Runes of Strength vs Runes of Scholar

in Necromancer

Posted by: xrisomilia.5769

xrisomilia.5769

Has anyone tried any of these sets on PvE or PVP ? What’s the power adamage difference. I’m currently using Scholar on zerker armor and the numbers are pretty big ( cleave with full stack of might chill buff hits for 4k-4k-8I and whirl hits for 12k , number on PvE) . Anyone running runes of Strength? Sorry to ask but the cost is pretty high to go yolo and test it myself

Proud member of eMoa(FSP)
Hells Blossom (main Necro)
Devine Fury (Mesmer-Roamer) [OMFG Member]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

I’m running strength for the 100% uptime of the 5% bonus damage, and for higher uptime of 25 stacks of might (trust me you feel this one, huge duration boost).

Scholar’s 10% bonus damage was too hard for me to maintain and I feel like, despite the ferocity boost, and bigger damage numbers when my HP is above 90% that I am still doing better DPS with strength.. plus the 25 stacks of might duration always feels great to have, you really feel the power for longer.|

That said, Scholar will always (I think) output higher DPS, IF and ONLY IF you maintain above 90% HP the whole fight!, which I think is undo-able for me.. the only deal breaker to the rune, I’d say.

P.S. I went yolo, I used to rune scholar all the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Scholar is great for older, less challenging PvE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

Superior Rune of Strength for PvE.
Superior Rune of Hoelbrak for PvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

I’m running strength for the 100% uptime of the 5% bonus damage, and for higher uptime of 25 stacks of might (trust me you feel this one, huge duration boost).

Scholar’s 10% bonus damage was too hard for me to maintain and I feel like, despite the ferocity boost, and bigger damage numbers when my HP is above 90% that I am still doing better DPS with strength.. plus the 25 stacks of might duration always feels great to have, you really feel the power for longer.|

That said, Scholar will always (I think) output higher DPS, IF and ONLY IF you maintain above 90% HP the whole fight!, which I think is undo-able for me.. the only deal breaker to the rune, I’d say.

What gear do you use? Full zerk or something with Valk?

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

What gear do you use? Full zerk or something with Valk?

I’m using Valk Armor + Zerk Weapons + Zerk rings and amulet + Marauder backpack and earrings.

Pretty happy with the setup, since I have around 40% crit chance, and alot of vit to sustain my shroud and my self. (I tend to play recklessly, and it’s more fun that way..)