Scrapper

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

“While blocking attacks you inflict heavy vulnerability…”

Yet another way to totally obsolete axe.

Comments on Engi elite?

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Scrapper looks cute. Can’t wait to eat them for breakfast on reaper.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Eh, we already knew Vulnerability was going to be a penny a dozen in Heart of Thorns.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I wish people would stop comparing necromancer/reaper to the other specs in a vacuum, especially when reaper is the elite spec thats arguably in best shape for release compared to the others. If necro isn’t good enough for you, just go play that class instead.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Run a transfer, and, as always, you will have a sad engi.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’m concerned that the scrapper stomp bot, traited, is a secure stomp versus our terrible downed state even if the downed state is traited.

That’s pathetic.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I’m concerned that the scrapper stomp bot, traited, is a secure stomp versus our terrible downed state even if the downed state is traited.

That’s pathetic.

Maybe don’t die. Our downstate is so bad it is better to simply be downed.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

That’s pathetic.

I see it as a targetable low-HP thingy, which just dies fast to our downed #1.. if lucky CoD proc, even faster… And not like engi with Stealth/Blind/Invul was an easy-to-rupt stomper before.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Axe will be getting changes. Eventually. That’s confirmed by Robert Gee.

Look at all professions. Basically anything can now stack large amount of Vulnerability and Might.

Interesting enough that you mentioned Engineer who can just equip Grenade Kit and be king of Vulnerability stacking anyway, but haven’t mentioned Glint Revenant’s Burst of Strenght stacking 20-22 Vulnerability in 1/2s.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I wish Arenanet would seriously reconsider how much vulnerability and might is in the game. Honestly, I have no idea why the developers cannot just increase direct damage.

There are so many boons and conditions being spammed in PvE that seem to be unnecessary. It is like the developers think every type of attack has to have some boon, condition, control effect, or AoE attached to it. I look through the lists of “extra” things attached to skills and am reminded of Dr. Seuss’ book The Sneeches and Other Stories.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

“While blocking attacks you inflict heavy vulnerability…”

Yet another way to totally obsolete axe.

Comments on Engi elite?

I actually expect the skill to do even more than just that. I really hope I didn’t misunderstood the skill and it will do damage in front of you. If it is a block with vuln. only, that would be pretty lame. Engineers have LOTS of vulnerability.

And to pick this specific skill to complain about in necromancer forum…. reaper is going to destroy scrapper, because you got a shout that makes you UNBLOCKABLE.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I don’t know about that: almost every time I get loaded with 5+ burns, the engi immediately blocks, and transfer miss (given I’m not on staff). Not sure if “Nothing can save you!” would make it work though.

What I’m the most concerned about scrapper is their party-wide super speed. Chonomancer has one too, not to mention all those with personal access…

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

(edited by Ara.4569)

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

I don’t know about that: almost every time I get loaded with 5+ burns, the engi immediately blocks, and transfer miss (given I’m not on staff). Not sure if “Nothing can save you!” would make it work though.

What I’m the most concerned about scrapper is their party-wide super speed. Chonomancer has one too, not to mention all those with personal access…

NCSY and Suffer. Boom. You have a burned engi who has a useless shield for the next few seconds

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Suffer no longer grant stability and Infusing terror will apply stability every sec. The Reapoer hit every 1/2 sec, then the engi will still stun you if you hit him in melee with the auto attack.

Anyway the engi have still a unbeliving multiple leap skill to take the distance, equip granades and kite down our melee reaper. (if it’s a good engi).

But yes, I think that the reaper in melee will be better than the scrapper if faced in 1vs1, but Only when the necro is in RS. Uot of RS if it’s the new “king of daze and stun” like they sayd, the necro will be killed easy when out of the RS.

Who will be faster to kill the opponent?
Find it after the HoT release!

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

“Suffer!” never granted stability. That was only “You are all weaklings!” and even then only to prevent you from getting CC’d while you cast your stunbreak. Functionality did not change in that regard as it barely covered anything other than the cast.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

My fault, I’ve read wrong the skill name. But in what Suffer will give all that troubles to the Scrapper? About the condi transfer? (the hammer don’t inflict condition damage or big conditions) Or the chill? ANet already sayd that one fo the new minions of the scrapper will clean conditions every (6-10?) seconds, making the class better against condition builds.

Anyway that can become a interesting fight.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

engi is currently the most ‘spammy’ profession, and it’s not something I enjoy.
I doubt that scrapper will be different.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Mhhh adaptive armor is a defensive variant of corrupters frevor (getting hit instead of appling conditions). So why does it give more toughness on max stacks?

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Mhhh adaptive armor is a defensive variant of corrupters frevor (getting hit instead of appling conditions). So why does it give more toughness on max stacks?

Well first beacause corrupter fervor can stack much faster and with more consistence thanks to not having an icd, secondly because the only way to get max damage reduction is by getting hits so to get the most damage reduction you have to take a ton of damage. Finally it loses potency when used with other defensive mechanisms with gear shield, elixer s, … will lower your stacks.

I’m more crossed with hammer 5 compared to staff 5.

EverythingOP

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Well first beacause corrupter fervor can stack much faster and with more consistence thanks to not having an icd, secondly because the only way to get max damage reduction is by getting hits so to get the most damage reduction you have to take a ton of damage. Finally it loses potency when used with other defensive mechanisms with gear shield, elixer s, … will lower your stacks.

I’m more crossed with hammer 5 compared to staff 5.

Yeah but the condi duration reduction is passive meaining you dont need to stack and i dont think that stacking the toughness buff is that difficult ether.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

engi is currently the most ‘spammy’ profession, and it’s not something I enjoy.
I doubt that scrapper will be different.

It’s what puts me off using Engi for more serious play.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

What i am most mad at scrapper and others specializations and ofc Anet because they did it, is that they are trying to kill condition builds slowly.
Berserkers can remove 3 conditions every 4 seconds if they play it right.
Scrappers now can remove 2 conditions every 3 seconds …

No condition build will kill them once everyone learn their classes, unless the player sucks.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

What i am most mad at scrapper and others specializations and ofc Anet because they did it, is that they are trying to kill condition builds slowly.

No condition build will kill them once everyone learn their classes, unless the player sucks.

Oh don’t you worry engineer is cursed with double kit and elixer S will always be strong contender so I’m not worried about the gyro. The hammer on the other hand, …. .

I do share your sentiment with the condition hate in this game though.

EverythingOP

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Oh don’t you worry engineer is cursed with double kit and elixer S will always be strong contender so I’m not worried about the gyro. The hammer on the other hand, …. .

You guys realize that there will be a gyroscope for this? Kill the gyroscope, no condi clean. It’s simple.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

all i can see from all the new 2h specks is how kitten slow the reaper sword really is. This engineer is hopping around like Bugs bunny…

(edited by mazut.4296)

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

You guys realize that there will be a gyroscope for this? Kill the gyroscope, no condi clean. It’s simple.

Yeah, kill the gyro and its done. But as the dev said: “they’ll have a good amount of health” and get even stronger via others skills and traits, like aoe protection.
On a power build you probably can kill that fast enough, on a condition build depending on its sustain, i don’t know …
And that trait -20% condition damage taken … lool

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Yeah, kill the gyro and its done. But as the dev said: “they’ll have a good amount of health” and get even stronger via others skills and traits, like aoe protection.
On a power build you probably can kill that fast enough, on a condition build depending on its sustain, i don’t know …
And that trait -20% condition damage taken … lool

That trait is gross. It’s like perma protection, but against condis.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Imagine if Blood Fiend worked like that on its passive.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The only thing that annoys me about Scrapper is Adaptive Armor being a strict upgrade from Corrupter’s Fervor (easier to maintain, stronger baseline and stronger when fully stacked) despite there not being any direct reason between the professions for them to have a stronger version (like happened with Dhuumfire). And also Superspeed being so present, especially in AoE. It is an irremovable buff you can’t stop from being applied that hard-counters soft-CC, which we heavily rely on.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I do not like Corrupter’s Fever. The ROI is bad, very bad. It looks fancy with its special icon but compares very poorly with protection, weakness, and our second health bar that prevents heals.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charblaze.6958

Charblaze.6958

Vulnerability is already so common that it won’t change Axe place in the least.

Gyros are good additional targets for Reaper. You even get to spam Gravedigger earlier when they reach 50% HP.

I worry more for base Necromancer but not for condimancers. They need a traits and mace rework before we start worrying about the Scrapper.

Indeed Adaptive Armor is a much more improved Corrupter’s Fervor.

(edited by Charblaze.6958)

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I do not like Corrupter’s Fever. The ROI is bad, very bad. It looks fancy with its special icon but compares very poorly with protection, weakness, and our second health bar that prevents heals.

CF actually works really well with Necromancer, though maybe a little bit weak. Its just dumb that they should get a strictly better one, if it is balanced on them it would be on us.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

There is plenty of theoretical synergy with CF but weakness, protection, blind, and DS do way better without increasing aggro. The trait needs to void/preclude damage reduction from those conditions and boons and give a massive increase in toughness, like 100 toughness per condition up to a max of 25, provided aggro tables are not changed. That would put Necromancer squarely in the blink-tank role and able to hold aggro with just enough sustain to survive with coordinated heals when out of DS.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

@Lynnie, I think thats mostly due to conditions being poorly implemented in this game in order to sync better with the fast paced combat system. Conditions are either overwhelming burst (burn guard, dhuumfire era terrormancer) or incidental chip damage on hybrid builds, but not really sustained DPS. Plus AoE teammate cleanse has always made it hard to deal with.

