"Scourge" feature wishlist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

So we know of a potential elite spec with a “sand shroud” and a torch.
What do you want from Scourge?
I want
-a shroud that allows utility usage
-smoke fields and blast finishers
-a new type of utility that helps us escape pressure
-powerful AoE from torch and shroud
-stability
-something other than bleed as a main source of damage
-condi application on shroud skills that lacked it before
-life force generation from torch
-something crazy and awesome that nobody expects

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Just give us the Orders skill set from gw1 already. Rangers and Mesmers both demanded party support and got theirs, now we Necros demand ours!

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Screw party support i wanna stand on my own 2 feet without babysitters in wvw. We need roaming confort for those who dont like zergging. What cecilia said gives us all that so she got my vote.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I want

This honestly should be base necromancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

A lot of my ideas I listed here with some being changes to vanilla Necromancer and others being what I would like to see out of the Torch.

Beyond that, I’d really like to see something involving Glyphs that are usable while in Shroud. Maybe something that, for example; While not in Shroud creates an aura for a few seconds when activated. Foes that are within the radius of this aura receive long duration Fear + Torment. While in Shroud it creates an aura when activated that draws foes in and steals Life Force from them. Think trying to run up stream in water, you have a sort of gravitational pull for a couple seconds.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Being useful without getting nerfed after a Year.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Being useful without getting nerfed after a Year.

kittening beat me to it
kittenmit

But yeah want them to work on base necromancer first to fix some of the problems it has, including bad/way too important traits and skills.

If we’re on about scourge I really just want some good skills for the torch for condis, as for the utilities I’m not even sure what’d fit, traps maybe?
I’d like to see a good mix between power and condi-favoring stuff there, with each (or at least some) trap(s) applying an unique debuff ranging from increased damage on the target to more “intricate” things which ruin people’s day. 100% uptime shouldn’t be achieved of course unless a large amount of necros decide to perfectly chain those debuffs.
The elite should be something that works with both condi and power, possibly applying some conditions with a bit of power damage and making it difficult for them to get out of there (how about disabling movement skills and blocks inside the trap? The cd for it would be long anyway and the radius most likely wouldn’t be huge, so it’d most likely be balanced, considering you also have to get close to the nec).
For the shroud I don’t even know what I’d like to see, but it’s probably follow roughly the same “theme” in terms of skill effects as the other shrouds. Should just work well.
Regarding traits I’d like to see something that boosts damage for the necro (and possibly allies) who stand inside his AoE’s (this would include wells, cpc and, in theory, nightfall, though that won’t work as you couldn’t equip GS with this) or make enemies inside his AoE’s more vulnerable to damage (this would not only favor chaining AoEs for maximum uptime, but would also tremendously help us in PvE), a trait that gives CDR on whatever skill type we get + one that’s related to our new weapon, i.e. most likely torch, grandmasters that work well in different situations (Reaper actually did that pretty well, Blighter’s for PvP and WvW, Deathly Chill worked everywhere I’d assume, the new one is mostly PvE & PvP I guess and Reaper’s Onslaught is a PvE Open World and WvW thing) and minors that aren’t trash.

I know this sounds like a lot of powercreep but lets be fair, all elite specs most likely will be and it’s not like they’re gonna give base necro anything meaningful at this point.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Honestly I want shroud to be done away with and gone. I want active defenses like every other class. I want blocks or invulns, I wan’t something that allows this class to grow, not be held back at every turn by it’s clunky f skills

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Honestly I want shroud to be done away with and gone. I want active defenses like every other class. I want blocks or invulns, I wan’t something that allows this class to grow, not be held back at every turn by it’s clunky f skills

Well sorry to disappoint you then but shroud is part of the necro and i highly doubt that will ever change even on an elite spec.

