Septer change = not overpowered

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stalefish.7615

Stalefish.7615

This is not overpowered nor does it necessarily force Septer upon all builds given other weapons gets the buffs they deserve.

The problem with this buff is that it is random in its effectiveness. With luck you have extremely high effectiveness, with bad luck you have no effectiveness and there is nothing you can do to influence this in any meaning ful way. This buff will primarily buff the bad necros, not the more talented ones.

This change, or buff, is in direct contradiction to dynamic action. It is random, and will do nothing good for sPvP in any aspect.

I do not argue against a decision to improve Septer, I leave that decision to Anet. I do whole heartedly though argue that this is not the way to do it.

Thanks for reading,

Stalefish

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

This is not overpowered nor does it necessarily force Septer upon all builds given other weapons gets the buffs they deserve.

The problem with this buff is that it is random in its effectiveness. With luck you have extremely high effectiveness, with bad luck you have no effectiveness and there is nothing you can do to influence this in any meaning ful way. This buff will primarily buff the bad necros, not the more talented ones.

This change, or buff, is in direct contradiction to dynamic action. It is random, and will do nothing good for sPvP in any aspect.

I do not argue against a decision to improve Septer, I leave that decision to Anet. I do whole heartedly though argue that this is not the way to do it.

Thanks for reading,

Stalefish

Sometimes boon corruption has some priorities, if its so pulsating stab is now your best friend. If not, theres always some some builds that rely in just a few boons, so you can easily convert them (shatter mesm even more kittened)

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Boon corruption is entirely random.

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

Just with signets, if I remember correctly Corrupt Boon(not that noticeable due to the big amount of boons corrupted) and Unholy Feast still priorizes Stab

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Just with signets, if I remember correctly Corrupt Boon(not that noticeable due to the big amount of boons corrupted) and Unholy Feast still priorizes Stab

It’s all random. This was changed in the 6/23/15 patch.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

My bad then. There’re still some situations where you can corrupt primordial boons without that much of a problem due to the low number of boons they ususally have(shatter mesm/druid)

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stalefish.7615

Stalefish.7615

My bad then. There’re still some situations where you can corrupt primordial boons without that much of a problem due to the low number of boons they ususally have(shatter mesm/druid)

This is true but still far too situational for any significant impact on build creation. My main argument still stands that this buff makes no distinction of a bad or talented necro, which is nothing but bad news for high level sPvP.

This change in its design still actively works against dynamic combat and celebrates spam.

Again, just to clarify, I argue that if a buff to Septer is you choice Arenanet then go right ahead, but this is not the way to do it. This will effectively hurt competitive gameplay.

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

Yes, Im also against this type of changes which does not promote skilled plays nor certain setups

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Just want to add that “randomly corrupting boons” through scepter AA.
RNG factors should be limited in pvp and tossing corruption on the AA will not at all promote skilled play.

Devona’s Rest

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

You overestimate, this boon corrupion on the 3rd hit.
Some classes have remove boon on auto attack. It didn’t change the world.

in Necromancer

Krysard.1364

You talking about mesmer sword autoattack?

M I L K B O I S

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

It’s not the removal of the boon I consider OP, it is what kind of conditions are being applied and how strong they are. If the skill acted more like "nothing can save you "(remove and apply a specific condition) it would be fine. Now we are using the boon conversion table which includes slow and fear. What isn’t strong lasts incredibly long.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

It will never, ever be overpowered. In any competetive game mode you could do so much more usefull stuff then using the AA waiting for the full chain for a single boon corrupted, skill 2 and 3 have fairly low cooldown, you have DS / RS skills that are much more potent. Also you have a second weaponset. While it looks good on paper, it really does not come into play that often in a real scenario.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It will never, ever be overpowered. In any competetive game mode you could do so much more usefull stuff then using the AA waiting for the full chain for a single boon corrupted, skill 2 and 3 have fairly low cooldown, you have DS / RS skills that are much more potent. Also you have a second weaponset. While it looks good on paper, it really does not come into play that often in a real scenario.

