Revenant Getting What We've Always Wanted?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I just wanted to say. One time; I suggested a trait for necromancer that said “Break stuns when entering Death Shroud”. And everyone jumped ALL over me with how broken OP it’d be. But I don’t see how it’s any more OP than stun breaking with legend swap. O.o

Well I only saw one stun break out of all their bar skills and it was their elite. So it still stands at this point. Plus they can’t just flash their legends like we can flash DS. If they use it to stunbreak it is a more significant choice.

They’re preemptive in that way. Stability on dodge roll. Cc break on swap/elite. And I’m pretty sure they will have other cc breaks we haven’t seen yet. We haven’t seen any offensive/squishy power legends which is likely where those will be. They have traits based around breaking ccs.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mallyx is more like necro on crack. Slowly kills himself due to no condi removal. Can’t get out of CC due to no stunbreaks but it has everything i wanted in necro.
Apart from that elite has its limits (transfer every 3 sec, condi duration capped at 3 sec).
So while mallyx looks awesome on first glance, it has necros vulnerabilities x10.

Also is it confirmed/denied that revenant can’t choose utility skills? Arrows are there but they could be for changing skill location only.

They have a trait that stun breaks on legend swap

Yes but when the swap legend they lose their access to resistance (currently all sources of resistance are on mallyx) and apart from the 1 second casttime heal and the legend swap trait they have no condition removel (yet). So unless they will get more legends with condtionremovel or traits, they will meld to conditions outside of mallyx. And a good boon removel+fearchain will force them out of mallyx.

Honestly while condition revenants may become the bane of most other condition builds, a condtion necromancer should (atleast in theory) destroy them.

But ofc that is only speculation until the release alot things can change…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I just wanted to say. One time; I suggested a trait for necromancer that said “Break stuns when entering Death Shroud”. And everyone jumped ALL over me with how broken OP it’d be. But I don’t see how it’s any more OP than stun breaking with legend swap. O.o

Well I only saw one stun break out of all their bar skills and it was their elite. So it still stands at this point. Plus they can’t just flash their legends like we can flash DS. If they use it to stunbreak it is a more significant choice.

They’re preemptive in that way. Stability on dodge roll. Cc break on swap/elite. And I’m pretty sure they will have other cc breaks we haven’t seen yet. We haven’t seen any offensive/squishy power legends which is likely where those will be. They have traits based around breaking ccs.

Sure, but it’s still op for us. To be determined for revenants.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Just because I want everybody to jump out of their skin, I’ll say it :

“On the POI it appeared that there weren’t any coold down on legend swap.”

Even DS have a cool down. I thought for myself : “wtf no cool down on legend swap? really? and it proc signet? Are they serious?” This demo is almost like an april fool prank.
On the character, there were shaman stat armor, knight trinket and cele weapon → absolutely no damage setup. It’s like they bet a diner for trying to be efficient with this setup or they they thought
- “let have a balance setup healing/condi, let gear in shaman!”
- “but, we gota show the power hammer…”
- “Oh… why not some knight trinket?”
- “yeah good idea!”

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Their stunbreak on elite is no cooldown aswell.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

@ Traited stunbreak on legend swap: What muchacho said.

Also Legend swap “in combat” is on 10sec cd (at ~0:55 min into the youtube video ).
Zero cd is out of Combat and while elite has a stunbreak component, it is only on Jalis, has 2.75 sec cast time and 50 energy cost.

So yeah, mallyx might be good condi offense or some kind of “condi retal” playstyle but it is succeptible to (hard-) cc and forcing someone out of mallyx disables the condi manipulation for atleast 10 sec. So you kind of have to play around it, like you want to condi bomb eles after they leave water.

I think necro will stay king of conditions simply because the class has access to transfer but i might underrate the effects of resistance here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I’m jealous already :>

Anet, PLZ don’t forget us poor necro’s

with the change in stability my build is pretty much destroyed. i’d say with the exception of greatsword that neglect has already happened.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

I’m jealous already :>

Anet, PLZ don’t forget us poor necro’s

with the change in stability my build is pretty much destroyed. i’d say with the exception of greatsword that neglect has already happened.

We don’t know how stability will be changed on skills. For all we know, your build may end up even stronger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Nope, go beat yourself up,
Anet will add those new toys in specialization, so the old necro will be easily forgotten.