I will say though that purge gyro is trash tier. After its 15 seconds are up it goes on CD for 15 seconds, and in a teamfight it will cleanse allies instead of the engi sometimes during the interval, making the engi more susceptible.

@Bhwab, I think super speed (and alacrity) should be reclassified into boons so that the counterplay paradigm is more even. Although it also needs to not have a stack cap of 1 as well. Also I think most scrappers will only have a few short bursts of SS, because final salvo requires gyro usage, which most engis don’t want to do, and theres a 10 second ICD on the SS generating adept trait.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

@Lynnie, I think thats mostly due to conditions being poorly implemented in this game in order to sync better with the fast paced combat system. Conditions are either overwhelming burst (burn guard, dhuumfire era terrormancer) or incidental chip damage on hybrid builds, but not really sustained DPS. Plus AoE teammate cleanse has always made it hard to deal with.

I will say though that purge gyro is trash tier. After its 15 seconds are up it goes on CD for 15 seconds, and in a teamfight it will cleanse allies instead of the engi sometimes during the interval, making the engi more susceptible.

@Bhwab, I think super speed (and alacrity) should be reclassified into boons so that the counterplay paradigm is more even. Although it also needs to not have a stack cap of 1 as well. Also I think most scrappers will only have a few short bursts of SS, because final salvo requires gyro usage, which most engis don’t want to do, and theres a 10 second ICD on the SS generating adept trait.

Don’t gyro cooldown start ticking on death instead of on summon?

EverythingOP

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

I multiclass and tbh srapper doesn’t sound promising on paper. I still want to try it out but next BWE, I’ll spend the most time on necro.

Reaper is so kittenkn awesome.

Seriously hope that it’s NOT TOO OP or else it’ll be dhuumfire 2.0…coz you know, lots of cry babies.

EU since Aug 2012

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

all i can see from all the new 2h specks is how kitten slow the reaper sword really is. This engineer is hopping around like Bugs bunny…

Well from my testing of the reaper i was getting 5-8k auto attack crits quiet a bit thats a pretty hard hitting auto compared to any other class auto. The gravedigger critting in the 20ks inside a zerg or with a group of mobs is pretty much spammable for a short while as well.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Well from my testing of the reaper i was getting 5-8k auto attack crits quiet a bit thats a pretty hard hitting auto compared to any other class auto. The gravedigger critting in the 20ks inside a zerg or with a group of mobs is pretty much spammable for a short while as well.

Thats the fine part, the ugly part is landing gravedigger. And even more annoying is missing the first time and its going on cd…

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Thats the fine part, the ugly part is landing gravedigger. And even more annoying is missing the first time and its going on cd…

That is true but blind seems too be the perfect counter as well as positioning against this ability even using it off the bat can just take out a massive chunk of health. I think its a pretty kitten balanced ability as well as most of the other gs and shroud abilities.

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

It’s not that hard to do. 1v1 means counting dodges but if they ebade it you have RS #5 +4 combo or other way around. in a team fight where people don’t pay as much attention its super easy to land

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

It’s not that hard to do. 1v1 means counting dodges but if they ebade it you have RS #5 +4 combo or other way around. in a team fight where people don’t pay as much attention its super easy to land

In a team fight, you’re the rock and your team is the hard place. Reaper destroys in team fights, and shouts actually work well with it. Take Staff and Greatsword, Shouts, and RS all together and basically every attack you have is AoE. And you hit kitten hard with the GS, and pretty kitten quick with RS (RS 5 → RS 4 combo is one of my favorites basically ever)

So, yeah. Team fights. Reaper shines. Just like Anet wanted to happen

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Scrapper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

In a team fight, you’re the rock and your team is the hard place. Reaper destroys in team fights, and shouts actually work well with it. Take Staff and Greatsword, Shouts, and RS all together and basically every attack you have is AoE. And you hit kitten hard with the GS, and pretty kitten quick with RS (RS 5 -> RS 4 combo is one of my favorites basically ever)

So, yeah. Team fights. Reaper shines. Just like Anet wanted to happen

Exactly have you ever been in a team fight with a herald and a DD ele on your team? You will never die.

On the topic though not really worried about the scrapper at all. They have some nice toys but not fussed because if what they would need to give up to take it. Though you will never run from one because of all the super speed. They will move as far in combat as someone with swiftness outside of combat.