Rework Elite Skill Plague

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xiehr the Scorpio.4167

Xiehr the Scorpio.4167

So with the Reaper specialization coming out, it’d be a great time for Anet to rework the elite skill, Plague, which by all accounts is pretty much weak and useless outside of a stomp aide and “oh let me prolong my death” button.

It lacks the synergy and effectiveness with condi builds that the Lich Form has with power builds. For all intents and purposes, it’s rather weak for an elite with 180 sec cool down. Honestly, it could have some potential with the Reaper if it would automatically apply:
1. Bleeding
2. Poison
3. Burning
4. Weakness
5. Cripple

Then you should be able to choose to pulse:
1. Blind and Fear (defensive)
2. Torment and Confusion (offensive)
3. Chill and Vulnerability (support offense)
4. Siphon conditions from allies
4b. Send conditions to surrounding foes.

Before you say that’s too many conditions, just remember how easy it is for the Reaper to do 5-10k direct dmg every 2-3 secs on a power build or more. Plague should really have better synergy with condi builds.

My point is that Anet should rework it so that people want to bring it rather than equipping it because nothing else works with their build.*

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xiehr the Scorpio.4167

Xiehr the Scorpio.4167

Or pulse a skill that converts boons on enemies into conditions with a duration multiplier of 150% so you’re just a Well of Corruption with longer durations.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I think we should just not see plague as a condition elite, but as a support elite. Cover the whole place with your blinds and weakness and your allies are safe. In can be strong in team fights. I do think it can still get a (small) boost. Something about boon corruption would make a lot of sense thematically and isn’t OP for a 180s elite.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Other classes can permablind without losing 97% of thier dps output. Sandstorm, black powder, well of darkness for example.

Blind is easy to get, plague needs something diffrent.

(edited by Norjena.5172)