Returning player question (equip/build).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I am returning to GW2 after almost a year out. Played quite a lot but burned out and did not even got HoT until yesterday.
Now I have spent some time looking around and found following:
- my old main WAR …. I do not enjoy now… Berserker specialization simply does not do it for me
- my even older main MES – still very bad in what I like (see below)
So I have decided to get a new main… after some thinking, reading and watching videos I have decided Reaper is what I like most.

As for now I am just running around in old Tyria getting HP (my necro was leveled through WvW back then so lev 80 but 0 map progress…:) so I can actually use Reaper spec before moving on.

Now on topic: I have enough ascended materials to craft 1 armor set. My original thought was – ok I will craft Zojja set, use GS and gor Reaper/SoulReaping/Spite…. but then I have seen some videos where Valkyre is suggested – and it makes sense…. but after that I have seen some condi build with Viper set&Scepter and it seems to work really good too… nad seems to be current “meta”

So what set/build I should go for? I am mostly solo player – 70% open world PvE, 20% WvW zerg/roaming, 10% fractals was my track record before.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nesfarro.1265

Nesfarro.1265

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnMbCt0g10AW2A0bilaBLeLWGPjUth5w1CKBEAmBA-ThRBABXt/o8zMlgU8EAwTfAAnCAKV/BA-e

try this one. I personally dont like the valkyre set ideas cus necro has enough hp anyway (20k base + 30k hp in shroud when traited).

Done every map with my build (maybe switch some skills depending on the situation). Also running fractals up to 100 with is without any problem. Dont know much about WvW tho.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

thanx it is quite similar to what I have come with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnc0AV2gtbCmbC0biFcBLuKuFLjQDgAQLgqL0GeWA-TxRBABPcBAuS5HN7PAwDAwMlg4pDgS1fAA-e

Tested it yesterday (not complete – have just first trait in Reaper tree yet) and having a blast

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Go with Vipers.

It works for everything but zerging in wvw but that can be helped with a cheap valk/berserker/soldier set/mix alt set you could swap to on the fly.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140