Scourge is a Hot Mess

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

Scourge feels like another tacked on idea. There’s little to no synergy to the existing traits. The weapon choices feel like another reaper in the making. (Altering the great sword and the reaper grandmaster trait and making it condi so reaper would have at least one semi playable spec.) To boot, torment is now the primary condition applied with all its skills.

Torment…

Le sigh.

Barrier makes me chuckle with how ineffective it is.

This spec will be degraded to open world farm bot and Fractal/WvW/PvP debuff/ barrier kitten. The only three areas where torment and blowing all your cds is acceptable game play. But who needs Scourge for that?… Reaper was already degraded to spot.

This is sad and disheartening.

That final stake hit its mark with scourge.

Cheers my fellow Necros.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Scourge is god kitten amazing. I can’t go back to regular necromancer again

There is so much synergy with curses and soul reaping. Your F2 is godly with path of corruption and dhuumfire piles on pretty quickly. F2 is just so good.

Torch 5 is pretty good, very low window of escape. Torch 4 is a bit lame.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Torments base condi damage was increased to the level of bleeds in live for pve. Plus scourge has a grand master that increases torments damage by 33% and triggers burning every 3 secs when a target has torment. Plus duhnfire however its spell procs off your shades any time you use a f1 skill and f5 pulses it. They also got a massive increase to burning as a condi in their kitten nal period with torch.

I’ll Personally be surprised if scourge doesn’t beat condi reaper for damage in a pve environment and raiding one. As for Barrier its I really hope people aren’t using it outside of combat otherwise its just going to go poof, outside of doing that it’s very strong the biggest thing though is that it scales off of Vit and Healing power so that’s very important to take note of.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Windler.4815

If you think Scourge has any shot of being in a pve instance outside it’s current (reaper) role… go play another demo spec. You’ll see how much of a same ole dumpster fire this is.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Oh PvE? I don’t care about PvE

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

If you think Scourge has any shot of being in a pve instance outside it’s current (reaper) role… go play another demo spec. You’ll see how much of a same ole dumpster fire this is.

Take dhuumfire and try it, that’s your main dps. Torment is only part it, if you are not doing damage then you are not doing it right.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Scourge is broken strong when paired with a support tempest, without it however it’s total glass.

We spent the last year complaining about being chained to a support all the time, so what does ArenaNet do? Give us a spec that mandates being paired with a support.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

i’ve had ppl just disintegrate when they try to focus me in melee

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Scourge is broken strong when paired with a support tempest, without it however it’s total glass.

We spent the last year complaining about being chained to a support all the time, so what does ArenaNet do? Give us a spec that mandates being paired with a support.

yes basically our role is a backline damage condi spam that need to be babysitted to survive.. barrier is worst defence than shroud for a necro…..

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Traitline that adds damage and burns to torment? thank you…shame all classes that do torment don’t have that, much needed for pve.
Scourge looking like a very good raid spec due to lots of support. kitten it, I wanted Spellbreaker or Renegade to be the ones but now this is looking better.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

scourge is really tough, you just have to keep thinking of barriering as much as possible.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Windler.4815

Traitline that adds damage and burns to torment? thank you…shame all classes that do torment don’t have that, much needed for pve.
Scourge looking like a very good raid spec due to lots of support. kitten it, I wanted Spellbreaker or Renegade to be the ones but now this is looking better.

Support? A barrier that degenerates fast is equal to a low ticking regen boon. That’s not support. That’s a laugh.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Irokou.3215

Irokou.3215

This elite spec is borderline broken in pvp. And if it has high condi damage alongside decent barrier support in PvE, it will outdamage condi reaper, which was supposed to be eventually given a power focused role according to Anet. Bad player is bad.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

This elite spec is borderline broken in pvp. And if it has high condi damage alongside decent barrier support in PvE, it will outdamage condi reaper, which was supposed to be eventually given a power focused role according to Anet. Bad player is bad.

broken as you get killed in few secs or cc to death on the other hand the condi is op surv is horrible so devs give it op condi spam

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

I wonder if OP tried the class at all.

There is huge synergy with existing traits – all shroud traits work, especially traits like Dhuumfire, and some of the synergy is so strong to make certain trait line feel almost mandatory (Dhuumfire, hint hint)

Weapon choice is limited on the surface, but actually, the obvious choice may be a trap. Dagger may be better since it allows massive usage of F2-5, for great effect.

And no, for me, Torment is not the main damage condition, burn and bleed are.

And if you think barrier is ineffective, you haven’t used it. It’s actually better than shroud.

“This is sad and disheartening.”

Sad and disheartening is people not even understanding how our trait lines work.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Zefiris.8297

“Support? A barrier that degenerates fast is equal to a low ticking regen boon.”

No, it’s vastly superior to an extent that having to actually explain it to you is baffling.

You use it when you predict incoming damage. If you have any amount of skill, this means that it is VASTLY better than regen ever could be, because it will always have its utmost impact, and massively increase EHP.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Right now, the viability of Scourge comes from the damage. It’s in a very precocious spot because any tweaks to the damage will expose the lack of any stability, gap closer, and ridiculously fast degenerating barrier.

Mesmer can do similar, but slightly less damage with far more scaling defenses and mobility…plus…stealth and minions to distract targetting.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iridi.8473

Iridi.8473

“Support? A barrier that degenerates fast is equal to a low ticking regen boon.”

