Roaming build tweaks?

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Popcornpasta.7605

Popcornpasta.7605

Below is the build I’ve been using for WvW roaming. Seems to melt most opponents (except for rangers, both condi and power, which wreck me half the time and I can’t quite figure out how). Just wondering if there are any tweaks you guys would recommend to make it any better.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBLhZakjmybLuxxG+bTgLUS9DQvABQ0G9HMB5LA-TlyAABWoEEhHAAAm0AT5SVKp24IAM9+DGp+jGHCgtPBABAQAYmzsMjMA97B-w

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Ew, perplexity runes get rid of those for starters :P.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fREQNArYWjc0Ubb5NG3webibhSqgA6AYAm2oDhKYfB-TVyCABAcIAO+BAQ1+DYp04izAgPq/klyM90HMmSwAAIAMzZO0ZO0ZWIgFrBA-w

This is what I have been using for a very long time. Not much different from your build with a few exceptions. Having 2 stunbreakers as a roaming Necromancer makes a big difference, believe me. You have plenty of damage via Death Shroud and your weapon skills, you can sacrifice your utilities for mostly defensive purposes.

As for Rangers, yes, any power Ranger is a tough fight because they’ll just kite the sh_t out of you if they’re smart. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do the same. Use the environment to your advantage. Force them to make a choice, either they get within melee range or they forfeit and leave. As for trapper or condition/regen Rangers, you should have more than enough health/condition management to deal with them. In the build I use, I have 2 transfers so I usually wait until they put burning and/or a lot of bleed stacks on me before throwing it back at them then fearing them so they can’t cleanse or are forced to use a stunbreak.

And I never get tired of seeing them get feared from max range because of the rune proc. Same goes for Thieves which usually run with their tail between their legs when it happens :P. Gotta love getting backstabbed and turned to stone only to see the Thief immediately feared in the other direction then shadow stepping away from you.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Popcornpasta.7605

I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive about dropping the gold for perplexity without being able to test them in Pvp first. However, seeing 2k+ confusion hits once I have full guard/corruption stacks is pretty nice (not to mention the extra condi coverage). The double stunbreaks is something I may have to give a try though.

Ty for the ranger advice btw. I haven’t had so much trouble fighting them with any other class. The lack of blocks/reflects is pretty painful against them.

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Not a problem. Your build is actually pretty well fine in my opinion. Spectral Walk and Spectral Armor in your utility might be a safer choice as I’ve mentioned but otherwise there isn’t much that needs changing IMO. The biggest weakness of our spec is heavy CC and ranged oriented attackers like Rangers. Watch out for good hammer and/or mace Warriors, Medi-Guards and LB Rangers. All of those are pretty rough fights for a conditionmacer. I recommend avoiding heavy CC Warriors all together to be honest. They’re hard to bring down to begin with, throw a lot of CC in to the mix and they become a very dangerous fight for us. LB Rangers can be dealt with if you can get behind something. If they catch you in the open it’s usually GG because there isn’t anything you can do to get close to them before they kill you.. It sucks, I know, I had someone do it to me three times just a few days ago and I was this close to sending them a very angry message :P. And Medi-Guards aren’t usually too bad but they’re definitely a pain if you keep letting them get in your face. I’d say it’s the one build you should use Spectral Walk to fight instead of for a stunbreak as keeping them at range is the best option. Of course they’ll keep blinking to you but the harder it is for them to hit you the better.

Anyway, yeah though. Doesn’t need much work. Some people prefer Flesh Wurm over Spectral Walk but I find it to be better for PvP than WvW roaming. Take which ever you please though. And Plague is awesome if you happen to get zerged and all but when you think about it, it’s still not going to save you it’s just going to prolong the inevitable. I recommend Flesh Golem for roaming just because of it’s handy dandy knockdown and (when it decides to attack and not stand there AFK) it’s good physical damage pressure.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

He is using spectral walk. Popcorn your build looks fine. Change out the sigil of corruption and the sigil of doom and you should be all set. The utilities aren’t as important as the rest of it as you can just change them. You have plenty of swiftness and locust swarm, scepter 2, Staff 3 should let you kite just fine. Change your food though.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Popcornpasta.7605

The food is pretty bad, but it’s less than 1G for a 250 stack of both which is why I’m using them (I’m really cheap). As far as the sigils, do you mean swap the placement of corruption and doom or to change them out for something different entirely?

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I never Specc without 10pts into SR either in Condi or Power Builds and considering both your GrandMaster traits rely on some degree of Life Force I really dont like it here either, OP.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Popcornpasta.7605

@Ravezaar: I still have just under a 15k life force pool without points in SR. Granted, I can’t use deathshroud to facetank very much if the need arises, but this about as “full offense” as a terror build can be without using sinister or rampager stats. And I don’t typically hurt for LF during a fight; hit with corrupt boon if applicable, spite signet, go into DS, tainted shackles, doom, life blast, out of DS, scepter 3 to gain a good chunk of lifeforce.

And that’s not to mention that once someone leaves themself open for that combo they are all but guaranteed to go down (unless they are packing a ton of condi removal). Then I gain even more LF for stomping them =D

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Technically you aren’t full offense since your using mostly dire.

Yeah so the corruption sigil is ok I guess….. I would swap it for something else entirely and the doom sigil is just unnecessary since you have poison on scepter auto and staff 3.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Roaming build tweaks?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Below is the build I’ve been using for WvW roaming. Seems to melt most opponents (except for rangers, both condi and power, which wreck me half the time and I can’t quite figure out how). Just wondering if there are any tweaks you guys would recommend to make it any better.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBLhZakjmybLuxxG+bTgLUS9DQvABQ0G9HMB5LA-TlyAABWoEEhHAAAm0AT5SVKp24IAM9+DGp+jGHCgtPBABAQAYmzsMjMA97B-w

Hmm I’m going to offer quite a different approach of advice to other people but my playstyle tends to look very different to other necros, I’d say switch spectral walk to plague signet because its also a stun breaker but gives you much better condi control. Also personally although i can see you want warhorn for perplex (I also use perplex), dagger gives you another transfer and blind and the #5 skill works well with making a rotation. Lastly I’d say switch your food to +40% duration one, and btw personally instead of your doom sigil (because i think youve got more than enough poison) i run hydromancy – check out the secondary effect of chill itll surprise you if you arent already aware of it.

As for dealing with rangers again my advice will be quite different, they are a two-trick pony. First they will open up with that rapid fire skill, unlike me you have signet of spite so just blind them all the while running straight at them, then they will predictably use the knockback skill so dodge that basically almost as soon as theyre done with rapid fire. After that just stay in their face at melee range which will also help with landing your enfeeble trait and simply unload because the ranger will panick over you being so close and the fight is as good as done.

You should have no problem whatsoever against condi users IF you choose to run dagger (also you have staff #4) and plague signet.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia