Rune of Antitoxin and Corrupt Boon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Q:

I have yet to buy my set of Antitoxin runes but i have a question for anyone who might have them equipped already.

Does Corrupt Boon proc the 6th add-on?
(Gain 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds on incoming poison or torment (20s cooldown))

If they do, they would be the perfect rune for a tanky Terrormancer build (as 100% is still achievable with the new foods) with Dire armour, Rabid trinkets and Giver weapons specing 30/x/x/x/x.

It would mean the loss of 1 utility for Locust but would also mean a condiburst with 11 instant stacks of might.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I just think you would be better off with noble. It gives you 3 might on heal, and you can control when that occurs easy enough. And 40 percent might duration vs a reduction on condi duration seems like a better synergy too.

I don’t know if it procs on CB though

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

5 Stacks of might on Corrupt Boon & -24% duration would be much better then 4.2 stacks on heal IMO, it would kick in and affect the converted boons straight away rather then having to heal or before or after bursting. It would also mean i could heal when i need to rather then feeling pressured to preemptively heal to gain the bonuses.

I also think having -24% condition duration would provide much more of a long-term benefit then 40% might duration, as the might bonus is situational on only 4 things (blood to power, signet mastery, well of power and consume conditions) were-as the -% condition duration is permanently active.

The idea of this runes usage for me is to build a super tanky Terrormancer whilst losing no condition damage.

Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

5 Stacks of might on Corrupt Boon & -24% duration would be much better then 4.2 stacks on heal IMO, it would kick in and affect the converted boons straight away rather then having to heal or before or after bursting. It would also mean i could heal when i need to rather then feeling pressured to preemptively heal to gain the bonuses.

I also think having -24% condition duration would provide much more of a long-term benefit then 40% might duration, as the might bonus is situational on only 4 things (blood to power, signet mastery, well of power and consume conditions) were-as the -% condition duration is permanently active.

The idea of this runes usage for me is to build a super tanky Terrormancer whilst losing no condition damage.

Except that you forgot on swap Battle runes (with are almost 30 seconds of 3 might with the Noble runes), and reapers might, which is very accessible. A tanky build would most certainly be relying on that skill and could leverage the 40% duration.

I agree the condi duration is deceptively great though. Necro transfers conditions well, but when we are out of transfers, the reduction would be nice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Well with staff nerfs in every patch, we’ll have to give up on staff at one point. Most of us already only take it because it is the only 1200 range and only combo finisher for the class.

The minus condi duration stat on the runes will help with the loss of the staff 4 condition transfer.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Heh, that’s the first thing I wondered too. Seems like it would synergize well with all the corruption utilities actually — but then I still don’t know a whole lot about necro.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

Still looking for an answer if anyone has tested these runes!

Thanks!