Rune Inquiry

Rune Inquiry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maelwro.7562

Maelwro.7562

Hi folks,
I recently started playing the game (and necro) again, and I could use your advice on rune selection. I’ve got a set of ascended armor, so at all possible, I would prefer not to craft an additional set just for a different set of runes, so i’m looking for suggestions.

Primarily, I play open world, with a mix of WvW zerg/group and roaming. I do the occasional fractal every now and then as well. I’ve currently got traveler’s runes equipped, but i’ve been contemplating switching to strength (I play pretty much exclusively a power build).

Can you give any input as to what you would recommend, and why? And/or, are there any other rune combinations you would recommend for my playstyle. Much appreciated, thanks!

Rune Inquiry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

afflicted cuz u esplode wen ded and new necro meta = deadstate

Rune Inquiry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Traveller’s Runes are pretty good all around. Strength, Melandru, Scholar, and Pack are all great runesets for Power necro. Melandru is less useful in PvE, but can be very helpful in WvW.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Rune Inquiry

in Necromancer

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

MY selection of runes I tend to use are… Fire, Air… Scholar, Hoelbrak and Rage… Fire for might and burns, air for swiftness on heal and damage when hit, scholar for ferocity and 10% extra damage. Hoelbrak for might and reduced condition duration on self. Rage for fury and 5% damage with fury. Which you could get in death shroud. Well there’s my selection. For offensive useful runes for necromancer.

Rune Inquiry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Wait for HoT. Any runes you choose now will probably be expensive or take some time to get. Pretty serious changes are coming that may affect what runes you will want to use.

Rune Inquiry

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I use strength on my zerker set and traveler on my condi set.

[qT] Necro main.