History proves itself, after 2.5 years of balancing all classes actually become much weaker, so don’t expect them to suddenly get stronger any time soon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

What’s bother me is if i want to play rev either i’ll need 2 sets of armor, play hybrid or celestial, it’s not very attractive on this point look very limited.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

What’s bother me is if i want to play rev either i’ll need 2 sets of armor, play hybrid or celestial, it’s not very attractive on this point look very limited.

what the hell are you talking about?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

What we saw wasn’t the whole class. I believe they have at least 1 more set of weapons and 2 more legendary summons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Revenant will use power in PvE just like everyone else.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

I’m talking about the REVENANT, you know? A Revenant may choose 2 legends that can be condition damage and/or power, you’ll have to have 2 armors/weapons/trinkets to switch between depending where you go(pve, wvw) unless you want to play hybrid that mean celestial or mixed armor like in the video. Understand?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’m talking about the REVENANT, you know? A Revenant may choose 2 legends that can be condition damage and/or power, you’ll have to have 2 armors/weapons/trinkets to switch between depending where you go(pve, wvw) unless you want to play hybrid that mean celestial or mixed armor like in the video. Understand?

Why would you choose 2 legends that don’t synergize with one another though?

Players already deal with this in the current game. You don’t see too many Necromancers walking around with an axe in one hand and a scepter in the other.

It’s a very safe bet that one of the legends will either be a hybrid weapon or a utility weapon just like Staff is for Necromancer. Something useful for power or condi builds.

in Necromancer

RashanDale.3609

I still dont understand why you feel like youre forced to play hybrid with the revenant. If you want to go for power, then Im pretty sure youll be able to find two legends that fit this playstyle. No need to use condition damage-legends.

The same goes for condition damage builds of course.

Or are you complaining that probably not every legend will work well in a power OR condition setup?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I still dont understand why you feel like youre forced to play hybrid with the revenant. If you want to go for power, then Im pretty sure youll be able to find two legends that fit this playstyle. No need to use condition damage-legends.

The same goes for condition damage builds of course.

Or are you complaining that probably not every legend will work well in a power OR condition setup?

He means only 4 legends condi,power,tank,heal. Kind of like ele but it wasn’t a problem for them it won’t for revenant just stay on power legend and have the other as back up if you want to gear power. Still waiting more info on HoT pve type hope it’s a continuation of progress from Silverwastes.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

The legends are more about utility than what type of gear you will use. So for PvE you might not even use the power legend but you would still use berserkers. And this is simply because the other legends have better utility.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The legends are more about utility than what type of gear you will use. So for PvE you might not even use the power legend but you would still use berserkers. And this is simply because the other legends have better utility.

This. It is pretty sure that the last two legends are Shiro (so mobility/thief stuff) and Glint (no clue, but it’ll be dragon-y).

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

This. It is pretty sure that the last two legends are Shiro (so mobility/thief stuff) and Glint (no clue, but it’ll be dragon-y).

Glint i can understand but why is shiro so likely?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

They prefer the duel wielding long haired asian assasin over other possibilities and Rytlock sword skill.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

They prefer the duel wielding long haired asian assasin over other possibilities and Rytlock sword skill.

Anet or the players?

I dont think the sword skills Rytlock displayed are any hint for shiro more how sword main hand will work.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Because we’ve already seen a set of thief-looking skills on one of the videos, and Shiro is the most “legendary” thief in GW.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Prominent and popular major villain from factions. Plus hes the perfect fit for a dps/mobility/assassin type legend. I would be surprised if he wasnt one of the legends. But then again it is still purely speculation so we could be completely wrong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It is kind of hilarious that the new class has boon removal, has the ability to control conditions, has genuine sustain, has the ability control opponents, has a ton of unblockable stuff and is mobile in combat.

It is exactly what necromancer should of been. Necromancer is fundamentally flawed to me. The whole class needs to be reworked and almost redesigned. The only hope for that was an expansion. Seriously, we should be very glad we are getting an expansion. It is the only way necromancer will get any of the changes required. Hopefully….and I mean this sincerely…..hopefully we can get a necromancer which is a bit more fun to use than the current flawed version. A working set of minions, corruption skills which matter, blood magic siphoning options. Death shroud generation which is on EVERY weapon and every trait line.

The only chance we have for a fun necro is this expansion. Secondly, if they do not fix necromancer we can just all roll revenant. I probably will just ditch necro completely. Revenent seems 100% my play style (because it is the necro play style) so we can just all reroll to a class which hopefully isn’t broken and whose expectations aren’t SO low that it is the worst class in almost every aspect of the game (and has been for most of the 2.5 yrs of the game)

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Revenant will use power in PvE just like everyone else.

Power? You must be living in the past my good lad! My Revenant will spec for Carrion and then spec for 40% crit with fury. sips tea

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

Because we’ve already seen a set of thief-looking skills on one of the videos, and Shiro is the most “legendary” thief in GW.

Err… actually Vizu is the most Legendary Thief. She backstabbed Shiro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Geralt of Rivia Legendary.

Become a Master in Sword and Women.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

It is kind of hilarious that the new class has boon removal, has the ability to control conditions, has genuine sustain, has the ability control opponents, has a ton of unblockable stuff and is mobile in combat.

