Rune of Scavenging.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arianna.7642

Arianna.7642

Is kind of absurdly strong, or am I going crazy?
(1) +28 Condition Damage
(2) 5% chance when hit to steal Health on next attack
(3) +55 Condition Damage
(4) After using your healing skill, your next attack skill steals health
(5) +100 Condition Damage
(6) 7% of Vitality becomes Condition damage.

To me, this simply looks like a far better version of Rune of the Undead, combined with Vampirism. What the kitten?
Edited in: You lose out on ~50 Toughness, have the potential to gain more Condition damage, and have the loss in Toughness offset by the fact that the Leech is ~900 in both damage and heals. Stocking up on this before the price goes up?

(edited by Arianna.7642)

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Already got 6 on my rampager set. Kinda will be new staple in combo with carrion gear and on swap lifesteal runes.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Saschare.2049

Saschare.2049

A bow for Carrion Condimancers (and Nemesis with his Condimancer with big blood magic trait line :P). I somehow like it, but already got 5 sets of armor with me, and I will stick with my Rabid :P. Maybe someday (because I already use vampirism on my PTV armor).

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Yes they are straight better than undead. The proc gets burned in DS which is the only sad part, with no heal, but otherwise they are top 1-2 rune sets now.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I agree with ren they are a top condition damage rune. I wish they went with something different than copy and paste of Vampirisms 2 and 4 piece bonus. The 6 is decent though.

Myself am in full dire(loving it) 30/20/0/0/20 and I am running the Runes of the Traveler basically for the 4 and 6 piece sets. Its a condition damage loss from the perplex I was running but I like it so far I don’t usually run locust signet but having the extra movement and extra condi duration is nice the 15% boon duration isn’t really a big factor.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I agree with ren they are a top condition damage rune. I wish they went with something different than copy and paste of Vampirisms 2 and 4 piece bonus. The 6 is decent though.

Myself am in full dire(loving it) 30/20/0/0/20 and I am running the Runes of the Traveler basically for the 4 and 6 piece sets. Its a condition damage loss from the perplex I was running but I like it so far I don’t usually run locust signet but having the extra movement and extra condi duration is nice the 15% boon duration isn’t really a big factor.

A flat 25% movement speed buff counts for a lot. I thought strongly about those runes as well, but the loss of 100’s of condition damage was too much for me. For WvW, where you just run all the time, they are certainly (finally) a condition user option that doesn’t need condition damage.

On the dire stats, I must say they are quite a change. With stacks I am looking at over 28000 HP, which is quite a large health pool. Considering my condition damage is also higher because of the scavenging runes, and the bursing sigil, the last two patches have really upped my damage (another strange thing to do with an already bursty condition problem).

Still no rework on blood. That made me sad.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

oZii.2864

A flat 25% movement speed buff counts for a lot. I thought strongly about those runes as well, but the loss of 100’s of condition damage was too much for me. For WvW, where you just run all the time, they are certainly (finally) a condition user option that doesn’t need condition damage.

On the dire stats, I must say they are quite a change. With stacks I am looking at over 28000 HP, which is quite a large health pool. Considering my condition damage is also higher because of the scavenging runes, and the bursing sigil, the last two patches have really upped my damage (another strange thing to do with an already bursty condition problem).

Wow where do you end up condition damage wise with that much vit and the runes and bursting?

{Thief}

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

wow I need to try this out.
with my current setup i get around 1882 condi dmg with food no stacks

Edit*
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjMax7tbib87JAJFX/8kis/O6xxIHMA-jECBoOCy0CwkHBKTqIas1gFRjVJjIqWdDzYuIa1SBAx0I-w

wow thats a lot of condi dmg!

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

(edited by Brando.1374)

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Wow where do you end up condition damage wise with that much vit and the runes and bursting?

Its actually the highest condition damage I have ever been able to get. I will screen shot the stats later. Keep in mind the HP accounts for guard stacks, which are a flat 250 vitality added in (not exactly a fair comparison to anything outside of wvw). People will likely fly off the handle after the SS but oh well. Post it in a bit.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Here you go: stats in full Dire

Attachments:

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Is kind of absurdly strong, or am I going crazy?
(1) +28 Condition Damage
(2) 5% chance when hit to steal Health on next attack
(3) +55 Condition Damage
(4) After using your healing skill, your next attack skill steals health
(5) +100 Condition Damage
(6) 7% of Vitality becomes Condition damage.