No, it’s vastly superior to an extent that having to actually explain it to you is baffling.

You use it when you predict incoming damage. If you have any amount of skill, this means that it is VASTLY better than regen ever could be, because it will always have its utmost impact, and massively increase EHP.

No, because of condi damage. Rofl, its so funny how so completely wrong you are. I’ll sit back and laugh while you predict how much condi damage you take before you die since your barriers are gone.

Necromancer is the worst class hands down. Wake up Anet.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

No, because of condi damage. Rofl, its so funny how so completely wrong you are. I’ll sit back and laugh while you predict how much condi damage you take before you die since your barriers are gone.

LOOOOOOOOOL
L2F2. Barrier is pretty much n instant heal in combat, you see a spike, you barrier. Its not rocket science.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iridi.8473

Iridi.8473

LOOOOOOOOOL
L2F2. Barrier is pretty much n instant heal in combat, you see a spike, you barrier. Its not rocket science.

Yea gl with that. Let me know how it goes when you’re constantly dying to condis. L2NotPlayPvE

Necromancer is the worst class hands down. Wake up Anet.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

LOOOOOOOOOL

Yea gl with that. Let me know how it goes when you’re constantly dying to condis. L2NotPlayPvE

I’ve been winning 1v2s all day in pvp. Just letting you know.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Zefiris.8297

You don’t even understand how barrier works. It’s not gone the instant you take any amount of damage.

Taking Condi damage into account makes barrier even better.

My god, the scrubs in this forum…

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I just dont get this Forum, finally a fun challenging Necro specc, and most posts are about complaints. The fact that Scourge is a complete AoE beast compared to Necro & Reaper is reason enough to play it. Scourge actually requires some practice and skill to play compared to the Shroud based Necros.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

LOOOOOOOOOL

“WAHHHH, every elite is better than the one I play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Sorry bro/sis, but other classes started singing the melodrama before you.
Is today “World Epeekitten Day”, or why do you behave like utmost trash?

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Methuselah.4376

Methuselah.4376

I just dont get this Forum, finally a fun challenging Necro specc, and most posts are about complaints. The fact that Scourge is a complete AoE beast compared to Necro & Reaper is reason enough to play it. Scourge actually requires some practice and skill to play compared to the Shroud based Necros.

This. So much this. Stop whining you kittens, scourge is fantastic. Yes, barriers degen way too fast but maybe that will be fixed, but overall the condi damage/contant condi conversion/ torch skills are amazing. Torch 5 is incredible. Demonic lore is incredible. Sand shroud + Punishment elite combined is incredible. My first match playing this elite I had no real idea what I was doing and I was bringing down players like flies. I am certain once I obtain a decent measure of skill with this elite spec, it will be fantastic. And as someone who didn’t like the idea of removing shroud, I can say I am quite happy atm. But ye, Anet please slow barrier degeneration. Incorporate slower degen into our minor grandmaster in scourge line if you must, but make it happen.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I feel the main reason people are having success in Scourge is because opponents really don’t expect the amount of burst it can put out. More specifically, they don’t understand where it’s really coming from (hint: it’s the Shades, don’t stand close to them).

Once people figure that out, the rest of the spec really is lackluster at best. I also don’t think the sustained damage is going to be that high, which can cause serious problems for having a spot in raids. Works fine for anything shy of Champion status, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

I feel the main reason people are having success in Scourge is because opponents really don’t expect the amount of burst it can put out. More specifically, they don’t understand where it’s really coming from (hint: it’s the Shades, don’t stand close to them).

Once people figure that out, the rest of the spec really is lackluster at best. I also don’t think the sustained damage is going to be that high, which can cause serious problems for having a spot in raids. Works fine for anything shy of Champion status, though.

You sum up all we have grat condi damage because of shades but if you kite we are really defenceless barrier is a wannabe shroud it degens too fast we got practically 0 stab 0 evades 0 def once they reduce the condi damage we can do the spec a a whole will be dumped on the shelf and reapers will come out again

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Really? I didn’t even need to play the spec to see how I was going to use it. I think it’s pretty obvious how well it pairs up with various condition options we have, and I think it’s obvious how strong shades will be in area denial and control. You don’t need to be all that imaginative to see where those are applicable in the game.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Wait a few days until other players understood the scourge mechanics. I wrecked thieves even on power scourge with a simple F key spam (incl. shroud enter trait procs) while dagger autoattacking in that 1 second the F4 fear lasted.

When every thief noticed that he can just kill you with shortbow 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 3 … spam we talk again. Or hell let him spec P/P … total scourge wreckage inc.

As mentioned before by someone else: Scourge damage is broken. Sustain is a joke when you are on your own and broken, when someone supports you.

Happy balancing that stuff ANet! It should keep you busy till next expac.

But anyway, I tried Deadeye and it is even worse in pvp/wvw. A joke when alone, but broken when able to freecast in the backline.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Alright, i don’t know what OP is talking about, but scourge is amazing and the barrier is incredibly strong.

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

F2 doesn’t give barrier

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

F2 doesn’t give barrier

Thats condi clear f3 is small barrier f5 barrier and our heal gives barrier

Scourge is a Hot Mess

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The scourge feels slow and clunky.

This is probably due to the bad cast times on all of the weapons and the lack of mobility. Its not fun.

Also I am having trouble reaching my finger to hit F5. Advice on a control setup for anybody else having this issue?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.