You’re forgetting that you want to land that 3rd auto for the Poison anyway.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Necros tend to want a lot, most of the time you’re so under focus and pressure that you just can’t afford to wait for that. Sometimes you just can’t even wait that 2 seconds for warhorn 4, or warhorn 5 before going into DS. If you are in a spot where you can freely cast all the spells you want without getting focused chances are that you will win the fight anyway.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

You want to land all of your attacks anyway that already makes it a perfect scenario even if we exclude that scepter is single target,of average speed and burst may become more common. I know everyone is factoring reaper in this but I’m not because that’s not how balance works.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: MadCatSadPet.7649

MadCatSadPet.7649

I’m not sure why they buffed scepter or even reapers in general. We aren’t really in a bad place unlike thief / warrior ( and I don’t really agree with the way they buffed thief anyway).

Even if they felt reapers needed a pat on the back, they could have buffed our defensive capabilities. Sometimes the only thing I can do under burst is pop shroud and tank it after burning all my dodges. And if I happen to be low on LF, I die.

Like that other guy who mentioned reapers build to choose what they die to, it’d be nice to have a build that isn’t intrinsically countered by certain classes. Give us the option to sacrifice offense for defense. That might make for more build variety.

Or rather, leave us alone. I’m okay with how my reaper is currently. As mentioned in another thread, making it any more powerful would simply invite scrubs to start rolling reaper cheese and justify all the QQ and salt about us. I don’t want ezmode or I’d play DH

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I’d rather not say anything but that boon corrupt will be a massive, massive buff. The auto attack chain is pretty quick. If you sit at a distance and just auto attack on a target, you will be able to wreck almost anyone, especially if they’re boon heavy. You get a bleed, poison, and 1 extra condi from a simple auto attack. Not only will the enemy’s boon get removed (super quickly), but it will become a condi. This can be anything from confusion to 3 stacks of bleeds to weakness and is seriously good for cover condis… not to mention it can turn stability into a fear, which is a hard CC AND chills, and the chill can deal damage. If you mix in Feast of Corruption’s Torment on top of that.. it will be really, really good. Basically, the boon-heavy meta will change drastically. I agree the buff is sort of… random. I’m not against it… I love the idea of more boon corrupts (boons are annoying anyway), especially against boon-spamming builds (and perma-stability Revenants), but this buff will be pretty kitten strong.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I would prefer to put torment as 3rd condition on scepter tbh. And if they want to make corupt conditions, to put in in master trait.
Revenant mace AA is awesome, why cant we stack some torment? please

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Theres nothing lucky about landing an auto attack. Even if you only land the third hit twice on someone during a fight, its still going to have a big effect.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I would prefer to put torment as 3rd condition on scepter tbh. And if they want to make corupt conditions, to put in in master trait.
Revenant mace AA is awesome, why cant we stack some torment? please

No thanks poison and boon hate sounds awesome

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Boon corruption is not, entirely, random. The person running boons has a fair bit of control over the resulting conditions. Necromancer has no “choice” but the boon-spamming opponent does.

Corrupting even one boon per AA cycle will be powerful against professions that generate boons constantly and, if a profession is set up for certain boons with 100% up-time, that player should be ready to see it get corrupted more often than a boon with low up-time.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Removing boons with auto attack (in range form) is considered a form of range pressure IMO. It is different from mesmer sword auto attack because 1. mesmers can’t stay in range always 2. most mesmers don’t run condition pressure (bleed/poison/torment).

If the enemy is running regen/protection/stability/retaliation/swiftness/taunt/aegis/fury/might/quickness/etc it goes away. With revenants running rampant, it is going to be useful to keep the constant might under control.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Necromancer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Scepter was already fine in the current meta. They could add boon removal on 2nd skill not on autoattack.
You can’t compare it with mesmer sword because that one requires melee range.

Will necro be nerfed to the ground yet again because of random silly buffs?