Settler's Armor in Southsun: Necro builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Whelm.9072

Whelm.9072

Toughness, Healing, Condition

Off the top of my head no real builds come to mind. It seems Toughness is a great stat considering the math but unless they change siphons to work off of Healing I’m not sure about the combination.

Just pondering here. Any thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Use Undead Runes with it, 30 in curses, 30 in deathmagic, 10 wherever you like.

Instant condition tank.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Instant condition tank.

10 in Blood Magic for Vampiric Precision Siphon health whenever you critical hit maybe?

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

He has no precision, Azraeel.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I considered this gear at first but I’ll stick with Vit/Prec/Healing.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Necromancer

Whelm.9072

Instant condition tank.

Yeah, Undead Runes seem to work here. Leveraging toughness into Cond damage.

This setup (THC) applies in a few Ranger builds where creating a bunker-style condition character works well because of the pet damage and constant Regen. For a Necro I suppose some Area Heal, Area Heal out of DS, sigil heals, might apply.

- just wondering at a possible layout – Thanks for looking

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Are there actual armor and weapons with these stats? If so, what is it called? Typing settler’s into the trading post only pulls up the trinkets and accessories.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

It seems it is sets of armor that will be available once the karka queen world boss meta event gets under way on the 4.

http://www.gw2db.com/search?search=settler%27s

At first glance it is similar to Apothecary, except that healing power and toughness has been swapped (toughness being a minor on Apothecary, major on Settler).

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

INteresting.

I dunno, I would like Cond/Tough/Heal. I think Tough/Heal/Cond is a poor choice. Tough/heal should be minors IMO.

Well of Blood scales well with healing – but nothing else worth talking about does, unless I missed some patch notes. Anyone? AFAIK only regen and WEll of Blood scale even reasonably well.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Life Transfusion and Deathly Invigoration aren’t mentioned in that otherwise superb article.

Hmm.

So WoB, plus I guess either Leeching or Geomancy (probs geomancy), then either wells or minions.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

This is my build while running full apothecary in PvE, WvW and SPvP with deviations in traits/skills depending on the situation:

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.5|6.1f.h1k|b.1f.h1k.8.1f.h5|1f.719.1f.719.1f.719.1f.719.1f.719.1f.719|31m.0.31m.0.21m.0.31m.0.21m.0.3w.0|0.k69.u245.k38.0|0.0|3t.4a.4c.3x.4g|e

Unfortunately I can’t spec the Sclerite Karka Shell in that link just yet, but I will assume i’m using it for the following “highlights” of the build:

- Armor: 2914 base armor for 36.99% more damage reduction compared to a glass cannon with 1836 armor. More damage reduction = more healing effectiveness.

- Condition Damage: 1214 base condition damage being moderately high. 104 dmg bleeds, 207dmg poison, 636 dmg burning and 315 confusion per stack. The build does around 27 stacks of area 7-8 second bleeds in a 30 second period + whatever epidemic adds (hemophilia trait helps in PvE).

- Healing Power: 1264 base Healing Power. Although the Necro only has 2-4 skills that benefit well from it, the ones that do have great utility, are AoE and can be cast at long ranges. As the week goes by the WvW healing bonus makes these heals even more effective. 24/7 Regeneration+Well of Blood can heal you 21724 health over 30 seconds. With this build you have 20372 Health total.

- Ritual of Protection: 3 seconds (3.9 seconds with 30%+ boon duration) of Protection to anyone in a Well when its cast.

- Well of Blood: Self Heal=6504 Group Heal=658 Health over 10 seconds. Compared to a Self Heal of 5240 and a Group Heal of 150 with no healing power. With full Apothecary it self heals a necro 13084 damage if they stay in the well for 10 seconds. On top of that, it also gives 3.9 seconds of group protection for an extra 33% damage reduction for the duration.

- Mark of Blood (Staff): A 1200 range AoE, 6 1/2 Seconds (6 ticks) of area (up to 5 Allies) Regeneration at 288 Health per second on a 4 3/4 second recharge. Compared to 130 healing per tick with no healing power. Also 3 stacks of 104 dmg bleeds over 8 seconds for 2496 damage.

- Minor Blood Magic Traits: These become a lot more useful with Healing Power. You can pick Mark of Evasion which is the same as Mark of Blood on staff, but 2 stacks of bleed on dodge every 10 seconds instead. Or for Ritual of life (Bonus Well of Blood on revive every 40 seconds) for a second Well of Blood when extra bleeds aren’t really needed but allies are garanteed to go into down state. Or Transfusion which does not scale with healing power.