It is exactly what necromancer should of been. Necromancer is fundamentally flawed to me. The whole class needs to be reworked and almost redesigned. The only hope for that was an expansion. Seriously, we should be very glad we are getting an expansion. It is the only way necromancer will get any of the changes required. Hopefully….and I mean this sincerely…..hopefully we can get a necromancer which is a bit more fun to use than the current flawed version. A working set of minions, corruption skills which matter, blood magic siphoning options. Death shroud generation which is on EVERY weapon and every trait line.

The only chance we have for a fun necro is this expansion. Secondly, if they do not fix necromancer we can just all roll revenant. I probably will just ditch necro completely. Revenent seems 100% my play style (because it is the necro play style) so we can just all reroll to a class which hopefully isn’t broken and whose expectations aren’t SO low that it is the worst class in almost every aspect of the game (and has been for most of the 2.5 yrs of the game)

I think you have sand in your kitten, there’s nothing wrong with the necromancer profession, we are n1, we do kitten all victims and we have our lord and saviour Nos to prove it.

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

I think you have sand in your kitten, there’s nothing wrong with the necromancer profession, we are n1, we do kitten all victims and we have our lord and saviour Nos to prove it.

Nos is a great player, but he is no proof of anything other than maybe the NA meta being less hostile to necros or The Abjured being vastly superior to everyone else as a team. Same with PvE, where necro sucks like no other.

One guy and one team are not a proof in a game of hundreds of thousands.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pulsicle.3192

Pulsicle.3192

I like this thread. It has everything a good class, forum thread should have.

I look forward to where every necromancer, in WvW, will make a determined charge stright to the revenant for the vindictive justice. Just for the lols.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I look forward to where every necromancer, in WvW, will make a determined charge stright to the revenant for the vindictive justice. Just for the lols.

Well, Mallyx revenants will pop like balloons to necros packing boon stripping, so…

Granted, it depends with what the rest of the legends bring to the table as well as some traits.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Well, Mallyx revenants will pop like balloons to necros packing boon stripping, so…

Granted, it depends with what the rest of the legends bring to the table as well as some traits.

I still want to use epidemic on a Mallyx-User in a group-fight. Oh you absorbed your mate’s conditions? Thanks for letting me put. every. single. one. back. On ALL of them!

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Longtime players of Guild wars 1 remember the nightfall beta:

Dervishes steamrolled through all Pvp with their OP abilities. But, by the time they made it into the game, Dervishes were a second tier profession: decent but somebody else was usually better.

Stuff like " no cool down on legend swap…". This will almost assuredly get fixed. Don’t fixate on the values and numbers, and instead look at the capabilities and potentials.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Longtime players of Guild wars 1 remember the nightfall beta:

Dervishes steamrolled through all Pvp with their OP abilities. But, by the time they made it into the game, Dervishes were a second tier profession: decent but somebody else was usually better.

Stuff like " no cool down on legend swap…". This will almost assuredly get fixed. Don’t fixate on the values and numbers, and instead look at the capabilities and potentials.

There is a cooldown on legend swap in combat, just like weapon swap (and pet swap for Rangers).

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: zcearo.1897

zcearo.1897

short answer to the OP ; no .

my necro dosn’t do conditions . in fact as i improve my particular build based on my own trial and error my condition damage stat approaches zero .

necros deal with flesh , not spirit . so , revenant and necro are 2 very different things .

by the way my necro is beastly . including party buffs . it did take me a bit to work it out and i can see why people have trouble with it . personally i have trouble with thief , it’s just not my style . but , i don’t see how necro should be looked down on or is neglected somehow . maybe if you are following out dated build guides or something ? i don’t know i don’t use guides .

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I have literally no recollection of who she is.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

The assasin’s girl in the story line mission when you’re going to see the emperor. Thannakai temple mission.

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

She’s the chick in this cinematic.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

My point is more that Shiro is a very memorable and “big” character in the franchise. He was a big boss and also a memorable encounter for a lot of people.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

They should just make my GW1 character as legend. :P She killed all of these amateur bosses you mentioned.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cloudz.6890

Cloudz.6890

To be fair, even though she killed Shiro it was his scream that made the Jade Sea turn to Jade. Also there’s Echovald Forest. Long after her death his still had an effect on the world, and still (presumably) does.

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

To be fair, even though she killed Shiro it was his scream that made the Jade Sea turn to Jade. Also there’s Echovald Forest. Long after her death his still had an effect on the world, and still (presumably) does.

