Request for Demonic Lore

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

This is one trait I’d like to see expanded a little bit in its functionality. With the Scourge Necro’s getting a lot more access to Torment, but still in order to use this trait you’re either going to have to blow a utility/shade skill or use Scepter 3. It’s okay but honestly what I really wanted from Scourge was another ‘non damaging condi to damaging condi’ type trait to open up some more unconventional condi build options. My dream was actually something like this…

Demonic Lore

Applying Vulnerability over the stack threshold applies Torment.
Vulnerability Threshold: 10
Torment x 1 for 6 seconds
1s ICD

Suddenly, BAM, axe becomes a weapon you can go condi with and Necro gets some torment application outside of mostly Scourge skills.

(edited by Treetoptrickster.4205)

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

See I’m dead against making weapons that are supposed to be one thing, into another. Take Greatsword for instance. Power weapon but it has become a condi weapon because of traits, which disgusts me more than afk engi turret farming. No thanks.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Treetoptrickster.4205

See I’m dead against making weapons that are supposed to be one thing, into another. Take Greatsword for instance. Power weapon but it has become a condi weapon because of traits, which disgusts me more than afk engi turret farming. No thanks.

I’m into it cuz I wanna be able to create different fantasies/themes with my characters. Scourge is about burning and torment but necro’s other condi weapons are about bleeding/poison/chill which don’t fit as well. With a trait that allowed for more condi options like the one above, it opens up that window. You could take axe as a torment weapon that fits the scourge somewhat.

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Please no. Deathly chill was a mess because it was incompatible with any other chill source. Then it was a mess because they turned it into weak-kitten bleed to fix previous mess. Now it is cancer because to fix previous mess they turned it into 3 bleeds, and suddenly stupidly standing in ice field hoping enemy doesn’t move or your ele won’t override it became a thing. kitten this. Leave damage to damaging condis.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Please no. Deathly chill was a mess because it was incompatible with any other chill source. Then it was a mess because they turned it into weak-kitten bleed to fix previous mess. Now it is cancer because to fix previous mess they turned it into 3 bleeds, and suddenly stupidly standing in ice field hoping enemy doesn’t move or your ele won’t override it became a thing. kitten this. Leave damage to damaging condis.

They designed Deathly Chill to compensate necromancer for their stupid useless field combos.

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

They designed Deathly Chill to compensate necromancer for their stupid useless field combos.

Maybe. Point is, it was an example of non-damaging condition made into damaging one and failing miserably on the level of basic design.

If OP ideas are implemented, what will happen with application when stacks are at 25? Because chances are, somewhere in code it doesn’t count as application – only refresh. I don’ know for sure. But if it is this way, we will get another broken-ass trait.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

….Necros does not need damage at all, which is why i semi agreed with someone on my post about scourge possibly being the master of condi

Necros needs more survivability and mobility than anything else and more importantly and invuln stage like the rest of the classes, and no i wouldn’t mind trading in some of our damage for it

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

No… I love Demonic lore as is. We don’t need to try and make a weapon designed for power into a condi weapon when we already have an amazing weapon for condi already. Also, Burning is far superior to Torment… Plus it has the 33% Damage bonus on torment as its passive effect. I Want this in my life…

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Treetoptrickster.4205

No… I love Demonic lore as is. We don’t need to try and make a weapon designed for power into a condi weapon when we already have an amazing weapon for condi already. Also, Burning is far superior to Torment… Plus it has the 33% Damage bonus on torment as its passive effect. I Want this in my life…

I’m not trying to specifically make axe a condi weapon, but I’d love to take it with the Scourge just because I like it more with the scourge’s theme. Don’t really want to be poisoning people with my scourge so I don’t wanna be made to use a scepter or staff. I just figured that a trait that allowed torment application through more of necro’s already existing skills would be more broadly applicable as a condi boost trait. Current Demonic Lore is sexy, but I just didn’t like how it’s only gonna work reliably (normal boon corrupt into torment being unreliable) because of the new scourge stuff or if you’re wielding scepter.

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Treetoptrickster.4205

Maybe. Point is, it was an example of non-damaging condition made into damaging one and failing miserably on the level of basic design.

If OP ideas are implemented, what will happen with application when stacks are at 25? Because chances are, somewhere in code it doesn’t count as application – only refresh. I don’ know for sure. But if it is this way, we will get another broken-ass trait.

Even if that’s the case I’m sure it would be possible to code it to proc in that situation too. Just have it read when vulnerability is attempting to be applied, check if the target has more than 10 vuln already, and apply torment if that’s the case. Ignore the next part if buggy was what you meant by broken, but if you meant that this trait would be too strong I wanna know why. A potential 6 stacks of Torment with no expertise for constantly applying Vuln to someone already above 10 doesn’t seem over the top to me.

(edited by Treetoptrickster.4205)

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

After the PoF Power builds will be made with Reaper and Condition builds with Scourge.
There’s no need to force a trait only to make it work with a Power build when everything on the scourge scream “Conditions!”.

Yes, a Power build with the Scourge should be interesting, but there’s still a chance to play Power using the Dagger/Warhorn, eventually in the old vampiric bunker build, making it work using defensive equipment and still being useful for someone spamming barriers and few heals (with blood magic trait).

Like in other classes, that elite will be made for Condition players. Guardian, Revenant and Mesmer obtained a Condition elite, then the already existing one will be made even more for Power damage. At the same way Thief and Warrior will obtain an even more Power oriented elite because they’re already existing elite is good enough to grant them to inflict high/good condition damage.

The Reaper will be reworked and the only trait that make us able to inflict damage (Deathly Chill) will inflict Power damage instead of Bleed, making condition builds impossible with that elite and forcing players to chose it for power builds.

Make the Axe viable for a Condition build is not the answer, it’s a Power weapon and there’s no need to make it a hybrid one or waste a trait to make it barely viable for a elite that don’t need it.

Request for Demonic Lore

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m not trying to specifically make axe a condi weapon, but I’d love to take it with the Scourge just because I like it more with the scourge’s theme. Don’t really want to be poisoning people with my scourge so I don’t wanna be made to use a scepter or staff. I just figured that a trait that allowed torment application through more of necro’s already existing skills would be more broadly applicable as a condi boost trait. Current Demonic Lore is sexy, but I just didn’t like how it’s only gonna work reliably (normal boon corrupt into torment being unreliable) because of the new scourge stuff or if you’re wielding scepter.

So we are getting 4 skills that grant unconditional torment. Both Torch Skills, Desert Shroud, and Trail of Anguish. Not to mention conditional torment application through Terrifying Descent and Master of Corruption’s Blood is power we have. Along with non-conditional torment such as Feast of corruption, Plaguelands, and Signet of Spite. There is going to be no shortage of torment on the scourge. Not only that but Boons are more common in the expansion that I’ve noticed. New enemies use swiftness quite frequently as well as protection, might and fury.

What you’re asking is actually to make the Trait much weaker. As it would require condi Scourges to take spite. As it is now, it is the strongest DPS boosting trait for condi we may have ever had aside from maybe Lingering curse.