Scourge Condition Build Discussion (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArY4fnE9CN9iV3Ae3A83gFhBjaKkF6V6119agNKAkAeAA-jBiHQBEU5XteCAkT/gGVCCgTCgz2Bgeq/EklHWHgAcumr5augH4AH4AH4AGgDcgDM35O35egDcApAWUvF-e

This is what I think will be best.

It will allow us to hit 100% cap easy with one Sand Shade out always, unless we have Alacrity.

We need to cap Condition Duration for Bleeding, Burning, and Torment now. Also this will cap Poison.

The Heal will end up being preference as usual. When using Staff you’d take Soul Marks.

I’m just wanting to start the discussion here about PvE builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Curse : shouldn’t you take plague sending instead of terrifying descent?

I’d probably try a power build around those lines in order to see the potential of a power Scourge (not that I have such infusions) :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JRvQVvYZvgjNA/NYpWw0fsV2NLVbYOctgSABgZAA-jxBBABA8EAOTJYAnEAsU+ln+Bc2foS1fCAkAceMPmHzDY8EPxT8EPxjrz8MPzzX+lf5XOPzz8IFQEDtA-e

I think power scourge capitalizing on desert shroud ability to dish out damage at the same time as the scourge auto attack could (maybe) reach a satisfying level of dps (well, at least it shouldn’t be below reaper’s).

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

I chose Terrifying Descent because Sand Shade skill 4 does fear.

(edited by Kam.4092)

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Curse : shouldn’t you take plague sending instead of terrifying descent?

I’d probably try a power build around those lines in order to see the potential of a power Scourge (not that I have such infusions) :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JRvQVvYZvgjNA/NYpWw0fsV2NLVbYOctgSABgZAA-jxBBABA8EAOTJYAnEAsU+ln+Bc2foS1fCAkAceMPmHzDY8EPxT8EPxjrz8MPzzX+lf5XOPzz8IFQEDtA-e

I think power scourge capitalizing on desert shroud ability to dish out damage at the same time as the scourge auto attack could (maybe) reach a satisfying level of dps (well, at least it shouldn’t be below reaper’s).

If you want to do Power Scourge, try Grieving stats. I don’t really see the point in doing Power Scourge, but if you want, then Grieving is great for it.

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

A question for you guys:

Is there a way to make power (full berserker) work with Scourge?

Anything can work, but it can just be bad as well. Grieving stats will be better for Power Scourge since it does so many Conditions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

Power Scourge is sweet because of its ability to upkeep boons for free with Feed From Corruption and some Concentration. It also has some nice burst between Desert Shroud and Spiteful Spirit. It’s just another way to play the class, and I’m excited for the possibilities.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Power Scourge is sweet because of its ability to upkeep boons for free with Feed From Corruption and some Concentration. It also has some nice burst between Desert Shroud and Spiteful Spirit. It’s just another way to play the class, and I’m excited for the possibilities.

Please tell me why a purely Condition focused Elite would go a power route?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Freebu.5230

Freebu.5230

So we can complain about the terrible damage, obviously.

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

I wish I put Condition Builds only now in the title. I don’t understand why anyone would think to go Power with Scourge other than to run a special snowflake build.

I edited it now.

(edited by Kam.4092)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I wish I put Condition Builds only now in the title. I don’t understand why anyone would think to go Power with Scourge other than to run a special snowflake build.

I edited it now.

You can do quite the amount of power damage providing things are standing in your shades. MSS auto isnt weak.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Not Power, but Hybrid and its sweet, at least it was in the beta.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

There is not much more power trait in reaper than there is in scourge. Tell me why people keep slamming reaper should be played power and scourge condi while obviously none of them is better than the other at these 2 types of damage.

There is also room for power damage in scourge; As for whether berserk or grieving is better… Well you are probably right for grieving. What I was looking for with berserk was to cope with the natural low crit chance of the spec.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArY4fnE9CN9iV3Ae3A83gFhBjaKkF6V6119agNKAkAeAA-jBiHQBEU5XteCAkT/gGVCCgTCgz2Bgeq/EklHWHgAcumr5augH4AH4AH4AGgDcgDM35O35egDcApAWUvF-e

It will allow us to hit 100% cap easy with one Sand Shade out always, unless we have Alacrity.

We need to cap Condition Duration for Bleeding, Burning, and Torment now. Also this will cap Poison.