Also i dont think shroud is even a reason at all not to give necros a block or invuln frame. The reason we dont have them is because Anet doesnt want us to have them. For example you could easily put a block skill on greatsword and that wouldnt make reaper op. Just rework death spiral to work similar to Duelist’s Preparation, also a block for x sec and on a succesful block switch it to death spiral (should be a weaker version of it though).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I would like for Sand Shroud to work like Celestial Avatar, except the skills would be defensive. Invuln/evade, block, low DPS CC and stability access are just a few routes to go. You would still have your utilities available during it.

Utilities would patch up any defensive holes left over from SS. I want utilities+shroud to form a comprehensive defensive set when used. Classes don’t need weaknesses, but specking into defense would obviously hinder your DPS capability.

For torch I don’t have any expectations. It’s not what I wanted, and honestly don’t see anything for it that other classes haven’t already done. That doesn’t mean it’s something I won’t use when the situation calls for it.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

So I have an idea. I’d like this elite spec to be more condi. I’d also like Reaper to be more power to really help define the differences between the two. Which would mean more burning from the scourge and more bleeds. One way to help this is to give the Scourge’s auto attack which I believe should be a chain skill a bleed for the first two hits and a burn for the third. Which combine with Dhuumfire would make turtling in shroud actually viable. Something the current condimancer doesn’t want to do at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

So we know of a potential elite spec with a “sand shroud” and a torch.
What do you want from Scourge?
I want
-smoke fields and blast finishers
-a new type of utility that helps us escape pressure
-powerful AoE from torch and shroud
-stability
-something other than bleed as a main source of damage
-condi application on shroud skills that lacked it before
-life force generation from torch
-something crazy and awesome that nobody expects

I think every Necro wish that. So i support your list completely. In another topic I made a suggestion to smokefield+blast, i think it would be really nice.

Just watch on engi/scrapper, i think its a slow class too (because no portskills and less jump skills), but its really good in wvw roaming and pvp because of superspeed and good invis skills.

Necro could viable AND stay in the class mechanic with this things too. most other classes(guard,mesmer, rev,warri,engi,ranger,thief) have some of the new boons or special effects like resistence, superspeed,quickness which are REALLY strong. only ele and nec dont have it.

bleed is the most useless condi because low dmg tick and no side effect. other classes make HIGHER stacks of condi,fire,confu than necro bleeding, thats crazy.AND cast this faster than nec.

Necro is the best in only one thing, debuffing enemies, but this isnt enough. necro should be more than a mobile null field.

in Necromancer

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Going by the name, I’d lean towards something that relies on some blend of area denial, melee hate, boon removal and condi transfer to punish opponents who stay too close and locked on. That is, although the necro may not have invuln and blocks, if the opponent wants to dish out punishment to the necro in scourge shroud, they’re gonna get hurt badly themselves.

No idea for torch 4 at the moment

Torch #5 – Flames of the Aggressor – fire field that pulses damage/burning. Steals life from enemies that are attacking (a la Blood of the Aggressor)
One trait idea would be to change it so that enemies that you fear are taunted instead to be able to trigger the “while attacking” clauses.

Taking a bit of inspiration from GW1 dervish skills, trying to keep skills more or less in line with current shroud structures:

Shroud Skill 1 – three part melee attack – Grenth’s Grasp/Aura slicer/[some name] – first transfers one condition, second rips a boon, third just a semi-hard hit.

Skill 2 – Whirling charge – gap closer that applies cripple, whirl finisher

Skill 3 – Harrier’s Grasp – Pull target foe, if foe was moving apply 2 seconds of taunt

Skill 4 – Mystic Sandstorm -Pulses damage and bleeds, double damage/bleed if target is attacking

Skill 5 – Sand Shards – wind-up attack that applies immobilize and an effect to necro that deals damage to nearby foes the next X times that you are struck. (i.e. you’re fighting a war in melee you can lock him down and a ranger pewpewing away at you would actually hurt his teammate too)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Traits that take advantage of all the safe harm we do to ourself.

