’T get the stealth field if you don’t hit your target. It being called blind bullet…no hitting, no field should form. A miss should shatter the thief’s chances of resetting the fight.

The field is the main part of the skill through, the shot comes afterwards.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Or another example.

The field doest form from the shot hitting. The shot blinds because it is a 100% projectile finisher that starts with a smoke field (worded for clarity of mechanics). Working as intended (and cleverly imo).

Also to OP, dodging to ‘negate a skill’ is not the same as interrupting/canceling a skills effect. Don’t say “when negated” and then appeal to a dodging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The attack also isn’t “targeted” in the traditional sense. It is essentially an AoE attack with a 1 target limit, so even if the person you are targeting dodges, if there is some other unlucky schmuck in the area they’ll be hit by it instead.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

The attack also isn’t “targeted” in the traditional sense. It is essentially an AoE attack with a 1 target limit, so even if the person you are targeting dodges, if there is some other unlucky schmuck in the area they’ll be hit by it instead.

Also unfortunately works in reverse, where you could target someone at the edge of the radius, but if someone is placed more optimally, it will stun them instead.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Also unfortunately works in reverse, where you could target someone at the edge of the radius, but if someone is placed more optimally, it will stun them instead.

Can’t check atm, but I’m fairly certain it was at least supposed to first attempt to hit your target and if that can’t happen then check for other targets starting at the center. So unless I’m wrong (totally possible), or you meant something else its at least something you can play around.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build