Scourge Support (I have my fingers crosed)

in Necromancer

Posted by: lagrimabendita.8763

lagrimabendita.8763

Hello there,

Do you think the Scourge (PVE) will be a good option to play as support ? (Raids, fractals..etc)

I am between Scourge and Frieband, both sound amazing and alternative to the current Druid (It is my main becuase, at the moment it is the only “support” that people allow to use in this game, but I hate this profesion)

I hope Arena net has finally thought about all the rest of the people how LOVE the healeing, supporting, tanking roles and not just DPSing.

What do you think?? (only PVE point of views please, I hate the PVP in this game however, I used to love GW1 PVP)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

By simply my observation as someone who never played support in this game, it seems like firebrand would be the safest option. My reason being that scourge grants allies might while firebrand grants allies quickness and the new ashes of the just buff, which I can see being more desirable from a support stand point. However, we will never know how certain skills will synergize with certain encounters until we get some new raids.

For now, I’d say your best bet is to hoard crafting materials (most importantly, lumps of mithrillium, globs of elder spirit residue, and spools of thick elonian cord) so that you can be ready to gear up any character. Hoarding the living world season 3 currencies for ascended trinkets wont hurt ether.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Well, let’s see. Scourge offers:

Barrier – not wanted
Strength – heavily contested
Healing – lol.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

Barrier – not wanted
Healing – lol.

Well, tbh any of the new speccs have huge issues…not with numbers, but broken design .and I am honest, I am not excited for any of them.

in Necromancer

Wintermute.5408

Barrier – not wanted
Healing – lol.

Well, tbh any of the new speccs have huge issues…not with numbers, but broken design .and I am honest, I am not excited for any of them.

Well, I’m looking forward to Scourge as a form of break from Reaper, at the very least. It will most likely have passable DPS to be enjoyable outside of raids, and not relying on combo-fields of stupid will improve condi playstyle for me personally. Support role though? Yeah. It was pretty clear where it will end since the very first, vaguest Scourge description.

Edit: yeah, before somebody gets into argument over raid viability, this is just my lowest expectations.

(edited by Wintermute.5408)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Barrier – not wanted
Healing – lol.

One thing to remember is that there will be people with PoF but not HoT, which means that there will be players who don’t have druid, berserker, or chronomancer.

This means the raid developers would be wise to balance encounters based on the assumption that players don’t have access to HoT elite specs, or more interestingly, possibly counter some HoT elite specs.

in Necromancer

Wintermute.5408

Barrier – not wanted
Healing – lol.

One thing to remember is that there will be people with PoF but not HoT, which means that there will be players who don’t have druid, berserker, or chronomancer.

This means the raid developers would be wise to balance encounters based on the assumption that players don’t have access to HoT elite specs, or more interestingly, possibly counter some HoT elite specs.

In what way though? How do you “counter” chrono or druid? There are no complex support mechanics involved (unlike with Scourge, BTW) – you press X and achieve Y as long as team is in range. The only way those will be replaced is if some other spec manages to fill same role as they (speedup-station and buff-station with healing respectively). Which is not happening this time around, and would honestly be lazy. PS warrior, another meta resident, doesn’t even need ES.

I’d all be for each encounter requiring different approach and team composition. Sadly, GW2 went down “fixed roles” some time ago, doesn’t seem to stop any time soon, and even more sadly, only alternative to it is complete free-for-all. Which isn’t exactly interesting to do.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Barrier – not wanted
Healing – lol.

Barrier still hasn’t been tested yet in Raids, or the new Raid. Saying it’s not wanted is speaking too soon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Barrier – not wanted
Healing – lol.

Barrier still hasn’t been tested yet in Raids, or the new Raid. Saying it’s not wanted is speaking too soon.

It would only be useful if some specific challenge mode disables or heavily impacts healing somehow. Outside of that it’s completely worthless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

WvW being balanced as part of PvE… Yeah the scourge will be a strong support.

Will he also stand strong as a support in raids and fractals… Honestly, he might see some use in fractal that are heavily loaded with condition which mean high level fractal. As for raids, if he got a high enough dps he might take the spot of one of the two druids but the support will be secondary to it’s dps.

Realisticaly the scourge will need to focus on it’s dps if he want to find a spot in raids. It’s natural support will come as a bonus that you won’t want to invest deep into.

NB.: OP, the reason why healing is done by the Druid is because there is grace of the land which is free extra damage for the allies affected by the heals. If a healing profession can’t provide the same option there will be no room for this profession. Another thing to keep in mind is that in high end PvE, groups try to rely less and less on healing to maximize their dps.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Steelpusher.1684

Steelpusher.1684

Barrier – not wanted
Healing – lol.

I was hopeful before, but worried about anymore ‘necro too stronk, must nerf again’ from anet.

Seriously though, it also depends on how barrier works in raid scenarios. Would an 80% damage hit from failed vg green deal 80% of hp+barrier (bad design) or 80% hp, thereby removing the barrier and making the hit less problematic?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Barrier – not wanted
Healing – lol.

I was hopeful before, but worried about anymore ‘necro too stronk, must nerf again’ from anet.

Seriously though, it also depends on how barrier works in raid scenarios. Would an 80% damage hit from failed vg green deal 80% of hp+barrier (bad design) or 80% hp, thereby removing the barrier and making the hit less problematic?

Pretty sure none of those mechanics are percentage based, since I survive kitten as a necro that instant downs other classes with less health all the time

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Barrier – not wanted

Literally the only people saying this are angry necro players. Everyone else realizes that barrier is strong, and has serious PVE potential that needs to be tested.

Might would be the perfect spot for scourges, actually. The main issue is the range the skill has atm. If that gets increased (alongside the inevitable damage nerf we’ll get) we might be good to go right there.

Healing – lol.

Who’d take a scourge for healing? That’s not the role. The actual role is condition cleanse, barrier, condi dps, and might stacking. With a few minor tweaks, that package would make us definitely actualy useful in PvE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lagrimabendita.8763

lagrimabendita.8763

I have been playing with the build edit what do you think about this build (PVE only-raid fractals.. etc)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnE9Cl9iV9Cm2As9iluBTvnOUTqUdgRwha6BsxCAA-jhxGQBk7BAQI1fGy+DXUJIAODAKU5XAgDAv/+7v/+7t975eu/+7JFQETtA-e

There are not the new runes, so I chose the monk for this example but I think the Scourge runes will be the best option.

Any feedback is welcome

Thanaks