Returning player, leveling help.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sind.5798

Sind.5798

Hello

I havent played since release of this game, and know Id like to level a necro so im ready for the expansion. But I have no idea where to start, what weapons do i go with, what build is optimal for leveling? And its gonna be solo most of the time, since if i recall correctly lower zones are ghost towns. I tried to look at the sticky PvE necro guide, but most of that is 1 year old and im pretty sure some things have changed,

Hit me with every good bit of advice you got, thanks in advance.

Sincerly,

in Necromancer

Posted by: MatsTeixeira.5823

MatsTeixeira.5823

Well my english is not the best but here goes :
1 – Find a good guild
2 – Lvl on open map and make events
3 – if you have gems buy a outfit you like, that way you look the same 1-80
4 – After get lvl 35 – go to lvl on mist – pvp
5 – a lot of events in world , heart of the mist WvW Zone lvl you to 80 fast since you have there the same PVE gear and rank system
6 – Buy exoctics weapons and clothes
7 – Lot of loot rewards for sell or to craft
8 – you only achive a powerfull build only to 80, until that choose best for you,
9 – Open the maps, waipoints and views
10 – Now that you are 80 buy good gear and open 80 zones
11 – choose a good build to 80 and start by low books traings, skills you can by them in skill trader

I lvl my other gardian and necro there…
Hope helps

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Do the personal story, heart quests, gather materials , explore, tag along with zergs in WvW, join any event in progress, refine materials salvaged or gathered in crafting.

Do not try to only grind mobs. Map completion will level you the fastest.

Any weapons and armor is fine but only power, toughness, and vitality will do anything constructive until you are close to L80.

Always eat food for the stat and XP boost.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)