The Heal will end up being preference as usual. When using Staff you’d take Soul Marks.

At least for raids, I would think that a Master tuning crystal is superior, since you only need 2 shades up for max condition duration, which will be easy with Alacrity. That would let you eke out a bit more condition damage without losing anything else.

On an unrelated note, I’m thrilled to see that the build editor has been updated with extra infusion slots!

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

At least for raids, I would think that a Master tuning crystal is superior, since you only need 2 shades up for max condition duration, which will be easy with Alacrity. That would let you eke out a bit more condition damage without losing anything else.

Master Tuning Crystal would be better in Raids. I was just picking what would give you 100% outside of Raids. Like in Fractals, etc.

Do you think my setup is good, or do you think it could be better?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I honestly can’t think of many possibilities to maximize damage beyond that. I guess it depends on if ~8 seconds of dagger auto +Feast of Corruption/20 seconds will be enough to sustain life force in longer fights.

Against trash mobs, this isn’t an issue because they die so quick.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

I honestly can’t think of many possibilities to maximize damage beyond that. I guess it depends on if ~8 seconds of dagger auto +Feast of Corruption/20 seconds will be enough to sustain life force in longer fights.

Against trash mobs, this isn’t an issue because they die so quick.

I think Life Force will be ok with this set up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

I guess it depends on if ~8 seconds of dagger auto +Feast of Corruption/20 seconds will be enough to sustain life force in longer fights.

8s of dagger auto under full quickness is about 45~53% LF with Soul Reaping.
The build has 0 vit so will have 79.35% of 21012 as LF meaning 16673.

Considering that with alacrity:

• F2 is ~8.3% of your LF every 3s
  • F3 is ~15% of your LF every 4.8s
  • F4 is ~28% of your LF every 9s
    and more importantly
  • F5 is ~22% of your LF every 12s

You should end up running out of LF fairly quickly. if you use your abilities too much. There is also less room for error if things move and you have wasted your shade placement/miss a shade skill.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

I guess it depends on if ~8 seconds of dagger auto +Feast of Corruption/20 seconds will be enough to sustain life force in longer fights.

and more importantly

You should end up running out of LF fairly quickly. if you use your abilities too much. There is also less room for error if things move and you have wasted your shade placement/miss a shade skill.

Maybe they’ll add +condition+vitality/+precision+expertise >_>

Probably not, but I don’t really see us running anything different than what I posted. I think it will just be a Sand Shade skill priority in rotations.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

and more importantly

On the upside, F4 is not going to be terribly important in a DPS rotation. Yes, you lose a Torment and a Burn every 9 seconds, but I think getting better uptime on the other three F skills is more important.

F5 is definitely priority #1 with F2 and F3 being dependent on the exact encounter for which is priority 2 and which is priority 3.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

and more importantly

Can’t see #4 being part of a DPS rotation.

My guess is F5 on CD and F2 in between.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demoria.6745

Demoria.6745

Tried this build during the first stress test but with sc/t and d/d. I think it will make more sense to be in scepter when you apply burning from torch since the durations are so short.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

One thing I do have to say is that I think Shadow Fiend will replace Epidemic in boss fights with no adds. Sand Swell might also replace Path of Anguish for the extra utility. Being able to evacuate the melee team from a dangerous spot might be worth more than a burn.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Kam.4092

Tried this build during the first stress test but with sc/t and d/d. I think it will make more sense to be in scepter when you apply burning from torch since the durations are so short.

So you casted Blood is Power and Plaguelands with D/D?

I’m just so used to Scepter/Dagger now. When I was testing D/D I experienced more time casting instead of doing auto attacks with Mainhand Dagger for Life Force. When you cast your Corruptions, then Dagger 4, you’ve already spent a long time without gaining Life Force. I had better results with D/T because it was cast Torch skills fast, then just auto attack without Corruptions to worry about.

I ended up gaining Life Force faster as D/T.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demoria.6745

Demoria.6745

So you casted Blood is Power and Plaguelands with D/D?

I’d guess the goal would be to be in scepter while you have the highest burn stacks as well as making sure you use the torch skills on cd more so than needing to generate life force.

It might also prove useful to play around the icd on Demonic Lore so casting Harrowing Wave and Oppressive Collapse back to back might not be optimal, but that’s more speculation than I want to do at this point without proper testing.

In any case, Plaguelands or Ghastly Breach would only be every 4th/3rd rotation.