Rise my chicken army!

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

As Anet said that they might change the minions created by Rise I thought it would be nice if it summoned undead chickens instead. They only use that model for one eventchain and minis. I think the model looks a lot better than the current minions and would like to see more of it as I like it. It has decent abilities as an enemy already(an auto, a leap and a aoe selfdestruct explosion). with new dmg-numbers to fit it ofc. I would be fine with it just leaping onto an enemy and exploding right away.

This would be good if a bunch of people stacked on top of you as they get hit by multiple explosions. It would probably be good if the explosions caused a bit of bleed (which the risen chicken does) or poison for condipeople. An absolutely terrible but fun idea would be to let them be the most uncontrollable blast finisher, which could be fine as you can spawn up to five so at least one hits.
Also this would most likely make this skill useless as a minion skill but it summoning jagged horrors now it’s already a bad minion skill.

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I dont know why everyone is against jagged horrors on " Rise. "

They actually seem to stay on target, apply a steady stream of bleeding for condi necromancers and can be a great burst with the death nova trait.

WvW- Drop wells, cast rise then jump into Reaper Shroud. That’ll be some crazy burst.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

That’s mostly because they look like smaller bone minions, have really low health and if they somehow survive dmg they die anyway as their health ticks down to fast for them to do anything useful. While the lich form summon against 1 target could get some halfdecent bleeds with 5 of them, one per target from Rise is quite bad. They are only really good as deathnova fodder. That makes them really boring as minions.

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They actually seem to stay on target, apply a steady stream of bleeding for condi necromancers and can be a great burst with the death nova trait.

They are too similar to Bone Minions, Rise! is directly worse than Bone Minions in every situation, even when you hit 5 targets, except for a Condi build and for cheesing with Death Nova. They also don’t work well for full MM builds because of the disparity between what Rise! needs (5 targets) and what MM needs (as few enemies as possible) to be fully effective. So the only time Rise! will be useful is for condi MM, a really niche build that probably doesn’t want to go Reaper, and maybe cheese builds using both Rise! and Bone Minions.

Rise! just doesn’t work with current minions. Most of the utility minions would just be too strong, Bone Fiends would give 10 projectile finishers every 3s for example, Flesh Golem would be insane, and Jagged is took weak.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

We’ll see in the beta. But if they are too similar to bone minions that is a big problem.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

They are too similar to Bone Minions, Rise! is directly worse than Bone Minions in every situation, even when you hit 5 targets, except for a Condi build and for cheesing with Death Nova. They also don’t work well for full MM builds because of the disparity between what Rise! needs (5 targets) and what MM needs (as few enemies as possible) to be fully effective. So the only time Rise! will be useful is for condi MM, a really niche build that probably doesn’t want to go Reaper, and maybe cheese builds using both Rise! and Bone Minions.

Rise! just doesn’t work with current minions. Most of the utility minions would just be too strong, Bone Fiends would give 10 projectile finishers every 3s for example, Flesh Golem would be insane, and Jagged is took weak.

The problem with a Death nova poison build is you’d want your minions to die. But it doesn’t work very well because minion cool downs are too high, require too much investment from the user and can’t sustain their damage. Which is why I agree with you.

Shambling Horrors would actually help to remedy at least part of the problem or having them spawn bone minions that you can use putrid explosion with. But even that doesn’t work because its 40 SECOND COOL DOWN! which is just insanely high!

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

for some reason I read the rise as rice…until i triple checked

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

for some reason I read the rise as rice…until i triple checked

someone was hungry…

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

its cause jagged horrors are squishy and can be killed easy… if they had like a add effect like leaving a jagged field after death that gives torment or something maybe i would like it…. but we already have a skill that summon jagged horrors and its on lich form… if lich form didnt delete minnions on transform we would see this on mm more….but i would like to see fleshreaver.. i dont care how squishy they will be…to me i think a scare factor of have2-5 behind u would scare ur enemy a bit

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Lich wouldn’t be seen on any good MM build, Flesh Golem is too important.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Personally, I’m thinking “Arise” should just be scrapped entirely and we get a different shout in its place.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Etaoin.4362

Etaoin.4362

Huh, came in expecting an ATHF reference.

Rise my chicken army!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Regardless of functionality, I want the skin to be chickens. Plox

Fishsticks