Rename Soul Reaping trait line?

in Necromancer

Posted by: xgalaxy.7402

xgalaxy.7402

Feel like this could be a point of confusion for new players.
Plus it seems kind of sloppy to have:
Trait line: Soul Reaping
Trait line: Reaper

I dunno. I think it needs to be renamed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

if you think that’s confusing, look at the ele trait line “arcana,” not only is it constantly confused with the ele skill set “arcane,” but even on the dev livestream introducing the core specialization system the dev’s confused the two, and no one caught the mistake!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Good point. They probably could have come up with something more unique than reaper to avoid confusion.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

New player will not be able to get the Reaper trait line at all. From what i know all elite specializations are level 80 only. So unless you go in spvp you should have played the necro atleast some time…

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I see where you are coming from, but new players won’t see that traitline until level 80. Hopefully they separate the two like “Hey this is your normal traitline and this is your elite spec traitline”

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It’s not that bad. It’s like… A starter’s discipline, or core discipline (as it actually is in this case). First the necromancer starts with standard soul reaping. Later they master it by becoming a reaper and can forgo those aspects or embrace them when becoming a full Reaper. I think it has charm to it in a learning/ school of magic context. It say we embrace it. Feels cooler that getting something from left field.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)