Selective hearing

Selective hearing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Over the past few months the guild I’m in, and myself have become less and less interested in the game. And this isn’t the games fault. I have stated complaints and made suggestions for months about things that need to change only to go mostly ignored or just brushed off like it wasn’t a problem. Many of us have become disillusioned to the game and are just biding our time for the next semi interesting MMO. Which I never thought I would be one of those people as I was one of the people who was waiting for GW2 since the release of Eye of the north.

Many of my problems with the game stem from the lack of communication, shady practices, game breaking bugs, rushed content, refusal to balance or fix what was already there and the devs seeming refusal to take responsibility for there actions.

The Living story is rushed, grindy, and rather shallow content. It looks pretty, sure. I really like some of the things that are added. Marjory is my favorite character in a long time. Probably since Vekk. However, this isn’t enough to keep me engaged.

Crafting, which was presented to us as much simpler and easy to use in comparison to other games, ended up being time gated at the highest tier of armor and forces players to farm events and dungeons each day to get these ascended armors and weapons. I had never felt like anything was such a grind. Obsidian armor in GW1 was less grindy then this, and that was designed to be grindy. Its taxing on me as a player who wants to have her armor and weapons complete so I don’t have to worry about it in the long run. Always having to update and worry about whats next. The Simplicity of the first game when it came to armor allowed for me to sink a large sum of gold into dozens of sets just so I could have multiple looks. here, I don’t feel like I will have the same ability to do that, especially with the accessories taking up so much room along with all the armor and weapons.

Underwater combat was supposed to be enjoyable. Yet every suggestion that I’ve made to fix it has been ignored. And even worse, you have rebalanced skills without even considering that it might not work anymore underwater. Rather then try and make it engaging, like you promised it would be, you removed it from competitive play and left it mostly ignored. I wanted to enjoy underwater content, and yet I find myself avoiding it like the plague.

You promised that you wouldn’t create a rock, paper, scissors environment for PvP, yet that is exactly what we are seeing in the latest patch. You promised that you wanted a low number of highly useful and good skills, yet what you have given us suggests differently. SoV is a very very situational skill that is only good in one very very specific situation. It is exactly the type if skill you promised would never exist in GW2.

You put a cultural armor on the gem store knowing full well that it was a prestigious set of armor that people worked very hard to get. Even worse then that you made the gem store version look better. And when the obvious back lash came from that, You made up excuses like it wasn’t your fault rather then owning up to the mistake. As I was taught as a kid, any apology with an excuse attached to it isn’t an apology as the person or people apologizing believe they did nothing wrong. Yet you did do something wrong. Very wrong. And you then took it off and gave us no estimated time for a replacement and told us that you will get to it at your own time, further showing us that the problem wasn’t that important to you.

Selective hearing

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

You added skill point requirement to PvP after over a year of not having any such thing in the game, gating skills to players who might have exclusively played PvP. This is wrong. I heard much from my friends who play PvP allot, beyond dislike for this but quickly brushing it aside because of the gold addition. This was wrong. You built up pvp as everyone being on a equal playing field and locking out skills to some players is not an equal playing field, even if the new skills where all terrible.

I have so many other problems with the game, I don’t have space or time to list them all and I’m just getting fed up with all of this. I Love Guild Wars. I loved the lore and the characters that captured my imagination from the first game. I’ve been a fan of the series for a long time. And I feel as though the game isn’t designed for me anymore. I seriously want to hold out hope that you guys will get your act together and start listening to the community and not just cherry picking what you want to hear.

I would actually keep playing the game if you guys took 6 months aside and just decided to work on, and fix the problems with the game and gave us no living story content or even so much as anything new at all as well as took the time to carefully listen to the community and have a real relationship with us. I would be willing to wait for major content. I did it with GW1 for years, what is 6 months? But at this point, I don’t think its going to happen. The only time you guys ever responded to me is to tell me that my experience with my profession was wrong, even though my experience before and after has proven otherwise.

Thank you Arena net for all the years of wonderful story and gaming. I will always treasure the good moments I had in both GW1 and 2. I wish you luck, I hope your game becomes everything you wanted it to be.

Selective hearing

in Necromancer

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Rock-Paper-Scissors-Necromancer. Everyone beats necro, and necro like: “Ugh, mkay”

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Selective hearing

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

facepalm this was supposed to be in general discussion forum.. I didn’t even think I had the necro forums open.

Selective hearing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

It was an enjoyable read nonetheless

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Selective hearing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

facepalm this was supposed to be in general discussion forum.. I didn’t even think I had the necro forums open.

That’s the second time its happened in the last week (someone else accidentally posted something here from the sPvP forums). Its okay :P

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Selective hearing

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

That’s the second time its happened in the last week (someone else accidentally posted something here from the sPvP forums). Its okay :P

I wasn’t going to make Phantasy star online 2 my main game when it comes out. It was going to be the game I use to take a break from GW2 to enrich both experiences.