Not that I care but She helped defeat him. Twice! No one even remembered King Jalis till they mentioned his name as one of the Legends. And also just so you know that I’m just being a devil’s advocate and I’d also totally be okay with Shiro, here’s my list of proposed skills and Legends (one of these will get you guys riled up hehe);

Shiro Tagachi / Kanaxai: – DPS
Heal skill: Meditation of the Reaper – Heal yourself for 5k health. If someone nearby is down or defeated, heal for 3k more.
Shiro’ken Swords: Summon multiple swords to strike your target
Battle Scars – Whilst this stance is active, attacks against you give might and vigor. 3secs. Break stun.
Riposting Shadows – Stealth and shadowstep to your target. Your next five attacks do not reveal you.
Elite Skill: Impossible Odds. Take no direct damage for 3s. Gain Quickness and fury. All your attacks deal additional damage. Buff duration 15s

Palawa Joko/Lich/ Rotscale/Zoldrak:
Heal skill: Taste of Death: Heal for 4k. If a minion is active, heal for an additional 3k and destroy one minion.
Animate Undead – Summon 3 minions that attack your target
Deafening Roar – Stun foes within a 360 radius. Stunned foes take additional damage from minions. Stun Break.
Order of the Lich – Give all minions regeneration and protection
Elite Skill: Enrage Minion. All minions you have become Golems

Glint:
Heal Skill: Crystal Hibernation: Encase yourself in Crystal and heal yourself overtime for 3s. The crystal absorbs 4000 damage.
Crystal Bonds: Immoblize your foe in crystal
Crystal Wave: remove all conditions from target foe. Deal 500 damage for each condition removed.
Jagged Crystal Skin: Foes that attack you in melee take additional damage. Stun Break.
Elite: Dragon’s Breath: Burn all the things.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Yeah… Palawa joko creep me. For what we know he could still be (dead)alive and kicking. Also I know glint is a pretty popular choice but it would hurt a lot of possibilities in the storyline (like the egg being a back up for it’s spirit).
For a supportive legend, i would root for Sogolon which was already a legendary paragon in nightfall with enough fame that one of the henchman npc was named after him. He also has his ashes used by the ritualists.

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

Yeah… Palawa joko creep me. For what we know he could still be (dead)alive and kicking. Also I know glint is a pretty popular choice but it would hurt a lot of possibilities in the storyline (like the egg being a back up for it’s spirit).
For a supportive legend, i would root for Sogolon which was already a legendary paragon in nightfall with enough fame that one of the henchman npc was named after him. He also has his ashes used by the ritualists.

Oh yea, there has to be at least one support character. My bad. What about

Zhu Hanuku
Heal Skill: Ocean’s Breeze – Heal yourself for 5k health and allies within a 360 radius for 2k health.
Jadeite Storm: Deal damage and apply bleeding, blindness and slow to foes in target area.
Armour of Jade: Cover yourself and allies in Jade armour. Gain 10 Stacks of Stability for 5s and 3s of protection. Allies within 360 radius gain 5 stacks of Stability and protection as well. Stun Break
Shield of Jade: Block all incoming attacks for 3s.
Elite: Light of Ressurection; channel this skill for 5s, if you pull it off, ressurect all dead party members in the area and teleport them to you or instantly rally all downed party members.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Palawa Joko practically rules Elona right now. That’s actually canon.

Glint is popular for a lot of reasons. First, she’s one of the most influential figures of Tyria’s past. Second, Rytlock himself knew her and, if he would channel anyone, it would most likely be her. Third, we already have screenshots of her silhouette over Rytlock.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Dirame.8521

Glint is popular for a lot of reasons. First, she’s one of the most influential figures of Tyria’s past. Second, Rytlock himself knew her and, if he would channel anyone, it would most likely be her. Third, we already have screenshots of her silhouette over Rytlock.

That could just be a Rytlock skill though.

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

I understand all of this but you gotta take into consideration all the mysteries around glint egg. Which is not something you can push away saying : “Na! nobody care!”. If this egg is a mean for glint to resurect then there is absolutely no point in revenant channeling it’s spirit.

Beside didn’t they said that at the moment only mallyx and Jalis were decided? An hint for another legend that isn’t yet decided is a bit strange.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I highly, highly doubt that Glint would be resurrected. That’s just not something that happens in Guild Wars. Literally the only case of resurrection we have had was Rurik, who begged us to kill him.

No, Glint’s egg is a new dragon, like Gleam (Glint’s child who had hatched before Eye of the North) was. Specifically a dragon who is friendly (or at least, not hostile) to the races of Tyria.

And they never said only Jallis and Mallyx were decided. They said they were the only ones that were at a point where they were ready to show them off. Big difference.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

RashanDale.3609

No, Glint’s egg is a new dragon, like Gleam (Glint’s child who had hatched before Eye of the North) was. Specifically a dragon who is friendly (or at least, not hostile) to the races of Tyria.

Weird, she doesnt look like a dragon ;-)

Gunnar’s Hold