- Well of Corruption and Well of Power: Gives you control over boons and conditions. Switch out for other wells/skills if there’s no conditions and/or boons around. Whatever wells you use both also grant 3.9 seconds of protection if you’re within them on cast. Well of Corruption can melt Guardians, D/D Ele boons etc. loading them up with a variety of conditions. Well of Power does the opposite and can turn an incredibly debuffed ally team into an incredibly buffed team over 5 seconds.

- Epidemic and Corrupt Boon: With all this condition damage/conversion you really can’t pass up Epidemic in group fights when you need the extra stacks/dps. When going against heavily booned enemies corrupt boon+well of corruption+epidemic can destroy just about anything if timed right.

Im probably missing something but that’s the general run down. I don’t play this character at range most of the time unless it’s wise to do so. Instead I play it at about 300-600 range from the target. I dodge around/into enemies while weapon swapping at the same time for Mark of Evasion (2 stacks of 104 dmg, 8 second Bleeds + 288 tick Regeneration on self and neaby allies) and Geomancy Sigil (3 stacks of 104 dmg, 7 second bleeds) combo. Both Mark of Evasion and Geomancy Sigil have almost identical cooldowns/range so they go together perfectly and give you an extra 5 stacks of 7-8 sec bleeds every 10 seconds. This combo pushes you to weapon swap all the time (which you need to be doing on this build for extra dps) and allows you to keep your 288 tick regeneration on yourself at least 6 seconds out of 10 regardless of weapon being used.

The rest is mostly situation. In an optimal 10-15 second period, I can stack and burst all my skills on allies/self for nearly 1000 health per second group healing for 10 seconds, 11.7 seconds of protection for 33% extra damage reduction, 5 seconds of converting all boons into conditions, 5 seconds of converting all conditions into boons, can apply about 10-15 stacks of area 7-8 second bleeding, can epidemic those stacks + whatever boons i converted into conditions into more stacks of conditions, and finally restart the process within 25 seconds (30secs for condition conversion).

in Necromancer

Whelm.9072

This is my build while running full apothecary in PvE, WvW and SPvP with deviations in traits/skills depending on the situation:

(snip)

Wow. I haven’t really looked through the possibilities of the build just yet but I wanted to say thanks for your well reasoned and detailed post. A lot to digest.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

No problem. I thought I would post how a full Apothecary build would look in detail, which would be almost identical to a Settler build. Actually a Settler set up is very much the same as my build in SPvP stat wise (Shaman Amulet).

I had a “cons” part but hit the limit for characters in one post. Basically the build plays well in my experience whenever your in a situation where multiple enemies are attacking you and your team in close quarters and everyone is essentially stacked within a 600 range area (taking points is SPvP, Camps in WvW, Fractals, Dungeons where team has to draw/stack on enemies etc). If the enemy or enemies can’t spike you down or cc you to death, you will almost always come out on top. It also works well in WvW zergs at choke points, walls etc.

Where it doesn’t work well is against groups of enemies with a lot of crowd control, combined with high spike damage and/or a lot of condition removal. Or if allies and enemies are spread out which makes your wells/marks pretty much redundant for buffing/debuffing. Bunker apothecary rangers in WvW give me problems when they keep at range and strafe/dps for example.

Sometimes it just not the right build for the moment. There are many instances when “a good defense is a good offense” philosophy is key as we all know, which this build doesn’t do well. That’s why for my necro I use a Rabid set for a pure high dmg condition build and use my mesmer or something else when I want a power dps character (until I make a power set).

I will say if anyone really wants a support armor set for necro with healing power, apothecary and settler is the way to go:

Toughness: Higher damage reduction means higher healing effectiveness. We already have tons of vitality.
Healing Power: For reasons in my last post.
Condition Damage: For necro we have enough area bleed application in addition to epidemic to not need bleed on critical. Also condition damage is solely modified by condition damage and doesn’t need say a secondary stat like critical damage. So I would pick Apothecary/Settler over Clerics for that reason. Not to mention Necromancer base skill damage is kind of lackluster compared to other classes and really need precision and critical damage to shine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Kind of wondering if the settler’s armor is better off with a power/vitality or power/precision build. With the armor’s stats bent so conservatively, the wearer is asking to be beaten like a drum, which works in team PvE, but not so well in other situations. the armor is basically paladin-type. When it was first announced, I could think of no good use for it and am still scrtching my head over what to do with it.

Thoughts?