The shroud and the torch have little to no chance to grant us something original so I’m betting everything on the traits and on an hypothetical additionnal mechanism.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I hope the sand shroud will be renamed to mummy shroud and it transforms you into a mummy….

Or give me the old ritalist mummy armor…

in Necromancer

The one to Rule.2593

Well sorry to disappoint you then but shroud is part of the necro and i highly doubt that will ever change even on an elite spec.

Also i dont think shroud is even a reason at all not to give necros a block or invuln frame. The reason we dont have them is because Anet doesnt want us to have them. For example you could easily put a block skill on greatsword and that wouldnt make reaper op. Just rework death spiral to work similar to Duelist’s Preparation, also a block for x sec and on a succesful block switch it to death spiral (should be a weaker version of it though).

why does it have to be shroud? if that’s the limit of your imagination, I find that saddening. Necro’s can be so much more if they are given a fundamentally different F skill mechanic, which in regards to elite specs isn’t a far fetched idea. Shroud is the main reason we don’t have active defenses. It’s a poor reason due to how fast shroud just melts when anything looks in your direction.

Changing the f skill to something other than another shroud is the first step to helping fix necro’s problems.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

a viable new weapon

one that wont have to sit next to my GS on the shelf

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

good blind access would fill a lot of the defensive holes necro has. That other stuff would probably just make us OP.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

why does it have to be shroud? if that’s the limit of your imagination, I find that saddening. Necro’s can be so much more if they are given a fundamentally different F skill mechanic, which in regards to elite specs isn’t a far fetched idea. Shroud is the main reason we don’t have active defenses. It’s a poor reason due to how fast shroud just melts when anything looks in your direction.

Changing the f skill to something other than another shroud is the first step to helping fix necro’s problems.

What’s the point of a class once you remove it’s defining mechanic?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

This has nothing to do with my imagination. I just dont think that Anet will ever forgo the shroud mechanic (or any class mechanic for the matter). Anet most likely sees shroud as class defining for necros. So for the better or the worse we are stuck with it.

And about saying that we wont be getting active defenses like blocks because of shroud is only speculation since Anet never said anything about this.

in Necromancer

The one to Rule.2593

it won’t remove anything, it will add other options, which the elite specs were designed to do

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

it won’t remove anything, it will add other options, which the elite specs were designed to do

You do know that it is a contradiction when you say it wont remove anything but at the same time you say the following

Honestly I want shroud to be done away with and gone.

or in other words “I want shroud be removed”?

You will most likely dont like it but the chances are pretty high that all our future elite specs will have a shroud of some sorts. Also elite specs arent designed to remove class mechanics (which our shroud clearly is) but give them some twist.

So if you shroud want to be gone, you best hope is that Anet for some reason decides to complely rework necro. While i cannot say that wont happen i would say the probability of something like that happening is pretty low.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I want greataxe instead of the torch, with mummy and Scarab Plague themes :I.

I want

This honestly should be base necromancer.

Necromancers should have 3-4 shrouds to choose from, just like rangers can choose from many different pets. Same for guardian virtues.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Necromancer

Posted by: RedRooster.6073

RedRooster.6073

Really like a lot of the suggestions here.

My biggest issue with Reaper is the massive divergence they took from Guild Wars 1 — to the point where GW1 skill names or themes weren’t even used. I don’t mind creation of the new, but a little shoutout to GW1 is so satisfying for many players. Much like how Blizzard retains a lot of the IP/Lore created in Warcraft 1-3 in World of Warcraft. It’s that small satisfaction of feeling like: “Hey I remember this from a previous game, cool!”.

I do think orders would be pretty cool, but only if they still were beneficial in small groups or solo. Making a group support specialization without utility enough to play solo makes that specialization unusable for a large portion of the game. I can’t speak for Druid since I don’t play one nor do I much raid.