To me, this simply looks like a far better version of Rune of the Undead, combined with Vampirism. What the kitten?
Edited in: You lose out on ~50 Toughness, have the potential to gain more Condition damage, and have the loss in Toughness offset by the fact that the Leech is ~900 in both damage and heals. Stocking up on this before the price goes up?

Using this as an example, makes you wonder if any of these pve only runes will ever be implemented into pvp.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Whoa, thats really nice.

I want to get a set for wvw and possibly dungeons… but I have this feeling they will be nerfed because they are obviously too good.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

I’m glad the Jatoro Dire piece came in with Scavenging runes because I’m a bit sceptical about how it will fare vs rabbid/perplexity (I’m a s/d + s/w in pve/www). Getting that Jatoro mantle shoulder piece was a pain, there were none on the TP when I checked. Had put a buy offer of 2g80s which got overbid pretty fast over 3g so I said eff that dolyak and put 8g offer. TP box shows me I got 2 mantles x-D o well.

I’m very fond of perplexity with warhorn + epidemic but after seeing that screenie of over 2k condi dmg, I have got to see the numbers on the ticks! Rennoko with your www stacks + buffs do you reach the 2xx mark on the bleeds? :P
I loved how the masticus bloodlust stacks affected our condition ticks in the arena, was fun seeing 4xx bleeds.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I’m glad the Jatoro Dire piece came in with Scavenging runes because I’m a bit sceptical about how it will fare vs rabbid/perplexity (I’m a s/d + s/w in pve/www). Getting that Jatoro mantle shoulder piece was a pain, there were none on the TP when I checked. Had put a buy offer of 2g80s which got overbid pretty fast over 3g so I said eff that dolyak and put 8g offer. TP box shows me I got 2 mantles x-D o well.

I’m very fond of perplexity with warhorn + epidemic but after seeing that screenie of over 2k condi dmg, I have got to see the numbers on the ticks! Rennoko with your www stacks + buffs do you reach the 2xx mark on the bleeds? :P
I loved how the masticus bloodlust stacks affected our condition ticks in the arena, was fun seeing 4xx bleeds.

I think the base bleeds with no might are around 157.

So if you factored in 25 might (which I never have, but for the sake of argument), that would be an additional 875 condi damage, or 43.75 per bleeding. That would put you right at 200. If I had guard leech it would be 205.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I want to get a set for wvw and possibly dungeons… but I have this feeling they will be nerfed because they are obviously too good.

I don’t think so.
Perplexity runes are still unnerfed, but they are a lot more powerful and run by a lot more professions which can make better use of the 6th bonus than necros.

The new runes of Scavenging seem to be a really good fit for necros though. Considering how weak our healing is, the occasional 900 hp can certainly be a life saver.

The formula at lvl 80 is: 42,5 + 0,05 x cond dmg.
Rennoko’s base condition damage is 2030. That means 144 dmg per bleed tick.
With 25 stacks of corruption: 2280 cond dmg, tick: 156,5.
With Blood is Power: 2630, tick: 174.
With Guard Leech: 2730, tick: 179.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

oZii.2864

Also I don’t know if you guys have seen the new

Rune of the Noble

(1): +28 Condition Damage Condition Damage
(2): +20% Might duration
(3): +55 Condition Damage Condition Damage
(4): +20% Might duration
(5): +100 Condition Damage Condition Damage
(6): When you use a healing skill, gain 3 stacks of might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

^
looks nice. But we don’t have many might source. What do everyone think?

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Also I don’t know if you guys have seen the new

Rune of the Noble

(1): +28 Condition Damage Condition Damage
(2): +20% Might.png Might duration
(3): +55 Condition Damage Condition Damage
(4): +20% Might.png Might duration
(5): +100 Condition Damage Condition Damage
(6): When you use a healing skill, gain 3 stacks of might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)

If they were not so hard to get (running a boring dungeon), I would give them a try.

