Rise! - suggestions

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I did not have much time with Reaper but really did not like Jagged Horror. It has no utility as it can be kited too easily. I understand the potential for the bleeds on JH but would rather have the CC from Aatxe.

My second choice would be Bone Fiend for the ranged attacks.

Both suggestions need a new version that decays over time, of course. The Jagged Horror coding was already done but the Horrors still suffer functional problems with low toughness against PvE bosses and low mobility against PvP opponents.

Edit :
A simpler fix room Rise! may be to just change the attack range and speed on Jh. Increase range to avoid some AoE and reduce kiting. Increase attack speed to increase bleed damage.

Jagged Horrors are only used on Rise, Mm trait (?), and Lich so a numbers adjustment is simple.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

I think jagged horrors themselves need a bit of an overhaul.

An idea I played with after doing the Karka Queen event the other day, was to make Horrors more like undead Karka hatchlings. That attach to your body and explode after a duration.

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Put Rise on Superior Rune of the Lich.

Lich runes didn’t get updates on the last pass, when every other rune in the game did, and are currently the worst runes in the game.

If you did this, you could make MM army by either taking Rise and Lich runes, or by taking regular MM and Lich runes.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

make a new jagged horror that applies chill on hit. DONE! chilling horror op

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

minions itself need and overhaul – then those skills would maybe become stronger …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I think jagged horrors in general could be made less kitten if they’d automatically use putrid explosion, like the bone minion’s active and a leap/charge skill they use when they come near their target.

But that wouldnt make! Rise any more interesting. It would be just a shout with some delayed but otherwise unoriginal explosions.

Goldenrevolver

Isnt the problem that it takes them ages to spawn, remember why theyre here, then to finally attack and even hit something?

I’d like to keep the minion summoning mechanic. Dota 2’s Undying has a somewhat similar skill and that one is pretty cool.
But i think it needs a different minion, way faster reaction/spawn time, and probably an additional condition caused by the shout that allows the minions to hit stuff easier. AoE cripple with Grasping Dead’s animation would fit the shout pretty well.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

I think jagged horrors in general could be made less kitten if they’d automatically use putrid explosion, like the bone minion’s active and a leap/charge skill they use when they come near their target.

But that wouldnt make! Rise any more interesting. It would be just a shout with some delayed but otherwise unoriginal explosions.

Goldenrevolver

isnt the problem that it takes them ages to finally attack and to actually hit something then?

I’d like to keep the minion summoning mechanic. Dota 2’s Undying has a somewhat similar skill and that one is pretty cool.
But i think it needs a different minion, way faster reaction/spawn time and probably an additional condition caused by the shout that allows the minions to hit stuff easier. AoE cripple with Grasping Dead’s animation would fit the shout pretty well.

sry for the sarcasm but i dont think anet even has the possibilitys to make minions work. the engine just doesnt allow it. there is no way to make minions behave like we want them too in every situation without control button like ranger has.

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

sry for the sarcasm but i dont think anet even has the possibilitys to make minions work. the engine just doesnt allow it. there is no way to make minions behave like we want them too in every situation without control button like ranger has.

Why apologise to me? Theres nothing sarcastic about it. After 10+ Years of failing to make a somewhat good AI in Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2, it’s pretty obvious taht theyre incapable of doing that.

But can it really be that hard to speed up their animations and give them an attack order when the shout is cast? Right now it seems that they just let the normal AI figure it out for itself who to attack.

Gunnar’s Hold

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’m not sure if summoning up to 5 minions with one skill is going to work since the minions attack the target of the master.So the minion(s) can’t have a significant effect or the enemy is overwhelmed by sheer numbers. On top of that each minion is affected by all traits so they can’t persist too long. If you want to maintain the minion aspect while being a shout, I suggest that rise is a simple minion summoning skill with a shout as an active which uses your duration/traits/runes.

The minion I suggest is an undead raven which would become a cleaving melee minion. The active would be:
“You won’t escape” cast time 0 cooldown 30 seconds
Summon an ice patch on every foe hit:
damage on hit: 500~700
chill per pulse: 0.5 seconds
pulses: 4
duration 3 seconds.
radius:180~240
combo field: ice.
The cast time may be instant but the raven will do the cast instead of 1 second. The chill per pulse may be a bit low but the point is for the fields to either overlap and applying a lot of chill or be spread and leaving little space to manouvre.
I believe this will have some synergie with both reaper and minion master since the minion master is a control spec first with a lack of chill.

EverythingOP

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I played around a bit with rise yesterday and honestly…I think it might be my favorite shout now. Really just reduce the cool down to 30 seconds and give ALL jagged horrors death nova by default, and boom, you have a great shout for scaling encounters with massive stacking bleeds, AoE on death without having to invest in the death magic tree, great sustain for blood magic and even curses, and good AoE and cleave discouragement. And since the horrors spawn immediately on the shout hitting, there usually isn’t a problem with them not attacking.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Or….Give us an f2+ option that allows us to “pop” our minions when we have the Death Nova trait slotted. I had a minion bomber build in GW1 that was a lot of fun

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It just needs to be scrapped entirely. It’s trying too hard to be a DPS shout when the class desperately needs more combat utility.

A field that blocks projectiles, a mobility skill, another condi transfer or boon cleanse, a clone to effectively double our DPS, etc etc.

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Option 1 – Finisher shout. 300 or 400% more damage on foes below 20% health, spawns Flesh Golem that degenerates health when hit foe dies or goes into downstate.

Option 2 – Minion that Chills and has Ranged attack to assist Melee Reaper.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ingros.7801

Ingros.7801

Yesterday I decided to mess around as a MM reaper for kicks and man did my opinion of rise change. I went Death/Blood/Reaper with a staff/dagger.WH and you are pretty much a god in VB/ open world PvE.

It actually felt like being a MM in GW1 as I would be running around with 9-24 minions and anything that I attacked would just melt. With Well of Blood, Mark of Blood, and Transfusion you can keep your little horde alive for quite awile and when they die anything they die near suffers alot of poision stacks. My only complaint in PvE is that it is pretty much useless unless you are a MM.

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Yesterday I decided to mess around as a MM reaper for kicks and man did my opinion of rise change. I went Death/Blood/Reaper with a staff/dagger.WH and you are pretty much a god in VB/ open world PvE.

It actually felt like being a MM in GW1 as I would be running around with 9-24 minions and anything that I attacked would just melt. With Well of Blood, Mark of Blood, and Transfusion you can keep your little horde alive for quite awile and when they die anything they die near suffers alot of poision stacks. My only complaint in PvE is that it is pretty much useless unless you are a MM.

Really disagree on that one, I was running condi just messing around with the shouts and the amount of bleeds and poison I was getting was insane.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Rise! - suggestions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

I think it would be really cool if Rise actually raised the dead. Like say you have a bunch of corpses around you, you could press “Rise!” and it would summon 1-5 zombies depending on the cretures killed. They’ve already got undead models for every race and then some, should a corresponding model be missing it could just summon one of those spirit things.

C’mon Anet! We’re Necromancers! Give us some zombies!