I really liked one user’s linking between Wind Prayers (dervish) and the Shroud, though I fear it’s unlikely since Reaper already has a “scythe” based shroud, and this could be seen as uncreative. The Shroud could even be called “Avatar of Grenth”. But since this is already used as an asset more or less in a Human racial elite as well as our other elite Lich form I also see it as unlikely.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/1/16/Avatar_of_Grenth_model.jpg/280px-Avatar_of_Grenth_model.jpg

I think some new conditions may be in order. I remember how exciting it was to get Torment, which plays homage to certain GW1 Hexes like Weaken Knees. I know this is a common request and could also prove troublesome, but something like Disease would be very interesting. We already know that the mechanics don’t have to match exactly, and the way GW2 works, it would probably be pertinent to not allow disease to spread from enemies to allies.

A few more ideas or possibilities:
Corpse exploitation. Utilities or otherwise that exploits the corpses that enemies leave. We have this already in a way with the Jagged Horror spawning from killing enemies. A few interesting corpse exploitation spells in GW1 were Putrid Explosion, Soul Feast, and Necrotic Traversal.
Auras: Necromancer had a few abilities in GW1 with the “Aura” namesake. Although they did not have a particular theme, they were enchantments. Four such spells were Aura of the Lich, Dark Aura, Verata’s Aura, and Withering Aura.
Hexes: Highly unlikely, but access to some hexes could allow for more complex effects on enemies while keeping those effects limited and class/spec specific.

Thanks for reading through. It’s not exactly suggestions (except the last bit) but still I think pertinent commentary.

in Necromancer

The one to Rule.2593

You do know that it is a contradiction when you say it wont remove anything but at the same time you say the following

You will most likely dont like it but the chances are pretty high that all our future elite specs will have a shroud of some sorts. Also elite specs arent designed to remove class mechanics (which our shroud clearly is) but give them some twist.

So if you shroud want to be gone, you best hope is that Anet for some reason decides to complely rework necro. While i cannot say that wont happen i would say the probability of something like that happening is pretty low.

oh stop nitpicking. what i meant, is that i’m not advocating to remove shroud from current elite specs. just that the next elite gets a new f skill, because i love necro as a class, but i hate shroud, shroud has always held the class back. im not even sure why you are arguing so much as this post is a feature wishlist and we all want something different.

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

oh stop nitpicking. what i meant, is that i’m not advocating to remove shroud from current elite specs. just that the next elite gets a new f skill, because i love necro as a class, but i hate shroud, shroud has always held the class back. im not even sure why you are arguing so much as this post is a feature wishlist and we all want something different.

The only problem with that would be how would Shroud traits effect the new elite spec? So many traits would be wasted with the lack of shroud on the new spec.

in Necromancer

The one to Rule.2593

The only problem with that would be how would Shroud traits effect the new elite spec? So many traits would be wasted with the lack of shroud on the new spec.

hmmm yes i suppose you’re right there. i guess they could tweak them to work with the spec but that’d probably take too much work

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

hmmm yes i suppose you’re right there. i guess they could tweak them to work with the spec but that’d probably take too much work

I mean, I’d love the idea of having a new profession mechanic and getting all the QoL stuff we have been denied, over the years, because of shroud. But I’m sure there’d be a way to adapt it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Haven’t been on in more than a week. Logged into the forums to see if Anet has even acknowledged issues with Necros. I see they have turtled as per usual. kitten ’em.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

In his or her defense, the suggestion from Hot specs, is that Elites who only receive an offhand for their new elite spec get a profession mechanic change/addition. What if the Scourge allows base necromancer DS with an f2 that puts them into a defensive skillet which share a Life force bar? Huh? Now we’re going places. Granted, base DS is a mishmash of condi/power and should be revamped, this is a serious idea to consider. Some traits say ‘go power’ while others scream ’ condi is the only way’ in SR and that’s not a bad thing. Where they would go with a torch and still leave The Scourge open to different interpretations is where it would get tricky.