I think if you built around Battle runes, it could certainly work. Battle gives 3 might on swap for 20 seconds. With these runes you would be looking at 28 seconds of 3 might per weapon swap. 17 seconds on blood is power might and 21 seconds on might from DS1.

It wouldn’t be too hard to make work, but compared to a flat 7% of vitality to condition damage, it is a tough sell.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Brando.1374

…. wow.
I need to get new ascended items with the correct stats to be able to get closer to this.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

…. wow.
I need to get new ascended items with the correct stats to be able to get closer to this.

WvW (HP Buff) and guard stacks bring up the Vitality a lot, and that makes the crystal buff, and the scavenging 6 buff higher, that is why the stats seem so insane.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Brando.1374

…. wow.

WvW (HP Buff) and guard stacks bring up the Vitality a lot, and that makes the crystal buff, and the scavenging 6 buff higher, that is why the stats seem so insane.

yup, I do like it. but I have Rabid/Rabid accessories so I need to do some pve to update my gear.

maybe even surpass the condi dmg you showed

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

Sorry to Necro this thread, but does anyone know how the #2 and #4 bonuses interact with/stack with Vampirism #2 and #4?

I’m looking at a full Vampiric build, and running 4x Vampire Runes and 2x Scavenging.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, how #4 interacts with #4 is rather pointless to discuss, since you can’t have 4 of each rune on. As for how the #2’s interact, I don’t know. Not going to blow money on them to find out either (and sadly, scavenger runes aren’t available in PvP)

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kashijikito.1864

Kashijikito.1864

Has anyone tried rune of the necro with a 30/20/0/0/20 terror build?

Kaz Bloodclaw, The Bell Tolls, Kaz The Spaz
Northern Shiverpeaks

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

You mean… has anyone ever tried to max fear duration? Yes.
It’s capped at 100% like all other conditions, if that’s what you mean.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kashijikito.1864

Kashijikito.1864

So how effective is it?

Kaz Bloodclaw, The Bell Tolls, Kaz The Spaz
Northern Shiverpeaks

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Brando.1374

So how effective is it?

only effective against classes with no stability or stun breakers.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

flow.6043

So how effective is it?

only effective against classes with no stability or stun breakers.

That would also be true for 80% fear duration, w/o the runes.
But in case you successfully land that fear, having those extra 20% guarantees a second or third damage tick (depending on the skill). Also, your target runs away from you a little longer.
Btw this combo only makes sense in sPvP.
In PvE/WvW there are better ways to increase fear duration… and better runes, like Runes of Scavenging for example

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

100% Fear duration, even beyond, will help you against folks running around with Melandru and other condition decreasing effects. Guardian just got a new one.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I like these runes. I still need to put a superior and major sigil of bursting into my scpeter/dagger and see what i can hit now. I can’t beat my mesmer, but I may get within 200 condi damage now.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Brando.1374

I like these runes. I still need to put a superior and major sigil of bursting into my scpeter/dagger and see what i can hit now. I can’t beat my mesmer, but I may get within 200 condi damage now.

how much condi dmg does your mes have?

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

With 25 stacks of corruption, no might and perplexity runes, 2603. Could push it over 2800 I think. Sigil of bursting OP

A L T S
Skritt Happens

(edited by Omnitek.3876)

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Brando.1374

With 25 stacks of corruption, no might and perplexity runes, 2603. Could push it over 2800 I think. Sigil of blasting OP

wow….. and I was happy with my 2.3k lol

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

With 25 stacks of corruption, no might and perplexity runes, 2603. Could push it over 2800 I think. Sigil of bursting OP

Could I bother u to pm a build if u don’t feel comfortable posting?

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Pretty much take the max condition damage you can get on a necro, and add 380, from the scepter trait and the signet.

Necro has more vitality to work with and gets more wrench bonus from that, but otherwise it is going to be pretty close.

Rune of Scavenging.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Confessor.8957

Confessor.8957

Sigil of bursting OP

This sigil really is the key, it allows ridiculous levels of condy dmg.

Pretty much take the max condition damage you can get on a necro, and add 380, from the scepter trait and the signet.

Then add 25 stacks of might and its lulz.

(edited by Confessor.8957)